I think Roman is a winner, how he amassed his fortune and the dubious versions from people that want to call his money mafia money or whatever is immaterial, you just don't get that sort of money if you're not a winner.
Winners are not usually prone to giving up and I think that stands as much in his Hobby (if thats what the club is) as in his Business.
I would have thought the doubts about his perseverance would have been all but put to Bed by the seventy odd million he just laid out and being as he bought Luiz who can't play in this years CL he must be thinking of the future.
Obviously he could have been thinking of next season only and expecting us to be in it (as I still do) but I would have thought the thought crossed his mind that we might not make it and he carried on with a view to making it a lot easier next season.
Roman has his ego and rightly so as I would be pretty proud of myself had I achieved what he has so I don't see him going anywhere until we've not only won the CL but cemented our place at the very top of Euopes elite and even then after him saying he would pass the Club down to his son later on why should we doubt him? I don't like a lot of things he appears to do (meddling in transfers and sacking people) but I don't even know if half the things I don't like are even true, one thing I do know is I have never had reason to think he is a liar and so far he has contributed a ludicrous ammount of money to the cause and I don't see him cutting his losses any time soon.