Windows 10

charierre

An Untouchable
Messages
10,894
Reaction score
7,343
Been using it now since Friday and am quite impressed with its speed. Probably the first windows that has had the wow factor since XP. Every programme that was originally on my PC so far appears to work without any compatibility problems. Been trying the new microsoft browser 'Edge' , its very fast though quoting and replying to topics on here seems to require a couple of presses. Any observations from anyone else using it?

 
Installed it last night. Loving it so far.

 
I'm using Microsoft Edge (new browser) as I'm getting fed up of Firefox locking up all the time.

So far, it's actually really nice!

 
Is it just me or is everything a lot larger in windows 10 while surfing the web, both on Edge and Firefox?

 
Does anyone have a solution to this yet? Everything looks excessively zoomed in by default, on all websites.
If you right click on your desktop and click 'display settings', that could be whats wrong? Move the slider down to 100% if it isn't already there.

 
Otherwise, I've got no clue sorry.
 
If you right click on your desktop and click 'display settings', that could be whats wrong? Move the slider down to 100% if it isn't already there.

 
Otherwise, I've got no clue sorry.
The display settings are fine and everything on my desktop looks good. It's only zoomed in on web browsers.

Thanks anyway.

 
The overall driver support and access time (boot, processes, etc.) have much improved. Gaming support is very good, from what I've experienced so far.

Unfortunately, even after turning off all of the data statistics gathering and reporting, Microsoft is still performing a fair bit of data mining. Not that I'm surprised, and I understand they all do it. it is just disappointing.

Still, I'm pleased to have it on my rig. I wonder if older devices (e.g., older laptops) will be able to run Windows 10 or if legacy driver support is going to be lacking. Only time will tell.

 
Installed it by accident last week. I downloaded it but thought I would wait a few months to install. My wife used the laptop, then when I used it the next day it began installing 10, she clicked to say yes to install the daft sod

Pretty impressed with it though, fixed some of the speed issues I was having, and everything works. Other than my erm.....iffy copy of Office, damn them.

One thing which is good is the Xbox integration, being able to stream from my xbox one and play game son my laptop is impressive, and useful when my little girl is watching bloody Peppa Pig....again.

 
I use MacBook Pro mostly but I have my own PC desktop for game reason. Lol, I decided to install Windows 10. It's much better. Good job, Microsoft.

 
It's a good thing I backed up everything on to my external hard drive before I did this joke of an upgrade.

Got a not_less_or_equal error message when I turned on my laptop this morning. I tried a few fixes likes messing about in the command prompt typing in bullsh*t but nothing works. Currently restoring my laptop back to factory settings and back to sh*tty Windows 8.1.

It's a shame, because I thought, from the short time I used 10, it was really good. I was very impressed with the speed of the Edge browser.

f**k Windows. I'm getting a MacBook next time

 
Last edited by a moderator:
f**k Windows. I'm getting a MacBook next time
Good lad.Although after upgrading to Yosemite my Macbook has been ridiculously slow. I've had it 7 years and would have liked it to remain the best for a bit longer. I don’t particularly want to get another one, I can’t really justify the price considering I do most of my browsing on my phone/tablet, but the slowness is frustrating.

 
My MacBook Pro is five years old now and is creaking. Like you, I don't want to splash out on a new one just yet and it wasn't long ago that I spent £150 on replacing the memory and hard drive.

 
Everything Apple is massively overpriced and overrated. 

 
It's a good thing I backed up everything on to my external hard drive before I did this joke of an upgrade.

Got a not_less_or_equal error message when I turned on my laptop this morning. I tried a few fixes likes messing about in the command prompt typing in bullsh*t but nothing works. Currently restoring my laptop back to factory settings and back to sh*tty Windows 8.1.

It's a shame, because I thought, from the short time I used 10, it was really good. I was very impressed with the speed of the Edge browser.

f**k Windows. I'm getting a MacBook next time
I lost faith in Windows years ago.

I haven't looked back since I bought myself a MacBook Pro.

 
Back
Top