Women's World Cup

youlots

First Team Regular
Messages
3,468
Reaction score
1,044
Somewhat curious, and a bad look, that there's been no thread created for this thus far so here it is.

I've had a look at a few games so far & mostly enjoyed them: particularly the fact that there seems to be very little rolling around & playacting from any of the players when they're tackled.

 
Somewhat curious, and a bad look, that there's been no thread created for this thus far so here it is.

I've had a look at a few games so far & mostly enjoyed them: particularly the fact that there seems to be very little rolling around & playacting from any of the players when they're tackled.
That's unfair. If people aren't interested, then they aren't interested, you can't force people to like it.

As for me, I have watched a few games, but I haven't enjoyed any of them. The standard of quality just isn't enjoyable for me, it's the same reason why I don't watch lower league mens teams.

 
I watched a few highlights of goals, but the quality is really bad, some comical own goals and mistakes, and sides utterly unbalanced like in the 13-0 win.

 
I don't even care about the men's world cup anymore. I might try to catch a few of these games on TV though. Even if the standard is not as super-high as for men's internationals it sounds more entertaining.

 
There may have been a topic that got lost in the black hole over the last few days.

 
Yeah the quality of games might not be as good due as we don’t have the physical capability of men but it’s more skill and technique based and I think it’s ok to watch, football is football, it’s better than love Island anyway! 

 
I’ve tried to give the games a go but today was just ridiculous. 

Englabd v Cameroon was an embarrassment. 

I know men dive and scuffle And play act. But what happened today tops the lot. 

Cameroon score, celebrate. 

Var review carried out and the build up deemed offside and the goal disallowed. 

Result.. 

the ENTIRE outfield 11 Cameroon players go absolute mental at the dugout area, refuse to keep playing and half of the women start balling their eyes out. 

?

 
I’ve tried to give the games a go but today was just ridiculous. 

Englabd v Cameroon was an embarrassment. 

I know men dive and scuffle And play act. But what happened today tops the lot. 

Cameroon score, celebrate. 

Var review carried out and the build up deemed offside and the goal disallowed. 

Result.. 

the ENTIRE outfield 11 Cameroon players go absolute mental at the dugout area, refuse to keep playing and half of the women start balling their eyes out. 

?
I saw some and thought the ref was frightened to get the cards out for some nasty challenges by the Cameroon players.

I haven't seen a good replay of the VAR decision for what would have been Cameroon's equaliser, was it a clear offside?

 
Ref was abysmal. 

It wasn’t for an equaliser, I’m pretty sure they were 2-0 down at the time. But no it wasn’t a clear offside but in the laws of the game, it was offside. Was quite harsh though but rules are rules! 

 
I see The Lioness are waiting for The Yanks in the Semis - just at the right time before we celebrate our Independence Day of breaking away from England :Troll_Face:

 
Last edited by a moderator:
France are supposed to be one of the better teams in the competition... This is so terrible.

 
France are supposed to be one of the better teams in the competition... This is so terrible.
or Maybe The US is just that good - The Yanks are the Defending Champs - recognize Greatness when you see it

D-LY753XkAER0OY.jpg
 
Saw the Swedes today turn over the Germans.

They were impressive and were the first team to come from behind in this tournament.

There equalising goal was like Torres at his best and scored by Jakobsen.

Noticed the Swedes seemed very tall yet also worked hard and put a lot of players behind the ball defensively and broke with speed being very direct at times.

 
Saw the Swedes today turn over the Germans.

They were impressive and were the first team to come from behind in this tournament.

There equalising goal was like Torres at his best and scored by Jakobsen.

Noticed the Swedes seemed very tall yet also worked hard and put a lot of players behind the ball defensively and broke with speed being very direct at times.
Viking Women dude - IMHO The Swedes Men & Women have a very similar playing style - tall & athletic - I won't lie I am said to see Zie Germans go - I believe The Dutch will bounce The Swedes & I am not typing this to make @Valerie happy - here in the US no one wanted to give The Dutch props, but they are the European Champions - Now The Dutch are in the Semis - it's time to recognize The Dutch Women are all that & a bag of chips

 
Viking Women dude - IMHO The Swedes Men & Women have a very similar playing style - tall & athletic - I won't lie I am said to see Zie Germans go - I believe The Dutch will bounce The Swedes & I am not typing this to make @Valerie happy - here in the US no one wanted to give The Dutch props, but they are the European Champions - Now The Dutch are in the Semis - it's time to recognize The Dutch Women are all that & a bag of chips
Chips, yum....

For the first time in ages, I've been watching Oranje again  :laugh2: Although the women's World Cup and obviously the Netherlands team get a lot of attention, it's not as nauseating as when the men play. Progress!

Although blue is still the colour, that goes without saying

 
Viking Women dude - IMHO The Swedes Men & Women have a very similar playing style - tall & athletic - I won't lie I am said to see Zie Germans go - I believe The Dutch will bounce The Swedes & I am not typing this to make @Valerie happy - here in the US no one wanted to give The Dutch props, but they are the European Champions - Now The Dutch are in the Semis - it's time to recognize The Dutch Women are all that & a bag of chips
I guess by 'props' you mean credit.

The Dutch have some good players yet think England have the most dangerous attack as we have several that can score.

The US look athletic and hard working and have a degree of games-man-ship that works for them, not the most pleasing on the eye yet effective.

The Swedes could be a match for them assuming England go out.

First time I have followed the women's tournament and now we are in the knockout phase am enjoying most.

 
The Swedes could be a match for them assuming England go out.
One match at a time bro. US vs England & Netherlands vs Sweden. IMHO any team can make it into the finals & btw The Yanks already beat Sweden 2-0 - right now let's see if Bronze can stop Rapinoe from doing her thing, but I want to see Carli Lloyd starting over Alex Morgan - Lloyd has soo much game it's sick


 
Back
Top