Women's World Cup

I'm wondering if Neville will change the system and play 4-5-1 to try and stop the US.
BTW I can't remember the last time The US beat England - I believe England matches up well vs The Yanks - I wouldn't be surprised if this match goes to PKs

 
One match at a time bro. US vs England & Netherlands vs Sweden. IMHO any team can make it into the finals & btw The Yanks already beat Sweden 2-0 - right now let's see if Bronze can stop Rapinoe from doing her thing, but I want to see Carli Lloyd starting over Alex Morgan - Lloyd has soo much game it's sick
At least the US women will tour the House of Representatives and skip the White House if they win  :smile:

 
At least the US women will tour the House of Representatives and skip the White House if they win  :smile:
The USWNT has already been at The White House, but that was with #44 

image


 
BTW I can't remember the last time The US beat England - I believe England matches up well vs The Yanks - I wouldn't be surprised if this match goes to PKs
What's the women's domestic game like in the US, is it well established?

 
What's the women's domestic game like in the US, is it well established?
struggling but check this fact out - All of the countries participating in France 2019 (except for China & Germany) have Women on their squads that have been involved either in the US Women Collegiate game or in a US Women Professional League - also The US Women's National Team brings in more money into The US Soccer Federation than the Men

 
or Maybe The US is just that good - The Yanks are the Defending Champs - recognize Greatness when you see it

 ​
France were terrible on the attack (multiple off-target headers and a poor miss at the near post stick in the mind) and the US routinely gave the ball away in their own half. Outside of a some good blocks in the second half, the US didn't have to work too hard and when France stepped it up in the final 15-20 minutes the US looked vulnerable.

 
Congrats to the US though I missed most of the 1st half due to work I caught the rest and we looked second best.

The US team were far fitter and than us and though we had a few good moments were clearly second best.

Millie Bright's two yellows, no complaints as they were both potential bookings for me and the ref thought so too.

The off-side call for the equaliser was also fine and I agree with the penalty call. It was just a poor penalty.

Our own Fran Kirby improved the team in the second half yet thought she would have come on for Jill Scott who I thought had an awful game.

Scott did provide a clever assist for White's offside goal yet her passing and letting the passes go by the for the invisible player were disappointing.

Still, semi-finalists is a decent achievement.

 
Let's not kid ourselves, this is why we were knocked out

FB_IMG_1562106407388.jpg

 
Congrats to USA girls, a cracking second goal.

Shame about the Dutch up until the penalty they looked evens to get a result.

 
Congrats to USA girls, a cracking second goal.

Shame about the Dutch up until the penalty they looked evens to get a result.
Women, Strider, they're women  :rolleyes:

The first half ended 0-0, but the US were much more of a threat. I felt it was a matter of time before the Dutch would concede. They tried to rally after that unlucky penalty, but some good combinations paid off: 2-0. Excellent defending prevented a bigger score.

Overall, a great tournament for Oranje, they can be very proud to win silver. Next stop the Tokyo Olympics. 

 
Third place play off is sh*te though. Can you imagine a third place play off in the CL, or the FA Cup or the race to shag busty Brenda from number 34 when third place is Skanky Sonya. Its a game nobody wants to be in then pretends it was important when they win it.

 
Back
Top