World Cup - Match day 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some very inconsistent reffing in this game - the ref is alternating between being too relaxed and too stern.

 
This game is similar to Japan v Ivory Coast. Ivory Coast dominating the ball asking the questions, Japan side coached more competently.

I think if Ghana can somehow get a goal before the 60th minute they'll win the game.

No goal before the 70th minute and I think the USA will stroll to victory.

 
Agreed. As you say, the Ghanaian final ball is poor - wayward crosses and rushed or mis-kicked shots. Ghanaian nerves will increase as the second half goes on and they'll press and create space for the US to exploit (unless Ghana score early in the half). The US players are working hard, fair play to them.

 
I think this has gone for Ghana. Tonight's games make me think African teams have been watching Chelsea games. Both Nigeria and Ghana have been clueless in how to break down a packed defence.

 
oh snap Here come Bison Essien!!! Yanks are hanging on by a thread atm

 
People on I would like to apologize. I have called Brooks a scrubs on several occasions. I felt The USNMT has better CBs, but guess what? Brooks saved our bacon today. Brooks I would like to Thank You!!! I will never doubt you again Jurgen Klinsmann!!!

 
People on I would like to apologize. I have called Brooks a scrubs on several occasions. I felt The USNMT has better CBs, but guess what? Brooks saved our bacon today. Brooks I would like to Thank You!!! I will never doubt you again Jurgen Klinsmann!!!
who is he ? Ive never heard of him. Commentator says he was born outside of the US?

 
Well done robdog, soldiergirl and any other US Shedenders! A good game and worth staying up for.

Brooks looked like that goal meant the world to him.

 
Im half American but have always supported England but feeling positive that I will have at least one team to support in the knockout rounds

edit: I would love to see America dump Portugal and Ronnie out the WC

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, big win for the US!

I can't say we deserved it. We looked second best throughout. Ghana were firing in crosses and getting into dangerous positions with ease. When they finally scored I thought they'd go on to win it. We got lucky Ghana forgot their shooting boots.

 
It's good to see the atmosphere from the US on twitter, I don't think they've ever been this hyped for a World Cup before.

I would say Ghana where the better team but all the credit has to go to the US, they stuck together and had great spirit even when they conceded so late.

 
If and when football or 'soccer' takes off properly in the US it really will be 'the' global sport.

With Beckham, Lamps and people like David Villa out there combined with the fact that America could have a decent tournament I think the American public could really take notice especially with recent criticisms of basketball and baseball with racism and doping grabbing the headlines

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top