World Cup - Match day 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have money on 3-1 and I really put some thought into that prediction!
Not a good start. Hope you didn't put money on Brazil and Russia as well cause those predicitons look dodgy to me!

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Not an impressive display from Belgium, martins made a difference though. Lukaku did nothing, de bruyne was poor but a great cross for the goal. Hazard was quiet too but his pass for the goal was good. Chadli was god awful and so was vertongen.

 
I'm not being sarcastic. I'm agreeing with you.
Ah right, fair enough. It was hard to tell.

Had a good game once he dropped deeper around the 60/70 min mark, instrumental in both goals.

 
Belgium didn't play well but they got the win. I always think it's better to start slow and then pick up the pace after the group stages.

 
No surprise Algeria proved tougher than many expected...four years ago they did the same to England...Belgium weren't good, but fact they still won was a good sign...hazard will have to get used to that kind of attention for club and country, but still came up with sublime moment for decisive goal

 
Perhaps, the first game jitters or something. The red devils are playing much better in their next game, I almost certain.

 
As Hulk is injured Ramires starts on the right side. Weird Willian isn't starting there.

 
Not that weird. He's not very good.
This+is+bait+guys+btw+Just+press+hide+_079f406944a07bc1f38c1dd6d69aeda7.png


 
Not a good start. Hope you didn't put money on Brazil and Russia as well cause those predicitons look dodgy to me!
For the office pool I had to predict the score of every group match, and then the pairings of the knockout stage and the winners, up until the final. At this stage the correct result gives you 8 points, and the correct winner (or draw) with incorrect score is 3 points. We also have to predict the number of draws, goals for and against Holland, etcetera.

So the Belgium win gave me 3 points.

It cost me 5 euros to participate. You're sweet to worry, but rest assured my mortgage payments won't suffer :-)

 
He made the cut. He is a pretty good player playing in team Brazil in their own country. I think he is more suited to the right side.

great player, we are lucky to have him to be honest. But I think for Brazil it's very much a case of Oscar or William and Oscar is Brazil's best player over the last few games (and not to mention last few years)

Again a player we are lucky to have, looking forward to having him focused next year. scary to think he's not even 23 yet?

 
The Mexican keeper Ochoa is having a great match so far. I'm enjoying this!

Ah, booking for Ramires, what a surprise.

 
I meant the intense training sessions, not the friendlies.
I still disagree, there's no substitute for assessing a players value than high intensity competitive matches.

Mourinho will learn more about how Lukaku has improved from these matches then assessing him in training.

 
I still disagree, there's no substitute for assessing a players value than high intensity competitive matches.

Mourinho will learn more about how Lukaku has improved from these matches then assessing him in training.
Well then we'll have to disagree. I don't think videos of playing for a different team with different tactics means a lot in assessing whether he is ready for Chelsea or not.

 
Brazil obviously feeling the pressure of a home world cup.

They will need to be much better in the knockout stages.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top