Xabi Alonso

Status
Not open for further replies.

sals

First Team Squad
Messages
1,642
Reaction score
19
Just want to see what everyone else thinks of xabi alonso as in my opinion he is a 15m pound player tops, yet im reading articles saying that liverpool wont let him go for anything less than 40m pounds. This is crazy money for a mediocre player. I checked out this is anfield (the liverpool forums) the other day and just listening to them go on about him was ridiculous. The latest thing they are saying is wesley Sneijder plus 20m for him!!!! I would rather have sneijder than alonso let alone adding any money into the transfer. Unfortunately my flatmate is a liverpool fan and just listening to him go on and on about alonsos passing ability and all round gameplay is completely different from my opinions from whenever i have watched him play.

 
He is very good, but they are Dippers. Of course they're going to overrate their own players. This is coming from the same set of knuckleheads who claimed that Gerrard was a better right back than Cafu.

 
I really rate Alonso highly. Firstly, despite the redcards last year, he is just about the only Dipper I dont wanna hit across the face with a shovel. His passing range is excellent, I think he is among the best in the world on his day at finding pinpoint longballs to players. Add to that his ability on FKs and I think he is a very very good player.

IMO, he wont go for anything over 23-25. Liverpool are posturing. Rafa wants him, but not enough to make him want to stay, clearly. and 40m + Sniejder is a joke. They can get Ribery for that.

Someone commented on another forum that Madrid's attack with a supporting duo of Alonso and Lass is the kind of squad that could win a champions league. I dont know about that, but I think he would vastly improve Madrid.

so, in summation, Liverpool might be overrating him, but objectively I dont think he is overrated. To me, Torres is the only player more important on that team. If Liverpool sell him, imo, they wont win the title

 
Last edited by a moderator:
You see Alonso more important than Gerrard for Liverpool? That I disagree with, but everything else I concurr.

 
he is just about the only Dipper I dont wanna hit across the face with a shovel
Can't agree with that Westway. He has been a complete c*nt to Frank over the years, and for that reason alone I dislike him.

Great player, mind you, we can certainly agree on that.

 
Can't agree with that Westway. He has been a complete c*nt to Frank over the years, and for that reason alone I dislike him. Great player, mind you, we can certainly agree on that.
exactly, hes a snidey little sh*t the way he plays. always leaving a foot in, always overplaying fouls etc.. hell of a good player though, and i do think he was more important for the dippers last season than gerrard.

 
That is fair, he is a snide little bar steward at times. I also remember he whined and bitched to the press over getting booked for a foul on Eidur in 2005

I guess he has a less annoying on field demeanor than most of them (certainly compared to St. Starfish, Mascherano, Carjacker, etc) and I liked the way he played, but he has definitely had his moments. I did wanna tear his head off after the Anfield game last year when he grabbed his ankle like he'd been shot, after nearly breaking frank's leg. Riley bought his playacting 200%

If he wants to go to Madrid though, he has my blessing. Id love to see that, Gillet and Hicks pocket the transfer fee, and Lucas replace him in midfield

 
He's a cheating little prick, i think it was 7 or 8 players who got sent off for tackling hime last season including Frank despite the fact alonso was the one who went over the top of the ball. Absolute c**t

 
Last edited by a moderator:
They'll miss him on the pitch for sure. I'm glad he's going and I'll be even more delighted if Mascherano goes too cos that'll be their season well and truly f**ked before it's even started.

 
They'll miss him on the pitch for sure. I'm glad he's going and I'll be even more delighted if Mascherano goes too cos that'll be their season well and truly f**ked before it's even started.
I think if one goes the other will too. What does it say to Mascherano when they get close to the title, and then the manager then sells a lynchpin player? Doesnt really inspire much confidence.

 
but they just signed Johnson, and all the dippers said "this is our year" we've finally got a RB

 
but they just signed Johnson, and all the dippers said "this is our year" we've finally got a RB
Albeit one who can't defend. However, anything's an improvement on Arbeloa and Dossena...

 
One of the most overrated players of this decade. Is only good at switching play and nothing more.

 
Last season was their best player, yes even over gerrard IMO. Don't agree with the earlier comments that his FK's are good, they're very on-off, but he's arguably the best passer of the ball in the league. Lose him and they'll be f*cked

 
would have to say gerrard was their best player last season, alonso is good at switching play but is liverpool holding onto him really key to them having a title challenge this season? If they could get sneijder plus some cash and then get david silva i would be a lot more frightened

 
I don't think he's overated, Alonso is good at picking out the passes and sitting back. He slows the game up a bit but he is pretty comfortable on the ball and i think he's a luxury too have and he helps gerrard alot in my opinion.

 
One of the most overrated players of this decade. Is only good at switching play and nothing more.
If anything, he has helped make Gerrard into one of the most overrated players of the decade. I dont think its a coincidence that Gerrard got moved out of midfield into attack and Alsono had his best season at Liverpool

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top