Your 20 Favourite Albums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay to actually follow the rules this time... I found it hard to list 20 as quite a few of my favourite albums are greatest hits... so some of these aren't actually favourites but more making up the list. In no order:

Taylor Swift - Red

Green Day - Nimrod

Blink 182 - Enema of The State

Jimmy Eat World - Bleed American

The Killers - Sam's Town

Bowling for Soup - Drunk Enough to Dance

Less Than Jake - Anthem

Katy Perry - Teenage Dream

Lady Gaga - The Fame Monster

Michael Jackson - Thriller

OPM - Menace To Sobriety

Limp Bizkit - Chocolate Starfish & The Hotdog Flavoured Water (reinds me of my school days)

The Offspring - Conspiracy Of One

Pink - Funhouse

Actually that'll do, I can't list any more if they have to be considered 'favourite'.

 
Ah that Limp Bizkit album Gem, was amazing!

Terrible group really, bit annoying but that album was somewhat brilliant!

 
? Squarepusher - Hard Normal Daddy

? Squarepusher - Feed Me Weird Things

? Squarepusher - Go Plastic

? Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin I

? Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin II

? Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin III

? Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin IV

? Led Zeppelin - Houses of the Holy

? Led Zeppelin - In Through the Out Door

? Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon

? CCR - Willy and the Poor Boys

? Mr. Bungle - Mr. Bungle

? Incubus - S.C.I.E.N.C.E.

? Iron Maiden - The Number of the Beast

? Iron Maiden - Powerslave

? Van Halen - Van Halen

? Van Halen - MCMLXXXIV

? Van Halen - 5150

? Slipknot - Slipknot

? Sublime - Sublime

 
Last edited by a moderator:
^^^^^^

Oh Dear - someone else who didn't read the rules.

Still need to post mine when I have more time and I'll make sure it doesn't consist of only Jam albums!

 
TrueBlueTAT, it's interesting that you are such a big fan of Zeppelin but didn't include Physical Graffiti (and did include In Through the Out Door)- are you not as big a fan of that album as of the others? My personal favourite is Houses of the Holy.

 
Ah that Limp Bizkit album Gem, was amazing!

Terrible group really, bit annoying but that album was somewhat brilliant!
Haha indeed, I liked Significant Other too but the Chocolate Starfish was the first album I listened to so much that I damaged it.

 
TrueBlueTAT, it's interesting that you are such a big fan of Zeppelin but didn't include Physical Graffiti (and did include In Through the Out Door)- are you not as big a fan of that album as of the others? My personal favourite is Houses of the Holy.
You know what... I completely forgot that Physical Graffiti has Kashmir, one of my favorite songs ever.  Also Custard Pie and Ten Years Gone.  Some good jams on this one.  Definitely one of my favorites too.

^^^^^^

Oh Dear - someone else who didn't read the rules.

Still need to post mine when I have more time and I'll make sure it doesn't consist of only Jam albums!
My fault.  I just read the title and went to it.  I'll re-do it a bit later.

 
Brave choice. But the wrong one, I'm afraid. Morning View sh*ts all over S.C.I.E.N.C.E 
I really like that album too.  Just not as much as S.C.I.E.N.C.E because S.C.I.E.N.C.E is more raw and heavy.  In Morning View they were just starting to become pussy sounding but not all the way like their newest bullsh*t.  They didn't go full pussy so to speak.

 
I really like that album too.  Just not as much as S.C.I.E.N.C.E because S.C.I.E.N.C.E is more raw and heavy.  In Morning View they were just starting to become pussy sounding but not all the way like their newest bullsh*t.  They didn't go full pussy so to speak.
Nothing wrong with a full pussy  :wink:

 
20. Joe Jackson - I'm The Man

19. The Stranglers - Rattus Norvegicus

18. Beatles - Revolver

17. Billy Bragg - Life's a Riot with Spy vs Spy

16. Kate Bush - The Kick Inside

15. The Undertones - The Undertones

14. The Rifles - No Love Lost

13. Sex Pistols - Never Mind The bo**ocks

12. Elvis Costello - This Years Model

11. Neil Young - Harvest

10. Paul Weller - Wild Wood

9. Ian Dury & The Blockheads - New Boots & Panties

8. Squeeze - East Side Story

7. The Who - Quadrophenia

6. Kula Shaker - K

5. The Small Faces = There are but four Small Faces

4.Everything But The Girl - Eden

3. Kings of Leon - Aha Shake Heatbreak

2. Arctic Monkeys - Whatever people say I am that's what I'm not

1. The Jam - All Mod Cons   (just wins it over Setting Sons)

I am a bit of a late '70's / early '80's man!!

 
Reading this thread just makes me realise how many great albums my collection lacks! I don't even want to attempt to pick 20 because I know I'll regret most of my choices after a day and I'll end up changing it on a daily basis

 
20. Avicii- True

19. Black Eyed Peas- Monkey Business

18. Kanye West- Late Registration

17.Tinie Tempah- Demonstration

16.Egypt Central- Egypt Central

15.All That Remains- The Fall Of Ideals

14.Calvin Harris- 18 Months

13.Breaking Benjamin- Phobia

12.Evanescene- Fallen

11.Shinedown- The Sound Of Madness

10.David Guetta- Nothing But The Beat

9.Kid Rock- Devil Without A Cause

8.Skillet- Awake

7.Fit For Rivals- Steady Damage

6.Falling Up- Captiva

5.Alter Bridge- Blackbird

4.Hollywood Undead- Notes From The Underground

3.Woodkid- The Golden Age

2.Evans Blue- Graveyard Of Empires

1.Thousand Foot Krutch- The End Is Where We Begin

 
1. Linkin park - hybrid theory

2. Limp bizkit -chocolate starfish

3.cristina perri -love strong

4. Foster the people -torches

5. Jamie t - panic prevention

6. Jamie t - kings and queens

7. Blink 182 - take of you pants and jacket

8. Slip knot - Iowa

9. Lily Allen - alright still

10. Fabriclive 37 - caspa & Rusko

11. NERD - in search of

12. Robbie Williams - swing when your winning

13. Robbie Williams - escapology

14. James blunt - back to bedlam

15. Oxide and neutrino - 2 steps ahead

16. Franz ferdinand- franz ferdinand

17. Eminem - Marshall mathers

18. Dr dre - 2001

19. Dizzee rascal - boy in da corner

20 - the klaxons - myths of the near future

 
A few rules with this one: first, you can only pick one album from any one artist/group & secondly, you can't pick a best of etc. & third, where stumped between a choice of two or possibly three really good or great albums from the same artist/band try to pick the album which you feel is the most "self-contained" statement/Would you like to read the rules, then have another try?
 
A few rules with this one: first, you can only pick one album from any one artist/group & secondly, you can't pick a best of etc. & third, where stumped between a choice of two or possibly three really good or great albums from the same artist/band try to pick the album which you feel is the most "self-contained" statement/Would you like to read the rules, then have another try?
Moi are you talking to me? the post you have written doesn't disclose the username its aimed at!
 
Not sure on a top 20 but Michael Jackson's Thriller is the single greatest album ever made in my opinion.

 
Pink Floyd Animals. And to think there was a chance CFC almost played in that iconic power station. I want CFC to remain in Da Bridge, but I would have gladly accepted Battersea Power Station

article-2042049-0CE45875000005DC-924_306x290.jpg
 
Well, on November 10th I for one shall be sitting, digit poised and a member of the IT literate set alongside, in front of the magic box of wires ready to download The Endless River. The fruit of my loins is dragging me into modernity, but I must admit the Sonos gifted to me is a jolly good piece of kit.

I dare say this particular album will be my personal number 1 well into next year, unless Floyd disappoint which I can't imagine they will.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top