Your favourite Beatles song

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terribly overrated.
icon_eek.gif


wtfvk3.jpg


 
What
317.gif
Their sh*t? Not even as much talent as Status Quo!

 
Yes, Status Quo are good for a singalong after a few drams (or pints if that's your tipple) but I've never bought any of theirs.

At the moment I'm listening to Bruce Springsteen.

 
At the moment I'm listening to Bruce Springsteen.
Went to see him last night at the MillStad in Cardiff. One of the best three gigs I've ever seen. Just phenomenal.

The other two were also Springsteen gigs - nearly 30 years ago.

I don't really like the Beatles much and have a loathing of their slower stuff like Strawberry Fields and Hey Jude. I much prefer their earler poppy stuff like Help, Can't Buy Me Love and I Feel Fine.

 
I am consumed with envy! To see Springsteen live must be a fantasic buzz. What did he sing?

Glory Days? Born to Run?

 
Here's the set list from his website:

http://www.brucespringsteen.net/live....html#20080614http://www.brucespringsteen.net/live....html#20080614

June 14, 2008

Cardiff, Wales

Cardiff Millennium Stadium

From Small Things (Big Things One Day Come) { lyrics } Tour Premiere

Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out { lyrics }

Radio Nowhere { lyrics }

No Surrender { lyrics }

Lonesome Day { lyrics }

The Promised Land { lyrics }

Blinded By The Light { lyrics }

Magic { lyrics }

Atlantic City { lyrics }

The River { lyrics }

Gypsy Biker { lyrics }

Darlington County { lyrics }

Because The Night { lyrics }

She's The One { lyrics }

Livin' In The Future { lyrics }

Mary's Place { lyrics }

Working On The Highway { lyrics }

Devil's Arcade { lyrics }

The Rising { lyrics }

Last To Die { lyrics }

Long Walk Home { lyrics }

Badlands { lyrics }

Jungleland { lyrics }

Thunder Road { lyrics }

Born To Run { lyrics }

Rosalita { lyrics }

American Land { lyrics }

It was a stunning 3-hour performance that just got better and finished with the best encore I've ever seen in nearly 35 years of going to gigs.

 
Here's the set list from his website:http://www.brucespringsteen.net/live....html#20080614http://www.brucespringsteen.net/live....html#20080614

June 14, 2008

Cardiff, Wales

Cardiff Millennium Stadium

From Small Things (Big Things One Day Come) { lyrics } Tour Premiere

Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out { lyrics }

Radio Nowhere { lyrics }

No Surrender { lyrics }

Lonesome Day { lyrics }

The Promised Land { lyrics }

Blinded By The Light { lyrics }

Magic { lyrics }

Atlantic City { lyrics }

The River { lyrics }

Gypsy Biker { lyrics }

Darlington County { lyrics }

Because The Night { lyrics }

She's The One { lyrics }

Livin' In The Future { lyrics }

Mary's Place { lyrics }

Working On The Highway { lyrics }

Devil's Arcade { lyrics }

The Rising { lyrics }

Last To Die { lyrics }

Long Walk Home { lyrics }

Badlands { lyrics }

Jungleland { lyrics }

Thunder Road { lyrics }

Born To Run { lyrics }

Rosalita { lyrics }

American Land { lyrics }

It was a stunning 3-hour performance that just got better and finished with the best encore I've ever seen in nearly 35 years of going to gigs.
Thanks for sharing that, Backbiter. I am now even MORE envious! I bet you felt every penny was well spent!

 
I'm still not sure if I should be envious of Val, who says she's heard the Beatles doing Waterloo Sunset ...

Dirty old river, must you keep rollingFlowing into the night

People so busy, makes me feel dizzy

Taxi light shines so bright
Poetry
happy0034.gif


 
the Beatles doing Waterloo Sunset - that's a bit kinky!

 
It's 1970 and The Beatles are persuaded to do one last gig to say goodbye to the world prior to breaking up.

The venue is The Albert Hall. They have Billy Preston on organ and a brass section.

This is the set list:

1. Revolution (John)

2. Back in the USSR (Paul)

3. Hey Bulldog (John)

4. Taxman (George)

5. Oh! Darling (Paul)

6. Yer Blues (John)

7. Come Together (John)

8. Let it Be (Paul)

Acoustic interlude

9. Dear Prudence (John)

10. Blackbird (Paul)

11. Across the Universe (John)

12. While My Guitar Gently Weeps (George)

13. Got to get you into my life (Paul)

14. I am the Walrus (John)

15. Rain (John)

16. Something (George)

17. Get Back (Paul)

18. Hey Jude (Paul)

19. A Day in the Life (John / Paul)

20. Twist and shout (John)

It was great. I was there.

 
I thought the Beatles never played another live gig after about 1965 or 66?

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top