Your First Ever Visit To The Cinema

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not much different to be honest, the language is a little harder to understand in Scotland though.
..and then there was a memorable just for the Scottish/English relations!

 
It would appear I got it slightly wrong. Having checked with my crumbly mother I saw ET in Tasmania and it was Return of the Jedi I saw in Los Angeles. Still makes ET my first real cinema outing though as we were in Tasmania before LA.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Cant remember the name of it, but my Dad took me to see this "Matt Helm" film. Dean Martin (cool as ever) playing a tongue in cheek, James Bond style secret agent.

Saw it at the CINERAMA in Leicester Square. probably about 1966 ish.

Anyone else remeber the Matt Helm films? I think there was three in the series.

 
The Empire Strikes Back in 1980 when I was 3.5 years old. My dad took me to the theatre in Madison, Wisconsin...not so much to be a great father as much as he just wanted to see it himself!

 
My mum took me to see Dr Dolittle - must have been about 5 at the time. It was at Morden and I can still remember loving it so much that I wanted to stay in the cinema and watch it all over again. Of course in those days you got a "double bill" - not that the other film was usually worth watching from what I can recall, but the whole cinema experience was mindblowing for a 5/6 year old.

 
Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, around 1966. I remember queuing around the block to get in, as We always seemed to back in those days.
My first trip to the cinema was Snow White also - my father brought me to a cinema in Belfast and I was so scared of the wicked queen that I cried and wanted to leave - which really embarassed my father as I was 24 at the time

 
Can't remember the year but I believe the first film I ever went to see was Thunderball, the James Bond movie at the old Odeon cinema which used to be at Southgate, North London. In later years I got in for free on many an occasion as we took it in turns to act as a paying customer who would then go to the fire exit near the loo's and open them - cue a rush of kids into the cinema. If ever you got asked for your ticket you just took a very chewed piece of paper out of your mouth and offered it to the usherette who needless to say would then take your word for it that this was your unrecognisable entry ticket.

 
Could that have been Soldier Blue?
Not Soldier Blue, though that IS one of my favourite films. I think this had mexicans and stuff. For a long time I thought it was The Commancheros, but now I don't. I might have to go google now :fighting0019:

 
Not Soldier Blue, though that IS one of my favourite films. I think this had mexicans and stuff. For a long time I thought it was The Commancheros, but now I don't. I might have to go google now :happy001:
The Comancheros is a brilliant film too, though not quite as realistic as Soldier Blue. I bet you liked Candice Bergen!

 
You win your bet! And I loved the theme song - got it on my jukebox most of the time!

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top