Zhirkov - Zenit bid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well most of the Eastern European nations dont learn English in their school. I'd be surprised if he hasn't learnt English yet, though Ivanovic is not great at it I think he has acclamitized better than Yuri. Maybe Yuri can learn a thing or two from his Serbian counterpart.
I am Polish and I learn English since 2000.

 
I am Polish and I learn English since 2000.
Was that via a parent or via school? Quite a few European countries (and leaders in the field of education such as Finland and Switzerland) don't put their children in mandatory school until they are six or seven, but I don't know anything about the Polish system, I must admit.

 
most eastern european countries have at least one foreign language as part of the compulsory schooling plan (this probably has a proper name in english, but i have no idea what it is). as far as i know there are some choices but for the vast majority this is english, at least since 1990.

in hungary (which is geographically not the best example as it is in central europe :)) at least one foreign language is a must for high-school graduation.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
most eastern european countries have at least one foreign language as part of the compulsory schooling plan (this probably has a proper name in english, but i have no idea what it is). as far as i know there are some choices but for the vast majority this is english, at least since 1990.

in hungary (which is geographically not the best example as it is in central europe :)) at least one foreign language is a must for high-school graduation.
Isn't in mainly German that Hungarian kids learn as a second language? My friend who has a resteraunte in Heviz has two young Daughters who are learning a bit of English but it seems predominantly German that the youngsters speak.

Seems everywhere you go out there as soon as they know you don't speak Hungarian, they talk to you in German.

 
I learned English in a kindergarten, and when I was seven I went to school, and there I learned English too(and I am still learning! ;)). I was going to a very good kindergarten so there was English language too! ;)

 
Last edited by a moderator:
For Finns it's compulsory to study Swedish and one other language. English, German, Russian and French are quite popular. I've studied Swedish(started in 7th grade), English(3rd grade) and Latin(in high school).

 
I lernt inglish wen i wos ded yung. im bril at it.

 
Isn't in mainly German that Hungarian kids learn as a second language? My friend who has a resteraunte in Heviz has two young Daughters who are learning a bit of English but it seems predominantly German that the youngsters speak.

Seems everywhere you go out there as soon as they know you don't speak Hungarian, they talk to you in German.
some decades back, yeah. not since the '90s. by now most of the kids learn english and even looking at the full population, more people speak english than german.

if someone tries german then 9 times out of then he will be above 40.

 
some decades back, yeah. not since the '90s. by now most of the kids learn english and even looking at the full population, more people speak english than german.

if someone tries german then 9 times out of then he will be above 40.
Thats strange, most of the kids that work around the Cafes and Markets etc seem to know enough English to say Hello and can I help you but when it comes to a conversation they resort to German.

I never started going out there till 2001 and had a House out there till 06 and found that to be the case even with the ones I've go to know.

Maybe its different around Budapest as I am always around the Lake or maybe Hungarian sounds like German to me :D

Are You In Hungary? if so where abouts, might give you a shout next August and maybe meet up if you can put up with my lot.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I assume by the Lake you mean Balaton. It's quite possible that around there German is still holding on to the title of the most speaken foreign language as the tourists are still mostly German.

Yes I am, I live in Budapest. Should you come on a matchday you're welcome to watch it with our local supporers club.

 
some decades back, yeah. not since the '90s. by now most of the kids learn english and even looking at the full population, more people speak english than german.
The same in Poland. When here was communism, Russian language was obligatory at schools but at Junior High Schools, children learned English and Latin.

Now Poles must learn English, German or Russian.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Umm exactly

English in russia is pretty much a core subject - like russian or maths....

Idk what russians that guy met, they must have been either over 60 or from deep deep in siberia

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, so about that Zhirkov fella.... ::clap2:: tik a boooooo son

He is up to this squad's standards and its goals like tonights that prove it. Forget what the press want us to believe, this is a guy with a bright future at this club

 
Yeah, so about that Zhirkov fella.... ::clap2:: tik a boooooo son

He is up to this squad's standards and its goals like tonights that prove it. Forget what the press want us to believe, this is a guy with a bright future at this club
I know he looks older but people need to remember he just turned 27 and is looking the perfect man to take over the LW position. Malouda is on fire now, but he is 30. I think will realistically have to expect selling some of our top level players to meet the clubs finiancial goals so we may lose some of our players before their legs are done in order to recoop a significant fee.

It would be a big mistake to let this fish get away and I hope the club is reassuring him of his value to us despite the lack of chances he is getting thus far in his favoured position!

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Cut through all the crap, and you'll find this actual quote from Zhirkov:

Ahead of Chelsea's visit to Spartak in the Champions League on Tuesday, Zhirkov stressed that wants to prove himself at Stamford Bridge."It is just rumours and speculation," he said. "I don't want to leave Chelsea and, if the manager doesn't want to sell me, I will stay.
LINK

 
Its just brilliant having quality versatile players like Zhirkov, Anelka and Ivanovic. Those three together can cover every position on the pitch!

 
Its just brilliant having quality versatile players like Zhirkov, Anelka and Ivanovic. Those three together can cover every position on the pitch!
And Essien, who could play pretty much anywhere other than keeper.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top