2011 Superbowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh right Phillip, thanks for that.

Packers for me in this one!

 
First superbowl where neither team has Cheerleaders. Meh!

 
First superbowl for me in HD, and no Cheerleaders? what the, might as well just not watch it..

 
Very incorrect, Andreas.

The Green Bay Packers were the golden team of the 60s, kind of like Liverpool in the 70s and 80s. They had a great coach, Vince Lombardi, and won a bunch of championships, including a few before the Super Bowl was initiated in the mid-60s. Since then, the Packers won one more championship, about 8 years ago or thereabouts. They have been a slightly-above average team for most of the last 7 years, and the fact that they just made the playoffs this year is a good testament to that.

The Pittburgh Steelers were the darlings of the 70s, and have won 6 championships in total, with two in the last 5 years. They have a big fan base, but not the biggest (that would be the Dallas Cowboys, and possibly the San Francisco 49ers and the New York Giants), and have very devoted fans. They have an aura of a hard-nose style team, blood-and-guts and alll that.
Actually phillip, the packers have won 3 super bowls. They won the first two and one more 8 years ago. And the packers have the biggest fan base in the country.

 
Actually phillip, the packers have won 3 super bowls. They won the first two and one more 8 years ago. And the packers have the biggest fan base in the country.
I'm not sure you can actually say who has the largest fan base, but the biggest team in America has to be the Cowboys hands down and I'm a huge Redskins fan. If your going by economics The Cowboys are worth the most in the NFL, followed by the Redskins, then the Patriots. If you're going by % attendance its 1. Cowboys 2. Colts 3. Eagles 4. Bears 5. Seahawks.

Regardless the Steelers and Packers are two of the most historic and successful franchises and this should be a great superbowl.

 
The Steelers really bug me. I hate Roethlisberger, James Harrison and their fans. Although all fans who have had recent success + history are like that.

Packers are alirght I guess so I'm rooting for the Packers.

The whole event has become so ridiculous with the hoopla over the commercials.

And I wouldn't even mind if they were cool commercials but the majority of them are dumb. Talking babies, or a dog biting a guys crotch.

They should've gotten either Katy Perry (Now that's one nipple I'd want to see unlike....) or Lady Gaga, who I don't like but at least she'd wear some insane costume to keep us entertained; instead of the Black Eyed Peas.

Then afterwards they're airing Glee. Which is like.... There is no comparable thing.

Oh and FOX has decided unleash Ryan Seacrest on us the whole day for the pregame.

 
They had a great coach, Vince Lombardi,
Isn't the Super Bowl trophy named after him? If so, how do opposing supporters feel about that? Imagine the premier league trophy named after Graeme Souness! Or the CL trophy after Michel Platini :shok:

 
Good for you, dkw. Meanest collection of badasses in NFL history, just ahead of the Oakland Raiders. I'll say Pittsburgh 27, Green Bay 20

Here's a tribute to the best Steeler ever. Check out at Jack Lambert and don't miss the 1:40 mark where he defends his kicker after a missed field goal:


 
Ive always enjoyed the defensive side of sport, maybe because Ive always been a defender. It annoys me when its ignored for the flashy attacking parts of a game and is talked about as a lesser part of sport. After watching that vid then I am definitely shouting for the Steelers tonight.

 
I'm gutted. I've already paid to go on a University bar crawl around Nottingham, so I'll be missing most, if not all of this. I'll do my best to keep an eye on the tv's in the bars after midnight, but it's going to be tricky!

 
I'm gutted. I've already paid to go on a University bar crawl around Nottingham, so I'll be missing most, if not all of this. I'll do my best to keep an eye on the tv's in the bars after midnight, but it's going to be tricky!
It will be because the game kicks off late tonight, and by then you wont be able to see or speak.

 
It will be because the game kicks off late tonight, and by then you wont be able to see or speak.
Is it wrong of me to actually want that level of drunk to happen?

Well, maybe not the seeing part.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Is it wrong of me to actually want that level of drunk to happen?

Well, maybe not the seeing part.
Your a young student right? I would be disgusted if you didnt want that level of drunkeness.

 
Isn't the Super Bowl trophy named after him? If so, how do opposing supporters feel about that? Imagine the premier league trophy named after Graeme Souness! Or the CL trophy after Michel Platini :shok:
Yes, Val, it is named the Vince Lombardi trophy. Everyone is OK with that, given that he was a true legend, and that he died a while back.

 
Anyone know how long until the match starts? Isnt there going to be performances, national anthem and such for a good 30 mins before it all kicks off?

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top