Actually phillip, the packers have won 3 super bowls. They won the first two and one more 8 years ago. And the packers have the biggest fan base in the country.Very incorrect, Andreas.
The Green Bay Packers were the golden team of the 60s, kind of like Liverpool in the 70s and 80s. They had a great coach, Vince Lombardi, and won a bunch of championships, including a few before the Super Bowl was initiated in the mid-60s. Since then, the Packers won one more championship, about 8 years ago or thereabouts. They have been a slightly-above average team for most of the last 7 years, and the fact that they just made the playoffs this year is a good testament to that.
The Pittburgh Steelers were the darlings of the 70s, and have won 6 championships in total, with two in the last 5 years. They have a big fan base, but not the biggest (that would be the Dallas Cowboys, and possibly the San Francisco 49ers and the New York Giants), and have very devoted fans. They have an aura of a hard-nose style team, blood-and-guts and alll that.
I'm not sure you can actually say who has the largest fan base, but the biggest team in America has to be the Cowboys hands down and I'm a huge Redskins fan. If your going by economics The Cowboys are worth the most in the NFL, followed by the Redskins, then the Patriots. If you're going by % attendance its 1. Cowboys 2. Colts 3. Eagles 4. Bears 5. Seahawks.Actually phillip, the packers have won 3 super bowls. They won the first two and one more 8 years ago. And the packers have the biggest fan base in the country.
Isn't the Super Bowl trophy named after him? If so, how do opposing supporters feel about that? Imagine the premier league trophy named after Graeme Souness! Or the CL trophy after Michel PlatiniThey had a great coach, Vince Lombardi,
Thats clinched it for me then, Steelers it is.They have an aura of a hard-nose style team, blood-and-guts and alll that.
It will be because the game kicks off late tonight, and by then you wont be able to see or speak.I'm gutted. I've already paid to go on a University bar crawl around Nottingham, so I'll be missing most, if not all of this. I'll do my best to keep an eye on the tv's in the bars after midnight, but it's going to be tricky!
Is it wrong of me to actually want that level of drunk to happen?It will be because the game kicks off late tonight, and by then you wont be able to see or speak.
Your a young student right? I would be disgusted if you didnt want that level of drunkeness.Is it wrong of me to actually want that level of drunk to happen?
Well, maybe not the seeing part.
Wonderful. I'll report back tomorrow evening!Your a young student right? I would be disgusted if you didnt want that level of drunkeness.
If you are in a fit enough state to do that then you havent done it rightWonderful. I'll report back tomorrow evening!
Yes, Val, it is named the Vince Lombardi trophy. Everyone is OK with that, given that he was a true legend, and that he died a while back.Isn't the Super Bowl trophy named after him? If so, how do opposing supporters feel about that? Imagine the premier league trophy named after Graeme Souness! Or the CL trophy after Michel Platini![]()