2012 FIFA Club World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Japanese champ is the 8th team in the tourney, although that won't be decided until December 1st. That team might not be bad, but you would expect the major challenge to come from either Monterrey or, most likely, the South American team. You have to go back to 2006 for a European team to not win it. *knocks on wood*.

For reference:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_FIFA_Club_World_Cup

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Seeing as quite a few of you lads from down under have already booked travel, do you have any idea how you'll go about getting tickets? I've never paid a lot of attention to this tournanment before and have no idea what the local interest is like, ie is it always a sell out? Not booked anything yet but I am hoping to get over there myself for this.

 
We actually got an email from Chelsea FC Asia, offering to arrange us tickets. Not sure what will come out of that yet.

I had a mate go over to Japan in 2008 when Adelaide United qualified for the competetion. He reckoned that tickets were pretty easy to get hold of, and that was the year Man Utd were in it. So I don't imagine tickets will be too much of an issue.

 
Our biggest threat will almost certainly be Corinthians. They've won the Copa Libertadores handily at home.

This was just the matchup I've been hoping for - that Brazilian girl who ribbed me about Corinthians being better will hopefully get to see the power of Chelsea in action!

 
The South American team is usually the biggest threat to the European teams. This Romarinho, who they apparently just signed, I've heard of as a future star, but I'm not seeing a lot of other familiar names. Hopefully they won't be as hard as playing a team like Santos with Neymar and Ganso. *knock on every piece of wood around me*.

 
The South American team is usually the biggest threat to the European teams. This Romarinho, who they apparently just signed, I've heard of as a future star, but I'm not seeing a lot of other familiar names. Hopefully they won't be as hard as playing a team like Santos with Neymar and Ganso. *knock on every piece of wood around me*.
The most immediately recognisable names for me are ex-Sporting player Liedson and ex-Spartak player Alex. Good players, but never great. Liedson is past his prime anyway.

 
We play 13&16 dec yokohama international(nissan)stadium.semi final ko 19.30&i hope final on 16dec 19.30.if not 3rd place game same day same place 16.30.tickets should be on sale september.but always available in local shops includind match day.capacity over 72000.largest crowd i know 69000 brazil germany wcf.

 
We play 13&16 dec yokohama international(nissan)stadium.semi final ko 19.30&i hope final on 16dec 19.30.if not 3rd place game same day same place 16.30.tickets should be on sale september.but always available in local shops includind match day.capacity over 72000.largest crowd i know 69000 brazil germany wcf.

 
You sound as if you have some local knowledge Gmccfc.

There is a horse racing meeting at Nakayama race course on Saturday 15th. Am I correct in thinking this track is in Tokyo? Will that be any good? Would it be easy to travel to and from there from Yokohama?

Cheers.

 
It’s quite useful that both our games are in Yokohama and that our semi-final is the second one (14th) as that means less travel costs and less time needed over there. But the Toyota stadium is a much better stadium than Yokohama in my opinion as it’s a bit smaller and closer to the pitch.

I’m still planning on going over but it’s proving a bit of a nightmare as my family wants to tag along to experience Japan and thus they want to travel around and are not too fussed about the football except for my dad except he hates flying and almost certainly won’t go. And then there is the girlfriend who wants to go but she has the problem of going back to Japan for a few yet probably not seeing her family as they live a long way from Tokyo. I just hope all this doesn’t somehow put the kibosh on my once in a lifetime trip to see the might Blues out there.

I wonder how many Blues will travel for that. I’m hoping that the club will sell tickets that put our fans in a block and that those tickets become available to mere club members. With the Charity Shield and Super Cup tickets being sold out before many season ticket holders have even got a sniff I am not optimistic of getting tickets through Chelsea. Hopefully as Gmccfc said, there will be tickets available over there even if not in with the Chelsea fans.

More than anything I hope we don’t underestimate out semi-final opponents and end up playing for 3rd place. I know this isn’t the be all and end all in club football but it should not be let pass as playing in this tournament isn’t something any club gets to do too often. And we’d join United as the only ever English winners as Forest, Villa and Liverpool all lost when they played in the various guises of this competition.

Btw Magoo, I reckon you could get to the races on the 15th and to the football on the 16th no problem. Best to stay in Tokyo as Yokohama is right next door to the south and Nakayama race course is just north east of Tokyo.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Racecourse to football stadium by road 58 km will take between 60/100 mins daytime.plenty of buses.overnight 5.5 hrs!!!

 
Nakayama racecourse is in funabashi very top of tokyo bay.yokohama is halfway down bay.maybe 58 km course to ground.

 
Last years ticket prices semi £56/74/114/146. Final with 3rd place game£74/130/188/246.

 
You are welcome magoo.agents include lawson ticket/family mart/7eleven pia/circle sunkus/pia shops/ticket pia/e+(e plus)/ticket jfa.

 
For Anyone going to japan ive posted last years ticket prices& agents on previous page in general section(page1/we are on page2)under 2012 fifa club world cup.tickets get sold in batches usualy from september.but you can still find tickets in local shops on the day.

 
My wife grew up there and we have enough miles for for us to fly from the States but it is highly doubtful we will go. We just spent 4 weeks there last winter and don't plan on going back until next summer at thee earliest. We were there last December when they were playing and I must say its quite the draw. Should be a fun time! The Japanese know how to throw on a party and they sure drink copious amounts of beer. We go often and Japan is truly a fantastic place. If you are looking to do touristy things (highly recommend it) and need some insight, just ask!

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top