Andre Onana

Remember when we balked at £60m for Allison then panic bought Kepa for £70m.

Let’s not make the same mistake and commit to our first choice.  
We were never in the race for Allison were we?

 
We were never in the race for Allison were we?
I'm afraid so.  I remember mainly because every time Kepa messed up I thought of what we could of had, and he messed up a lot.




 
  • Like
Reactions: dkw
Maignan is a much stronger presence in the box, in the air and in his defensive anticipation. 

I could be wrong of course, but already in France Maignan was the best keeper for years
yeah that's exactly what i would say as well just by watching him play a lot (not when he was at Lille, but i watch Serie A religiously) 

but you have to consider Inter are playing with a back 3, so maybe you could argue Onana doesn't have to go out to claim crosses as much as you have to do when playing with 2 central defenders and Maignan is really inferior in playing out from the back. Maignan is more like Mendy when he was in his prime. I'm a big fan of them both but i think Onana is going to be more realistic and i think it will be important to have his ability to play out from the back. He can link up with Enzo very well, he would just break the lines all the time playing in Enzo

Screenshot 2023-06-13 at 12.48.47.pngScreenshot 2023-06-13 at 12.49.08.png

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I think Inter will need to drop their price tag or accept a player exchange. 

Supposedly we are done with paying huge fees for players, and at 60mill Onana is overpriced I believe.

 
And yet are selling the jewel in their midfield to Newcastle for a more than reasonable fee. 

Unbelievable how cracked these Italian sides are 

 
And yet are selling the jewel in their midfield to Newcastle for a more than reasonable fee. 

Unbelievable how cracked these Italian sides are 
Yeah since the Lukaku deal Inter just see us as mugs who will do whatever they want.

 
In the transfer gossip news today: Pochettino is understood to be happy with Kepa and the club are not currently pursuing moves for any goalkeepers.

Maybe this is the case? 

 
It might be that he realises a new GK ranks well below the need for midfielders and a striker. If so, more power to him.

 
It might be that he realises a new GK ranks well below the need for midfielders and a striker. If so, more power to him.
If he feels that the case I can begrudgingly accept one more year of Kepa.

If he feels he's a long term #1 option then I have no words.

 
It might be that he realises a new GK ranks well below the need for midfielders and a striker. If so, more power to him.
kind of, although with Flappy McJellyWrists in goal next season any shot from 20 -30 yards has got a shout. If strikers are a higher priority we need some taht are used to scoring hattricks  :laugh2:

 
Just trade Lukaku and a pack of crisps for Onana+Barella. Immediate problems sorted and we can begin working on a deal for CF which will take 2months and an emergency backup last minute overpriced LB purchase

 
I’d take DDG from Utd to be honest. Even with his odd mistake he is one of the world’s top shot stoppers. His wages would probably be an issue though 

 
Back
Top