Another Winger! - Noni Madueke

In which alternate universe would CHO have been a £30m player? A shadow of himself post-injury with us, a disastrous loan at Leverkusen where he rarely made it off the bench.
In the same world that Nketiah was sold for 30M.

 
They both have their issue with not making the right choice but Gittens is already better than Noni at everything else from what I've seen.
Better because he gets to play against Bundesliga defences. Same league that made Havertz and Sancho look world class.

 
That's generous ( giving him another year) I think he's not gonna make the grade I'm happy if he moves on and we try the next candidate.

Blue co's money who cares...

Pedro and or Gittens come on down.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Better because he gets to play against Bundesliga defences. Same league that made Havertz and Sancho look world class.
I was referring more to CL to be honest, I don't watch Bundesliga.

Looked very good v Real Madrid in particular although had a stinker v Barcelona but I guess that's preferable to having a stinker v Ipswich.

 
Expensive, but I watched a video on YouTube while half asleep last night that explained why he's the PERFECT winger for Maresca's system, so I'm sold.

(TLDR: He stays wide, likes to take on 1-on-1s, and has a high-boredom threshold)

 
Elanga going for 55-60m, Gittens being bought for 52.5m. We should be getting minimum 60m for Madueke.
When I had a business in Thailand 20 years ago, the sage advice was that whatever you thought it was going to cost you to set up, multiply it by four, and whatever you thought you'd make, divide it by four.

Sounds remarkably like our transfer policy LOL

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Noni can be frustrating at times but I’m not sure we should even be selling him, and certainly not to Arsenal.

Arsenal wouldn’t sell or even loan a player to us unless he was completely useless to them.

Ideally I’d like to keep him and see how he responds to competition for places in our team.

I’m dead against selling players to Arsenal to help solve their problems.

 
Not really the case. Players that came from Arsenal have always been very good to us.

Ashley Cole, Giroud, Fabregas
Genuinely one of the most one-sided transfer relationships in the League's history, up there with Liverpool and Southampton. Aubameyang is our one failure, meanwhile Eddie Nketiah and Lassana Diarra are the closest they came to 'success'

 
Fabregas came from Barcelona, not Arsenal. Also, they were hardly happy about selling us Ashley Cole.

 
They both have their issue with not making the right choice but Gittens is already better than Noni at everything else from what I've seen.
21yrs in 1mth; barely hit 11 contributions ( 8G + 3A) in his best season in Bundesliga, no way am I buying it that he is better than Noni. What scares me about his output is his xG is 3.6, we just hope and pray he didn’t have a “freakish” average season. If is really a 4G + 4A Bundesliga winger then we have been sold a lemon.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Not really the case. Players that came from Arsenal have always been very good to us.

Ashley Cole, Giroud, Fabregas
Ashley Cole was a swap deal involving Gallas, they literally wanted Gallas in return and reported us to the Premier League for tapping up, they sold Giroud because they bought Aubameyang who was striker approaching his peak and Fabragas came from Barcelona.

My point isn’t whether it’s worked out for us or not, my point is if we was to put in a bid for Saka etc… they would laugh at us.

I just don’t think we should sell players to them unless they’re past their prime, not players who haven’t reached their prime yet.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Fabregas came from Barcelona, not Arsenal. Also, they were hardly happy about selling us Ashley Cole.
We got the older and more injury prone version of Fabregas. They weren't happy with the way it went but they were happy enough getting Gallas in the deal and 5M

 
Ashley Cole was a swap deal involving Gallas, they literally wanted Gallas in return and reported us to the Premier League for tapping up, they sold Giroud because they bought Aubameyang who was striker approaching his peak and Fabragas came from Barcelona.

My point isn’t whether it’s worked out for us or not, my point is if we was to put in a bid for Saka etc… they would laugh at us.

I just don’t think we should sell players to them unless they’re past their prime, not players who haven’t reached their prime yet.
Why would they laugh? We sold plenty of players to rivals over the years and bought some from them, some of them in their prime.

Hughes, Veron, Mata, Matic, Cech, David Luiz, Jorginho etc.

The ones that laugh at transfers are fans. Nobody in the boardroom level really care about it. The really stingy one in all my years of watching football was the Modric saga but that's because it was the Spuds(who are a bunch of weirdos anyway)

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Why would they laugh? We sold plenty of players to rivals over the years and bought some from them, some of them in their prime.

Hughes, Veron, Mata, Matic, Cech, David Luiz, Jorginho etc.

The ones that laugh at transfers are fans. Nobody in the boardroom level really care about it. The really stingy one in all my years of watching football was the Modric saga but that's because it was the Spuds(who are a bunch of weirdos anyway)
You honestly think we could make an enquiry about Saka, Saliba, Odeguaard and Arsenal would entertain it?

You’ve clearly got more faith than me but I think they’d slam the phone down or quote a price even Todd and the board wouldn’t be prepared to pay.

And Fergie said never he shouldn’t have sold Mark Hughes to Chelsea and Veron was so bad at Man Utd they were glad to get rid of him.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top