Another Winger! - Noni Madueke

I don’t even think either is good enough. The problem is the club and sporting directors not targeting clear upgrades in the market. Neither Gittens, Granacho nor Fofana will upgrade our options. A quality winger that will put up 15 G+A contributions in the PL will demand over the £150k/w threshold.
100% agree

 
Looking more and more likely he's going to leave with Arsenal and Newcastle interested.

 
I won't lose any sleep if Madueke leaves. He has some good games, but he's mostly a very frustrating player and isn't very good in possession. Neto offers much more than him and now Gittens has come in to provide additional pace/1v1.

 
Looking more and more likely he's going to leave with Arsenal and Newcastle interested.
I think would do well at Newcastle to be honest but never gonna be good enough for us.

 
This would be tapping up and highly illegal, Romano confirmed he's on their list but no contacts made. I wouldn't listen to 'Gooner Chris'.

 
Arsenal fans must be breathing a huge sigh of relief to learn that Arteta is after Noni and isn't at all interested in Jackson.

 
If I were an Arsenal fan, I'd be pissed by signing Madueke. We all knew Havertz wasn't what they needed up top, same goes for Madueke. Nowhere near Saka's quality, in which case massively overpaying for a back up. They should be looking at getting a CF/LW to improve on Martinelli and Havertz.

 
If I were an Arsenal fan, I'd be pissed by signing Madueke. We all knew Havertz wasn't what they needed up top, same goes for Madueke. Nowhere near Saka's quality, in which case massively overpaying for a back up. They should be looking at getting a CF/LW to improve on Martinelli and Havertz.
I assume its competition on the left for Martinelli and cover for Saka when he needs a rest.

 
I assume its competition on the left for Martinelli and cover for Saka when he needs a rest.
Players like Saka and Salah don’t get benched or need a rest. If he goes there he will be picking up 5-10mins every game, and the odd Cup game. There is also the England/World Cup angle where he will be playing backup to his competition for an England place. If Arsenal & Newcastle are his options, he will opt for Newcastle. He has better chances of getting game time out there

 
Players like Saka and Salah don’t get benched or need a rest. If he goes there he will be picking up 5-10mins every game, and the odd Cup game. There is also the England/World Cup angle where he will be playing backup to his competition for an England place. If Arsenal & Newcastle are his options, he will opt for Newcastle. He has better chances of getting game time out there
I think Newcastle is a better choice for him too.

Try telling that to Enzo about rest, didn't he rest Palmer in every cup game? lmao

 
I dont want us to sell Noni. He is one of the few who can and does take on a man and runs at him.... a good trait to have.
But more often than not he messus up either the dribble or decision making after.

Far too inconsistent.

Double our investment in him and he can leave surely?

 
I like Noni, and until a few weeks ago I would have said he's our best winger, but Neto's overtaken him in my view recently. He doesn't always make the right decisions, but he brings some chaos/unpredictability to the team, and that's good to have.

I won't be devastated if we do sell him, but would prefer us to keep hold of him rather than selling to a rival.

 
I dont want us to sell Noni. He is one of the few who can and does take on a man and runs at him.... a good trait to have.
What does he do after that

.......... Nothing, just looses the ball or pass to opposition

 
I like Noni, and until a few weeks ago I would have said he's our best winger, but Neto's overtaken him in my view recently. He doesn't always make the right decisions, but he brings some chaos/unpredictability to the team, and that's good to have.

I won't be devastated if we do sell him, but would prefer us to keep hold of him rather than selling to a rival.
Wouldn’t read too much into his performances in something that is essentially a preseason. He ended the season with 4 goals & 6 assists, which is just isn’t good enough. Can’t see the improvements fans keep referring to towards the end of the season; he had 1 goal & 2 assists in our last 10 PL games.

He has admitted he struggles with the low block which is essentially 80% of our PL opponents, and if you watch him when he faces it he just knocks it past them and runs behind. Granted he looks good in the Club World Cup but there is acres of space behind.

 
Back
Top