Another Winger! - Noni Madueke

I actually enjoy him more on the left to be honest. Much more enthusiastic in taking players on. Half the time he makes the wrong decision in the box but I’ve accepted that about him. Still a good player to have in the squad.
I like having at least one winger on the side of their stronger foot. Brings back good memories of Duff and robben.

 
Maresca could do worse than playing him at CF for the last few games. He has a lot of advantages over Jackson in and around the box. Better movement. Better in the air. Better anticipation.
So does a tree....

Though I have championed for Noni up front before and would like to see it tried.

 
I'm really enjoying him on the left. Another great first-half performance. Neto clearly prefers being on the right too so I think it's best for the team overall.

 
Need to convert him into a wing back like Moses. Not good enough to lead the attack from the wing.

 
Very bad. Almost as bad as Neto. At least he pressed with intensity towards the end.

 
Away from home, both he and Neto are just so clumsy and have zero intelligence. Running aimlessly into players or out wide without ever having the cleverness you'd want in a tricky winger.

How do you go from spending weeks trying to get a profile like Olise, only to settle on Neto? What sense does that make?

 
Away from home, both he and Neto are just so clumsy and have zero intelligence. Running aimlessly into players or out wide without ever having the cleverness you'd want in a tricky winger.

How do you go from spending weeks trying to get a profile like Olise, only to settle on Neto? What sense does that make?
Neto always has his head down, Madueke can't control the football. When they get the opportunity to do something with the ball, they mess it up.

It could have been Kvaratskhelia / Barcola on the left and Olise on the right. Get a striker with Palmer attacking midfield and that could have be an insane attack.

 
Neto always has his head down, Madueke can't control the football. When they get the opportunity to do something with the ball, they mess it up.

It could have been Kvaratskhelia / Barcola on the left and Olise on the right. Get a striker with Palmer attacking midfield and that could have be an insane attack.
200.gif


 
People say I’m too harsh on Noni and then he goes and puts in a performance like that.

Been here a while now with plenty game time and the only improvement is his defensive work rate. Like I’ve said from the start, what you see now is what you are always going to get from Noni. He simply doesn’t have “it” to improve past this. It’s obvious by watching him.

 
He’s not good enough and it’s pretty evident he’ll never be good enough, recoup what we can in the summer and move on from this failed experiment.

 
Apparently Maresca brought in a psychologist consultant this week to try and get our forwards and wingers to overcome the "shoot/goal" fear factor and address the underlying mental anxiety which confronts them everytime with the goal at their mercy.

He started by giving each player a piece of paper and asking them to draw or write what they saw in their heads when they were one on one with the opposition keeper.

Sancho wrote "SSAP". Which the psychologist analysed and said was "PASS" backwards.

Jackson took 10 minutes to take the top off his pen and then drew a frying pan flying miles over a cow's arse.

N'kunku never turned up for the session.

Noni went out on the pitch and stuck a couple in top bins.
Only saw this today @just

Great post. If only the last bit was a bit more accurate. I know you are a fan of Noni, and to be fair, I have been too. But despite the occasional decent game and the odd goal, he has been as frustrating as the other two wide players and last night Sancho did more when he came on than Noni and Neto did whole game. How he has got in the England squad ahead of Bowen is scandalous. Has to up his game or he will be another one added to the "nearly men" list.

 
Away from home, both he and Neto are just so clumsy and have zero intelligence. Running aimlessly into players or out wide without ever having the cleverness you'd want in a tricky winger.

How do you go from spending weeks trying to get a profile like Olise, only to settle on Neto? What sense does that make?
I now have a mental image of Madueke and Neto carefully removing their brains and storing them in the bread bin before setting off for an away match.

 
I now have a mental image of Madueke and Neto carefully removing their brains and storing them in the bread bin before setting off for an away match.
If they can find them.

 
Away from home, both he and Neto are just so clumsy and have zero intelligence. Running aimlessly into players or out wide without ever having the cleverness you'd want in a tricky winger.

How do you go from spending weeks trying to get a profile like Olise, only to settle on Neto? What sense does that make?
Club was never after Neto, he was bundled together with Felix by Mendes and made to look like a steal. Like putting lipstick on a..

 
Only saw this today @just

Great post. If only the last bit was a bit more accurate. I know you are a fan of Noni, and to be fair, I have been too. But despite the occasional decent game and the odd goal, he has been as frustrating as the other two wide players and last night Sancho did more when he came on than Noni and Neto did whole game. How he has got in the England squad ahead of Bowen is scandalous. Has to up his game or he will be another one added to the "nearly men" list.
Honestly if Sancho would shoot more often he would be far better than those two. When he lets go he gets some quality strikes off.

 
If they can find them.
You know me @Scott , I'm a ray of sunshine, so I remain optimistic! Despite every evidence to the contrary, I have full trust in Neto, and Madueke has history with my Dutch club PSV, so he can't be too bad. Right?

 
Only saw this today @just

Great post. If only the last bit was a bit more accurate. I know you are a fan of Noni, and to be fair, I have been too. But despite the occasional decent game and the odd goal, he has been as frustrating as the other two wide players and last night Sancho did more when he came on than Noni and Neto did whole game. How he has got in the England squad ahead of Bowen is scandalous. Has to up his game or he will be another one added to the "nearly men" list.
Nibs his problem I feel is his attitude rather than his ability. Too laid back. Too chillaxed. Tries to be like Cole Palmer when he should really model himself on Luis Diaz. Never switches off for a moment. 100% effort. 100% work rate every single time he is on the pitch. If he doesn't change, Noni will go the way of CHO. But right now Noni is not the major problem. And neither are his underwhelmingly inconsistent wing compadres, Sancho and Neto. Jackson as our starting centre-forward is THE major problem and one that has to, finally, crucially, be rectified this summer.

 
Nibs his problem I feel is his attitude rather than his ability. Too laid back. Too chillaxed. Tries to be like Cole Palmer when he should really model himself on Luis Diaz. Never switches off for a moment. 100% effort. 100% work rate every single time he is on the pitch. If he doesn't change, Noni will go the way of CHO. But right now Noni is not the major problem. And neither are his underwhelmingly inconsistent wing compadres, Sancho and Neto. Jackson as our starting centre-forward is THE major problem and one that has to, finally, crucially, be rectified this summer.
I'm not sure why a relaxed attitude would result in him having an almost career ending injury that derails his career and stops him from becoming the best British winger since Gareth Bale?

 
Honestly if Sancho would shoot more often he would be far better than those two. When he lets go he gets some quality strikes off.
We’ve seen Madueke score from shots before, very nice ones at that too, so I’m confused why you seem to think he has no idea what to do when shooting the ball.

 
Back
Top