Armando Broja

Depends whether there is a buy back clause or first option on any future sale. 

Like it or not we're stacked for options in attack at the moment and there is no clear path into the first team for Broja right now. 

So profit of £25m now in a year where we made financial loses despite winning the European Cup. Pair that with the profit in sales made during the summer despite buying Lukaku for just shy of £100m and it's good business from a FFP stand point. 

Means we go into next summer in the black and would presumably be in a strong position financially to spend. Especially when there's a very real posibility of needing to recruit possibly two central defenders should Rudiger and Christensen leave on free transfers and us needing better cover for RB/RWB. 
We have a lot of forwards but whether any of them will even score 10 league goals this season is yet to be seen.

I understand what you're saying, but I think selling someone who has a better scoring ratio than our current forwards ATM without even bringing him back in the summer to see how he fits in seems like madness to me.

IMO we should say no regardless for the moment and say he's our player and no decision on his future will be taken until the summer when he's back at Cobham.

 
We have a lot of forwards but whether any of them will even score 10 league goals this season is yet to be seen.

I understand what you're saying, but I think selling someone who has a better scoring ratio than our current forwards ATM without even bringing him back in the summer to see how he fits in seems like madness to me.

IMO we should say no regardless for the moment and say he's our player and no decision on his future will be taken until the summer when he's back at Cobham.
I just don't see him being given any minutes all the time that Lukaku, Havertz and Werner are here. 

Rightly or wrongly, given that we've invested over £200m on those three players means that Tuchel is going to be asked to make it work. 

Abraham had a better strike rate than the current forwards and he was still moved on and is scoring freely for Roma too. The amount of goals scored away from Chelsea doesn't really seem to matter to the club. 

 
If we sell Broja to keep Werner, Havertz and Pulisic around then that's just another example of everything that is wrong at this club.

If anything we should be trying to shift the beforementioned trio and bring Broja back. Unfortunately Werner and Havertz especially are on monster wages and we are yet again stuck with expensive flops that we can't even sell because no one will match their wages any other place.

 
Abraham had a better strike rate than the current forwards and he was still moved on and is scoring freely for Roma too. The amount of goals scored away from Chelsea doesn't really seem to matter to the club. 
Yep, this is true.

My hope is that Southampton have leaked a possible bid to media to test the waters and we give them no signs of encouragement whatsoever, meaning Southampton don't even bid this month.

 
If we sell to Southampton he’ll be going to Liverpool in a year or two.

 
If we sell Broja to keep Werner, Havertz and Pulisic around then that's just another example of everything that is wrong at this club.

If anything we should be trying to shift the beforementioned trio and bring Broja back. Unfortunately Werner and Havertz especially are on monster wages and we are yet again stuck with expensive flops that we can't even sell because no one will match their wages any other place.
The problem is, we did the same thing with KDB and Salah and now look at them. I don't think we should be selling Havertz any time soon as he has a decent ceiling. Werner can also come good. My issue with Pulisic is he is too injury prone and that's a big problem. 

 
I don't watch Southampton much, but from the little that I've seen, Broja looks the forward that we need. He presses up front, is quite mobile within the box and can score from outside the box too (I can't remember against who he recovered the ball pressing the opposition high up, drove the ball to the front of the box and shot scoring a great goal). None of our forwards does that. He may be more inexperienced than Lukaku, but I think that he fits better in Tuchel's style of play and should be in our squad next season starting over Lukaku (unless Lukaku suddenly finds his form and starts scoring week in week out, which looks very unlikely). I think that he could develop a good partnership with Mount and Havertz (and even with Werner). At the very least, we should try him before we sell.

 
If we sell Broja to keep Werner, Havertz and Pulisic around then that's just another example of everything that is wrong at this club.

If anything we should be trying to shift the beforementioned trio and bring Broja back. Unfortunately Werner and Havertz especially are on monster wages and we are yet again stuck with expensive flops that we can't even sell because no one will match their wages any other place.
Havertz is a smart player capable of solving any game but sadly because of his versatility he was used in far too many positions when he came here which didn't help him to adapt and he had the virus in both seasons now. Not sure how can this 22 year old be a flop when he scored the winning goal of the CL, something that I thought he had in him but that I really didn't expect to come so soon. I admit that I didn't really pay much attention to Broja so I'm not sure how he plays but I doubt that he's a better player than Kai Havertz overall.

Broja didn't really do much yet part from scoring a few goals for the Saints and that's not a good enough argument for selling someone like Havertz. One can argue that all of our strikers have had a difficult time this season, I don't see how it would have been different for a 20 year old Broja.

 
I would not compare Broja to Havertz more to Werner except he scores, Werner rarely.

Havertz is more of a false 9 and Broja a 9.

I thought Havertz was brought here as an attacking midfielder though the pace of the game in midfield was too quick for him. Hence the false 9, when I heard he was coming I happened to watch him in Germany and he was playing there as a false 9 and looked pretty ordinary. I suddenly thought we might have dropped a clanger and thought I needed to see him in different games and he might be better in midfield.

I think out of Werner and Lukaku he is the best on the ball and has the best touch.

 
Not only are Southampton, West ham and a few unnamed clubs supposedly have strong interest in signing Broja this window, but there is also interest in Gallagher too.

Far as Broja goes a firm point for us is the ability to get him back. Players like KdB, Salah Lamptey being let go at a young age with nothing more than sell on percentages have bite the club in the past and apparently we want the ability to get these players back if the flourish, hence Tammy's buy back fee.

So as previously reported our main priority would be a buy back price, while we would reluctantly consider a matching bid clause so if Saints were to accept 50mill from City they would have to accept 50mill from us as well.

Southampton are willing to deal in these terms. Hence when Tino went there for 5mill we got a 25mill buy back inserted in the deal.

West ham are not willing, which is part of why Zoumas deal took so long to do, as we dropped it in the end.

So it is a matter of price we recieve and how much we can get then back for. Seems like the higher the fee offer the more buy back price we would expect.

Say Saints pay only 20 mill, we would want the buy back around 30mill, if they offered 30mill we would let the buy back be 45mill etc.

 
Depends whether there is a buy back clause or first option on any future sale. 

Like it or not we're stacked for options in attack at the moment and there is no clear path into the first team for Broja right now. 

So profit of £25m now in a year where we made financial loses despite winning the European Cup. Pair that with the profit in sales made during the summer despite buying Lukaku for just shy of £100m and it's good business from a FFP stand point. 

Means we go into next summer in the black and would presumably be in a strong position financially to spend. Especially when there's a very real posibility of needing to recruit possibly two central defenders should Rudiger and Christensen leave on free transfers and us needing better cover for RB/RWB. 
Knowing that our policy always seems to be buying after we sell, would not be surprised if we do taker the money on the table.

 
Apparently one of the unnamed clubs are Newcastle who have made an opening  bid of 40mill plus incentives.

 
If supposedly Newcastle have entered the fray, and a bid of 40 million lodged, got a feeling this will be accepted, I admire a hefty hefty punt on potential 

 
If supposedly Newcastle have entered the fray, and a bid of 40 million lodged, got a feeling this will be accepted, I admire a hefty hefty punt on potential 
Even if they offered 100m and the club was willing to sell, why would Broja want to join a club who are weeks away from tier 2 football ? 

 
Even if they offered 100m and the club was willing to sell, why would Broja want to join a club who are weeks away from tier 2 football ? 
I’m just hoping we show the same faith in him, because  at the moment, he on par with our goal shy strikers…

 
Last edited by a moderator:
We should accept if Newcastle come in with an offer like that. Then we send them Lukaku instead and hopefully they wont notice.
Excellent idea, let's try sell them Rom instead. Woild solve a large portion of our issues.

 
  • Like
Reactions: Oli
Back
Top