Atletico game - tube strike

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it doesn't affect the overground there will be trains to West Brompton and Imperial wharf...Not sure how frequent they are though...

 
I think they're about every 20 minutes, i usually use them, they're going to be rammed though

 
Walked to Imperial wharf after the game on Sat as there were no tubes to Wimbledon - nightmare - they were only 4 coaches long and 15 mins apart and were full to bursting before they even got there- had to wait for the 3rd one .

Might be a drive to Battersea ( around park area) and then walk .

 
Seems to be happening a little too often.

We have two option .

The first is to park off North End Road or drive in through Putney and park around Fulham

 
Driven a couple times in the past when stuff like this has happened, the thing that makes it tricky is getting back over a bridge, the queuing takes a long time.

I wouldn't mind too much if it was a Saturday, or even a Sunday, but on a weekday night it's unforgivable 

 
Does seem to be saying the District Line is operating between Wimbledon and Upminster (though to be cynical, it doesn't say how frequently!)

 
Got to be feeling for the Atletico fans.

Imagine trying to navigate a foreign city as big as London with the main public transport down. Nightmare.

 
Just been emailed the matchday information from Chelsea.  Disappointed that it is completely generic information with no mention of the tube strike at all.  I didn't expect detailed information but just something along the lines of "at the time of writing there is the likelihood of a tube strike on this day.  We suggest you visit tfl.go.uk for uptodate information."  or something like that - it does say to check your route but no special mention of tube strike.

 
Just been emailed the matchday information from Chelsea.  Disappointed that it is completely generic information with no mention of the tube strike at all.  I didn't expect detailed information but just something along the lines of "at the time of writing there is the likelihood of a tube strike on this day.  We suggest you visit tfl.go.uk for uptodate information."  or something like that - it does say to check your route but no special mention of tube strike.
Perhaps the club think everybody has a reasonably functioning brain of their own :smile:

 
Got an email from a mate of mine this morning. He works in Hammersmith and he said that trains on the District line from Embankment to Earl's Court were running every 5 to 10 minutes. Not sure about the East Bound route. doesn't mean it will be the same tomorrow. If travelling westwards probably best to get off at Earl's Court and walk the rest.

 
Strike ends at 9pm tomorrow (during the game), so the journey home should be a normal service. 
I think you'll find that all the trains will be in the wrong places and it won't be right until at least Thursday - that's what usually happens anyway.

 
Strike ends at 9pm tomorrow (during the game), so the journey home should be a normal service. 
That would be good.

Think I might just have to try getting there as normal on the district line from Westminster and hope it isn't too bad.

 
Perhaps the club think everybody has a reasonably functioning brain of their own :smile:
I almost added that it wasn't for my benefit but thought they could've at least added it for those who don't live in London and don't regularly go on forums such as these (I know it's difficult to believe....) I live in the sticks and could easily  have only heard about the strike this morning ( I think I first found out on here) - and if I listened to local radio, it probably wouldn't be mentioned at all!

 
I think you'll find that all the trains will be in the wrong places and it won't be right until at least Thursday - that's what usually happens anyway.
Maybe BQ, I've never traveled immediately after a strike has ended before, only the following the morning. 

Services should have been running for about an hour or so by the time our game ends so hopefully it's a half decent service for those going tomorrow.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top