Breaking Bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Season 4 was the best for me I think, I've never been left so shocked at an ending ever since Ross said 'take thee Rachel' in Friends....!
It was the best, but the last 2-3 episodes of season 3 do a great job of leading into it. 

The 2nd half of the 5th season (or the sixth season to some) was amazingly tense, I think I was having panic attacks during some of the episodes!

 
The best television series ever imo.

Has to be watched on netflix though I couldn't have dealt with waiting a week between each episode. I was watching 5/6 a night to get through it.

 
My thoughts:

Overall I enjoyed the programme, it kept me hooked and wanting to know what would happen next, however, the way it ended just doesn't feel right to me.

They spent 4 series building up these characters, building up Hank's investigation leading toward a ultimate showdown at the end, and then they just kill Hank and finish it all off with a bunch of characters introduced in the last series, throwing away all that build up over the past 4 series. Not to mention, by the end they'd made so many of the characters so dislikeable, it was hard to care what happened to any of them. It just seems like all that build up toward the end was cast aside and the end cobbled together.
 
My thoughts:

Overall I enjoyed the programme, it kept me hooked and wanting to know what would happen next, however, the way it ended just doesn't feel right to me.

They spent 4 series building up these characters, building up Hank's investigation leading toward a ultimate showdown at the end, and then they just kill Hank and finish it all off with a bunch of characters introduced in the last series, throwing away all that build up over the past 4 series. Not to mention, by the end they'd made so many of the characters so dislikeable, it was hard to care what happened to any of them. It just seems like all that build up toward the end was cast aside and the end cobbled together.
I absolutely loved the ending of Breaking Bad but I did have one reservation which is what you've said - that the ending was primarily due to and involved characters who had no development and were only introduced in the last season.

 
there is a spin off series, called, better call saul starting in september featuring saul and some of his less salubrious clients, which will also feature cameos from jesse,walt and mike, before it came on top for them! 

i am BB addict!

 
Just finished the box set, ive avoided this thread as only saw up to series 3 before it was taken off air, i wont mention the ending as dont want to spoil it for others, what i will say though anyone still watching it, your in for a treat its one of the best shows ever made. ::clap2::

 
Just finished four and three episodes into 5 ..... The end of four was amazing ! Hope this is not spoil anyone but stop now if it is as I don't know how to put a spoiler in on my iphone !

only bit I thought was disappointing was how easy Gus was lead after being 10 steps ahead of everyone all the way through.

Walt was amazing though my better half don't like him anymore but I do :)

You know what it reminds of ..... One flew over the cuckoos nest. Nothing like it just the away you can spend an hour after discussing what happened and having differing opinions

 
^ There won't be a season 6. Walt's story is over and closed.

Saul's spin-off series whoever is scheduled for February.

 
Seems that article that went viral ks a spoof. Dirty bar stewards making up sh*t. Losers

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I feel sorry for you Zola. I can really imagine the excitement you went through then all hope faded... That must have been horrible (genuinely).

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top