nonotnowjim
Members AF
- Messages
- 7,897
- Reaction score
- 6,508
I disagree with almost everything you say but I wouldn’t like to see you leave the forum. A forum is supposed to have opposing views, or it just becomes an echo chamber. There are certain posters on here with military background from the other side of the pond that never have anything worthwhile to contribute and the forum would be a much better place without them, you don’t fall into the category imo.
Nah - I am with UB here.See this is where I struggle.
In one breath you are welcoming those with different opinions and in the next you are making a sweeping statement about a poster who is putting forward their opinion but because you don’t either agree with or see the relevance you are seemingly wishing them gone.
He certainly doesnt need me to fight his corner, as he can argue with the best of them, but I fully agree. There is a distinct difference between a poster who is clearly here only to be a contrary WUM, and someone who happens to have a different view.
UB and me have sometimes seen eye to eye on a couple of issues (Enzo F racism, Enzo M ineptitude). We have also often argued to stupid levels on other things (Jackson, Nkunku, Felix). We once had a back and forth in the early hours of the morning (my time) on IM - each trying to get the last word....for clarity I won that.
But through it all, and there has been a lot of time wasted back and forth, there is no doubt that he (or I for that matter) is a genuinely caring chelsea fan who supports the club and wants the best for them. It was also clear that neither of us were only here to be dicks and argue for the sake of it - even if sometimes it feels like it.
In comparison, other posters have seemed to do that as a matter of course. 1 guy who didnt like a particular view took to spouting abusive nonsense about mental health, racism and glory holes - simply to get attention/a reaction, because I didnt agree with him. That type of twat was rightfully banned.
In short - as with everything in life, nuance is key. It doesnt have to be a binary thing.