Casemiro

€60m + €10m add on’s. Hell of an awful lot of money for a 30 year old midfielder. 

 
£60m to United, he's having a medical tomorrow apparently. Too expensive, too old for a 5 year deal and no resale value.

 
Still a top player, but looks like a panic deal for the money paid. If United is willing to pay this much for a 30 year old, why should we let Pullisic leave on a loan to them?

 
Still a top player, but looks like a panic deal for the money paid. If United is willing to pay this much for a 30 year old, why should we let Pullisic leave on a loan to them?
I may be speaking too soon and nowhere near as eloquently as @HazardousChoice undoubtedly will do but the reference to Pulisic is interesting. Pulisic, transferring to us at age 21, young, resaleable, bags of pace and potential. Delivered pretty much bu&&er all and we're now struggling to push him on to whoever will take him. Cost - £57.6m. Compare to serial winner, current Champions league winner Casemiro.Of course no resale value due to being as old as 30, just the potential to deliver 3 - 4 years of continual success and dependability.

I know who i would rather. 

 
And from someone who takes 2 Ibuprofen just to get up in the morning and whose best friends are Arnica Cream and Tiger Balm. 30 IS NOT OLD  ffs.

:biggrin:

 
He is a real good player, a good signing for United who strengthens a midfield otherwise weak as wet paper.

Given we are looking at a short term fix for success in Auba I wonder why we did not go for him, do we expect De Jong changes his mind?

 
He is a real good player, a good signing for United who strengthens a midfield otherwise weak as wet paper.

Given we are looking at a short term fix for success in Auba I wonder why we did not go for him, do we expect De Jong changes his mind?
He'll be taking his 350k per week and phoning it in just like Varane.  Neither want to be in that toxic mess, but for 18M a year they'll jog around for 90 minutes once or twice a week no problem.

 
I would have gladly taken Casemiro but him signing with United makes me very hesitant about his ambition.  I don't think he would be in a different position at Chelsea as he is now at RM. I wouldn't take Casemiro over a fit Kanté. So he would be a bit of a rotational player. 

 
I would have gladly taken Casemiro but him signing with United makes me very hesitant about his ambition.  I don't think he would be in a different position at Chelsea as he is now at RM. I wouldn't take Casemiro over a fit Kanté. So he would be a bit of a rotational player. 
I don't think that he plays the Kante role in RM, more the sitting DM and as such I think he'd have been a great rotation option for Jorginho when required to have as a stop-gap option until we find a youngster that can be future DM. He definitely improves Utd midfield.

 
They wanted De Jong, they got Casemiro. Ronaldo stays put that means. 

 
I may be speaking too soon and nowhere near as eloquently as @HazardousChoice undoubtedly will do but the reference to Pulisic is interesting. Pulisic, transferring to us at age 21, young, resaleable, bags of pace and potential. Delivered pretty much bu&&er all and we're now struggling to push him on to whoever will take him. Cost - £57.6m. Compare to serial winner, current Champions league winner Casemiro.Of course no resale value due to being as old as 30, just the potential to deliver 3 - 4 years of continual success and dependability.

I know who i would rather. 
Very eloquently put.

The real question people should be asking themselves is why United are prepared to spend £60m on a 30 year old Casemiro, have offered £67m for Antony a young talented but unproven wingers in the Dutch league and are linked with throwing out huge sums for a host of other players but they don't want to spend one cent on Pulisic.

That really says everything.

Casemiro is a fantastic upgrade for them and a great signing unless he completely loses his motivation but that caveat could apply to any player. 

Top quality and wish he was coming here.

 
I don't think that he plays the Kante role in RM, more the sitting DM and as such I think he'd have been a great rotation option for Jorginho when required to have as a stop-gap option until we find a youngster that can be future DM. He definitely improves Utd midfield.
it's not that hard to improve the Utd midfield though is it haha. 

 
I think we have enough over 30s in our team especially if we get Auba.  Happy to let this one go, not worth it in my opinion especially given the cost.  Hopefully he'll have a similar impact to serial trophy winner Raphael Varane.

 
I think we have enough over 30s in our team especially if we get Auba.  Happy to let this one go, not worth it in my opinion especially given the cost.  Hopefully he'll have a similar impact to serial trophy winner Raphael Varane.
Legendary take, don't mind if I steal 😅

200.gif


 
I think we have enough over 30s in our team especially if we get Auba.  Happy to let this one go, not worth it in my opinion especially given the cost.  Hopefully he'll have a similar impact to serial trophy winner Raphael Varane.
I see your point, but I'd take Casemiro over Auba at the moment. For me, what we really need to reinforce is the midfield. We can't keep playing Jorginho as the DM every game, he played injured last season and we need an alternative for him in certain type of games. Casemiro would have been a great stop-gap. I agree that we don't score enough, but one injury to Jorginho and we don't have the DM to cover for him (we can't play there Kova nor Kante not Gallagher and probably not RLC either, Gilmour would have been my choice, but he's not confident at the moment and needs to build up his PL experience).

 
I think he is your typical la liga player, brilliant in CL, not sure the 100mph of PL will suit, but definitely a massive upgrade on Fred and McT….

 
Back
Top