Charlie Austin

Honestly can't see Austin wanting to sign for us.

Off the back of last season he could move to more than half of the Premier League clubs and expect first team football.
That's the only sticking point.

He's at a point where he needs to play every week (England in mind).

 
f**king hell forgot Di Santo, he was #9 as well, and Kezman. THat shirt is cursed.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
https://youtu.be/taNrq1r6Uw4

2nd goal is a cracker.

(Strangely, 95% of his goals are one touch finishes. I don't think there's one there of the ball at his feet with him making a bit of space or running with the ball before scoring. Make of that what you will.)

 
We've had some sh*t #9's in recent years...

Sutton, Sidwell, Boularouz, Torres...
He needs to play week in an week out too or else he'll never reach his potential of being 'meh, pretty decent'.

18 league goals in a season is impressive and puts him up there with Darren Bent, Roque Santa Cruz, Benni McCarthy,  Marcus Stewart and Michael Bridges.

Funny you should mention Sutton by the way. Guess how many goals he got in the season before he joined us? 

Not saying he'd be a flop, but nothing suggests he's ever been nor would ever be good enough for us and you'd worry about flogging him down the line if that was the case.

 
https://youtu.be/taNrq1r6Uw4

2nd goal is a cracker.

(Strangely, 95% of his goals are one touch finishes. I don't think there's one there of the ball at his feet with him making a bit of space or running with the ball before scoring. Make of that what you will.)
Yup.

Then again why entertain it when you could have someone who costs 3 times the wage, scored 14 goals less and used to be good...

I laughed too.

 
Yup.

Then again why entertain it when you could have someone who costs 3 times the wage, scored 14 goals less and used to be good...

I laughed too.
::clap2:: It's not even a contest is it, Charlie Austin scored 18 goals and got 11 assists in a team as sh*t as QPR. Falcao scored 4 goals at Man United (unsure on assists). Falcao is also 29, non homegrown and his wages will be massive. Austin is 25, homegrown and wages will not be massive. Also to bear in mind Austin could be resold in a few years and been English we'd probably still get a decent amount for him. Now I know Falcao is a loan but I can bet his wages near the transfer fee of Austin who would have some resale value in future (for those saying yeah but we wouldn't get the whole amount back well if we get three years good service then we get what we paid for and any amount is additional funds in future).

 
Last edited by a moderator:
The point is he is a tap in man remi does that and far more, so why do we need him what dues he offer different? Whereas falcao is a longer shot but if it pays off could be deadly and if not it's a loan

 
Really hope this isn't true. I would be happy going into the season with Costa, Falcao and Remy.

 
Would going into the new season with a strike force of Costa, Falcao and Austin be an improvement or step back on Costa, Remy and Drogba? 

 
The point is he is a tap in man remi does that and far more, so why do we need him what dues he offer different? Whereas falcao is a longer shot but if it pays off could be deadly and if not it's a loan
I'd rather take a gamble on Falcao maybe being good enough versus Austin who will likely never be good enough.

 
Another point l will add is this Austin scored 18 goals and got 11 assists in the leagues worst team does anyone think Falcao would have done that at QPR? Cause I certainly don't.

 
Another point l will add is this Austin scored 18 goals and got 11 assists in the leagues worst team does anyone think Falcao would have done that at QPR? Cause I certainly don't.
Not a good argument that bobby to be fair. Plenty of top players would struggle for poor teams, who barely have possession.

I like the look of Austin but like kane, I would like to see him do it for another season.

There is probably more hate for falcao than love judging by the forum. I hope and expect he will get good support from the stands though, and I hope we really get behind him. At the very least he will his arse off like Sheva did, unfortunately you can't say the same about torres.

 
I think it's a very valid argument Falcao was playing in a better team and got nowhere near the state Austin did. Austin played in the league worst team, question was would Falcao have done better it the same as Austin did at QPR? I don't think he would have

 
Not a good argument that bobby to be fair. Plenty of top players would struggle for poor teams, who barely have possession.

I like the look of Austin but like kane, I would like to see him do it for another season.
The thing I don't get is, why Austin?

If we have to buy someone who's English and not Falcao, why not Berahino? He's younger, scored just 4 fewer goals but took 44 less shots last season whilst also creating more chances for his teammates.

Just looking at some stats though, Falcao created the most chances last season per 90 minutes out of himself, Austin, Berahino and Costa as well as successfully taking on his player the most as well.

But back to Austin, why?

 
Why? Because he's a proven goal scorer and would be cheaper than Berahino aswell. Stats are above as I said.

 
Back
Top