Charlie Austin

He's coming to Leicester boys, along with old man Guus, who must know somethin' but don't say nothin'.

 
Yes this would mean Remy is leaving. To be fair Remy is too good of a player to be playing as little as he is. I really think this Falcao deal might edge him to leave anyhow.

Charlie Austin is homegrown so it would bring us that. He is totally unexperienced in Europe so for next season that is not optimal. Doesn't mean he wouldn't do well in those games but as we all know winning that cup is a combination of skill, luck and experience.

 
People keep talking about homegrown but didn't the premier league clubs all vote against the proposals recently?

 
Don't imagine we would go for another striker.

4 strikers for one starting spot is a bit excessive and Jose likes to work with a small group.

 
If Austin comes in Remy leaves.

Unlikely it will happen now but you never know ..

 
If Austin comes in Remy leaves.

Unlikely it will happen now but you never know ..
What changes the dynamic is Costa's hamstring. Don't think Jose sees Remy as anything other than a good sub option to have. Is Austin a better starting option than Remy? Not seen enough of him TBH but Remy has never impressed me as a starter.

Otherwise we'd all better pray that Falcao discovers top form before it's too late.

 
Imagine ending the transfer window having signed Danny Rose and Charlie Austin.

Jesus wept.

 
Austin would be sufficient on the premier league. He will get goals. No one can accurately know if he can make the step up to champions league football therefore it's a big gamble. Would love to be proven wrong but I'm unsure.

 
I'd be well up for Austin. Ignoring the he's a local lad Chelsea fan stuff, he looks a decent busy striker and I think he'd be a step up on Falcao. Agree it would be the end of Remy though.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be well up for Austin. Ignoring the he's a local lad Chelsea fan stuff, he looks a decent busy striker and I think he'd be a step up on Falcao. Agree it would be the end of Remy though.
That's not a sentence you would have expected to read a few seasons ago!

 
I'd be well up for Austin. Ignoring the he's a local lad Chelsea fan stuff, he looks a decent busy striker and I think he'd be a step up on Falcao. Agree it would be the end of Remy though.
Totally agree. A lot of snobbery about him. Did very well in a crap team last year. Was excellent in both games against us. Homegrown and a Chelsea fan to boot.

 
I'd be well up for Austin. Ignoring the he's a local lad Chelsea fan stuff, he looks a decent busy striker and I think he'd be a step up on Falcao. Agree it would be the end of Remy though.
I once said I really rated him as a player. I then went off him, personality thing I think when he decked JT. That aside, think he'd be good with us.

 
Have we had 'he's not Chelsea quality' yet ? One of my faves that one.

 
I doubt we will sign another striker in all honesty, Costa injury or not. That is unless we let Remy leave, and in that case is it better to have Austin than Remy?

 
Remy has the advantage of being able to play on the left too.

Both have a good EPL scoring record, Austin ticks a few more boxes in terms that he is English and knows what the club is about.

I wouldn’t want to lose Remy though.

 
That's a genuine question from me. Not really watched enough of Austin to know.

Is he?
Well he scores plenty of goals in the same league we play in so on that basis yes.

I mean you think someone scoring a good amount in a side like QPR would score as many or more with world class players feeding him the ball.

 
Well he scores plenty of goals in the same league we play in so on that basis yes.

I mean you think someone scoring a good amount in a side like QPR would score as many or more with world class players feeding him the ball.
Thing is Marcus Stewart once finished as the top scorer in the Premier League. 

Charlie Austin at 26 has only played one season in the top flight, never played in Europe. 

He's such an unknown quantity and it would be a huge step up for him to come and play for a side like Chelsea. 

 
Back
Top