Chelsea V Bournemouth (PL) Sat 1st Sep 15:00 UK

Same squad as the last weekend. Should be a Chelsea win, I will say 3-2... Defense will get better but still be exposed, hopefully they worked on communication in the back this week.  

 
Well, Bournemouth is a BIT of a hovel.  There's some nice bits (the beach, er,................um, I think that might be it) but come on, not even a life-long Bournemouth resident like you can say that the centre with the vast swathes of bedsits and benefit B&Bs is plush, can you?

I just looked up head to head results, didn't matter to me if it was  Premier League or not, it was competitive matches.  the actual results were



te


Match


Result


Score


Competition


03 Sep 1988


AFC Bournemouth v Chelsea


W


1-0


League Division Two


25 Mar 1989


Chelsea v AFC Bournemouth


L


2-0


League Division Two


28 Nov 1989


AFC Bournemouth v Chelsea


L


2-3


Zenith Data Systems Cup


21 Sep 1994


Chelsea v AFC Bournemouth


L


1-0


League Cup


04 Oct 1994


AFC Bournemouth v Chelsea


L


0-1


League Cup


05 Dec 2015


Chelsea v AFC Bournemouth


W


0-1


Premier League


23 Apr 2016


AFC Bournemouth v Chelsea


L


1-4


Premier League


26 Dec 2016


Chelsea v AFC Bournemouth


L


3-0


Premier League


08 Apr 2017


AFC Bournemouth v Chelsea


L


1-3


Premier League


28 Oct 2017


AFC Bournemouth v Chelsea


L


0-1


Premier League


20 Dec 2017


Chelsea v AFC Bournemouth


L


2-1


League Cup


31 Jan 2018


Chelsea v AFC Bournemouth


W


0-3


Premier League



So, if you want to  be pedantic,  2 out of 6 in the Premier League, with an aggregate score of  11 - 6.  In the Premier League. Because we all know football  only began when the Premier League started.  Oh, and none out of four in any cups. Interestingly, not a draw to be seen.  Gonna be 0-0  at the weekend then.

I love it when the little teams get all excited because they beat one of the top teams.  QPR, Palace and Tottenham  release a DVD if they get a corner against us, never mind actually winning.  Be careful you don't start  sounding like those muppets, and don't ignore the state of our team at the time.  Oh,  and one other thing to add into your bragging.  You only scored 3, Watford, yes f**king Watford, scored 4 against us in the same week.  To be honest, I'd have had money on my walking five-a-side team beating Chels at that moment.
I rarely venture out of Sandbanks to be honest but I know the town centre is under regeneration. Any way, I didn’t come here for a dick swinging competition, I’ve been very complimentary of CFC in my posts. We may be a “little” tin pot club in many peoples eyes but we have a big heart and big ambitions. Our new stadium will be started soon and hopefully that will bring more fans. It won’t be anywhere near the size of yours....but your Russian is richer than ours! :p

 
Man they're really trying to dig Sarri on RLC.  Listen, he's a good player, and we want to see him do well; however, right now he's not better than anyone else in the midfield.  Just because he's English playing in the English league doesn't give him an automatic selection.

Southgate can be critical all he wants, but i'd rather listen to what Sarri says, as he sees him train regularly.  I'd say the order for selection in the middle 3 is Kante, Jorginho, Kovacic, Barkley, Ruben.  With the first two probably being the first two names on the team sheet each week, that means Ruben is 3rd in line for the 3rd spot.  Hopefully he gets some game time as the amount of games starts to pick up.

 
I think for this one I'd go:

Kepa

Alonso
Christensen
Rudiger
Azpilicueta

Jorginho
Kante
Barkley

Hazard
Morata
Willian

 
They beat us 3-0 last season and are on form this. Unbeaten in 3 games they just never give up. Christiensen for LUiz. Hazard and Kova to start. This isn't going to be a walk in the park. COME ON YOU BLUES !!!

 
I hope Giroud gets a start ... I don’t think Morata is ever going to get there, just not robust enough for PL.   CB is still a problem ... we must be able to get a decent pairing out of all the choices we’ve got?  Luiz is a worry, of course, but you just gotta love him! I also hope Ross gets another start as he’s going to lose confidence quickly if he’s on the bench every week  I think he could be a really good player for us  

one other thing ... is anyone else getting fed up with the Man C fest which is currently going on? First the documentary, now the 10 year since the takeover celebrations. Don’t think they’ve won as much as us since the Abromovich era began?? I guess they’ve just got a better PR and marketing department!

 
I expect plenty of goals in this game.

Bournemouth have a fair amount of attacking quality so I am somewhat nervous, but their defence has always been somewhat fragile and one of their more consistent performers (Adam Smith) is suspended, so we should certainly be grabbing all 3 points provided that we don't implode as we did in January. 

 
DmAozRoW4AARgnp.jpg


 
D14950A7-28A2-4D95-A3BE-87F93A677924.jpeg

This is probably our strongest team at the moment and it’s going to be good to see how they perform all together I’m saying 3-1 chelsea 

 
Willian instead of Pedro? Either Pedro isn't 100% or Sarri is expecting to counter-attack quite a lot. 

 
No suprises on the starting line. I wonder when Christensen gets his turn.

 
View attachment 9262

This is probably our strongest team at the moment and it’s going to be good to see how they perform all together I’m saying 3-1 chelsea 
Surely Giroud for Morata? Maybe this could be his last chance to put in a commanding strikers performance before he’s benched.

 
Back
Top