Chelsea v Cardiff City (PL) 19/10/13 KO 15:00 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huttsey

First Team Regular
Messages
3,454
Reaction score
937
So, next up on Chelsea's fixture list is Cardiff City. What will happen in this game is anybody's guess after the news at Cardiff this morning. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24454963

For those who do not know, Cardiff have suspended their highly rated chief scout and have replaced him with a 23-year-old amateur. Guess what?! He's friends with the owners son! Rumour has it that their manager is ready to walk... We could potentially have a manager-less team visit Stamford Bridge with an angry and vocal away support. Shall be interesting!

Providing that we're not hit with any major injuries over the international break, we only have Ashley Cole to sweat about for this fixture. Torres looks out to me and we won't be seeing Van Ginkel any time soon.

An early view suggests that we should win!

 
Last edited by a moderator:
So, next up on Chelsea's fixture list is Cardiff City. What will happen in this game is anybody's guess after the news at Cardiff this morning. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24454963

For those who do not know, Cardiff have suspended their highly rated chief scout and have replaced him with a 23-year-old amateur. Guess what?! He's friends with the owners son! Rumour has it that their manager is ready to walk... We could potentially have a manager-less team visit Stamford Bridge with an angry and vocal away support. Shall be interesting!

Providing that we're not hit with any major injuries over the international break, we only have Ashley Cole to sweat about for this fixture. Torres looks out to me and we won't be seeing Van Ginkel any time soon.

An early view suggests that we should win!
I hadn't read that about the recruitment scout... How very, erm, strange. 

That's the worse side of foreign ownership showing its head right there, I hope the lad is brushed up on Football Manager, he's going to need it!

Anyway, as for us at home again finally, I would hope we can put Cardiff to sword with relative ease. I don't mean that to underestimate them but rather that this is the sort of team we should be confidently brushing aside and building our points tally.

Sort of team I would expect to see:

                 Cech

Ivan - Luiz - Terry - Bertrand 

         Ramires - Lampard

     Willian - Oscar - Hazard

                    Ba

I'm giving Bertrand a run out to allow Cole to fully recover from his rib injury.

Willian to get the nod after his impressive cameo at Norwich, I think playing against Cardiff at home is the ideal sort of fixture to see if he is settling in.

Ba to continue up front as he did quite well against Norwich so should keep his place. 

 
Agree with you there Mike.Cole needs a rest and Willian and Ba deserve another chance.

 
Whether they're in a crisis or not we should be dispatching Cardiff without many problems at home.  

 
4-0 win.

If anyone predicts a draw or a loss, please kindly remove yourself from the forum and kill yourself. Cheers.

 
I suspect there will be a big police presence for this one.

 
If England don't qualify then the wait for this game is just going to feel like a massive waste of time to me :biggrin:

 
Season seems to be more off than on. I guess Ba needs to start again. Not many of our starting 11 at Norwich are likely to be in the starting 11 for competitive international. The Brazilians are just playing friendlies, Terry is not playing for England, Schurle won't start for Germany, Mata won't start for Spain  I don't believe. Cole is out. Not sure about Ba. So most should be fresh.

I make it only Cech, Ivanovic and Lampard. Its hard to see how Lampard can play two games a week all season long and run the game on every occasion. So for my money he and Ivan get a rest and Dave can play right back and  and and someone else play in midfield. Could Willian play in that spot?

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I suspect there will be a big police presence for this one.
I should think so.

I just wonder if the police will actually stop the violence this time as opposed to recording it with a video camera like last time.

 
If Dave and Bertrand can't get starts against these lot in their current state, at home, then I will be very worried.

 
I think unless we get off to a fast start this is going to be an uphill battle..... for at least the first 10 minutes.....should walk this one once we get the first goal; can't see Cardiff even having a sniff on goal, clean sheet...3-0  

 
I think we should dispatch them with relative ease as well.  I think this is a great chance for Bertrand to get some time on the pitch, I wish we played him more.  I'm going to this match and bringing my gf to her first match so I'm hoping we put a few in the net and there's plenty of sound from the Shed.

 
mclovin83, on 10 Oct 2013 - 1:22 PM, said:
I should think so.

I just wonder if the police will actually stop the violence this time as opposed to recording it with a video camera like last time.
Yeah the old bill like a good movie so they can show it on you tube! Should win this by a couple of goals, I predict 3-1. I missed the FA cup game so last time I saw Cardiff at the bridge was 83/84.  I recall some of our fellas giving our welsh friends a little run down to the ground. In those days for some, it was a long way to Fulham broadway.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top