Chelsea vs Bolton (MOTM)

o was your MOTM against Bolton?

  • Cech

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zhirkov

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alex

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terry

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ferreira

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mikel

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ballack

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lampard

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Drogba

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Anelka

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kalou

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Joe Cole

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Malouda

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zhirkov played through the pain and was constantly a threat creating chances

 
No-brainer, Zhirkov. Didn't let his man past once and was a constant threat forward and could perhaps with some luck have scored on at the other end.

 
Yuri was fantastic, he was our only real outlet going forward in the first half, was unlucky not to score and also unlucky not to get an assist when he played Joe in.

Again got to give Alex a mention. I thought he and JT coped admirably with Davies who can be a difficult customer. Also well done to Nico for getting onto the score sheet again, hopefully more to come for him against Spurs on the wkd. Why he was withdrawn instead of Kalou is completely beyond me.

 
Yuri. I was watching the game on a Russian stream and the commentator was creaming himself over his performance.

Mentions to Alex, Terry and Anelka, who did very well too.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
No question it was Zhirkov, with nice performances by Nico and Ferreira.

JT was manhandled by Davies, Alex was clumsy, Mikel was atrocious, Ballack and Lamps were missing for most of the match, and Kalou and Drogba were like members of the Keystone Kops.

 
zhirkov without a shadow of a doubt. the only other player who came close tonight was joe cole during the short time he was on the pitch.

 
Zhirkov by a mile..Ferreira was decent as was Anelka for spells..good to see Joe showing a bit of skill and keeping the ball towards the end although some shooting practice might help him.

Kalou was frustrating after his decent substitute appearance last game.

Nervy game and one I think we took for granted a bit judging by team selection, Best players first on the teamsheat from now on I'd say.

 
That was our last mid-week game, so no excuse but to play our best 11, and that means Kalou should be left at Cobham on matchdays.

 
Seriously? Must admit that isn't a name I expected to see getting a vote tonight. After a return to form recently I thought Lamps had a real howler tonight.

 
On one corner for Bolton, I saw Lamps man-marking Davies. I thought to myself, please have someone else mark him. Nothing against Lamps, but JT or Alex should be on him on corners.

 
Was either Zhirkov or Mikel for me. The rest was either average, crap or invisible.

Went with Yuri in the end because I've given Mikel quite a few votes already.

 
Don't you think Mikel gave away far too many free kicks in dangerous positions for Bolton?

 
Cech - nervy

Terry - good, but not his usual great

Alex - shaky

Ferreira - solid

Zhirkov - brilliant

Ballack - decent

Lampard - average

Mikel - foul happy

Drogba - hard working

Anelka - good goal

Kalou - hopeless

Malouda - not enough time

J.Cole - lively

 
Lampard? Mikel? What's next? A vote for Ballack as well?

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top