Chelsea vs Fenerbahce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grant needs all the luck he can get - although due to his sheer baffling ways I firmly believe Rafa will be unable to glean what is going on with our tactics and he'll promptly lose.Irony indeed if we beat Liverpool with a much inferior manager at the helm than when we lost the previous two seasons!
As ive said earlier the thought of Grant v Rafa over 180 is scary

But i think youve hit upon something there.

Rafa had Jose nailed. But with Grant ? Who f*****g knows what we are going to do....!!!!!

Last nights made up on the spot formation of the last 25 mins is something Rafa wouldnt have been expecting thats for sure!
Exactly what we were saying after the game last night. How can Rafa guess what Grant will do when he doesn't even know himself?
icon_lol.gif


 
what a superb performance well for 3 minutes anyway (it was a bit like my sex life)

very nervy, to afraid to commit players forward in case we got hit on the counter

we got the result and thats all that matter at the end of the day

another 2 legged affair against the scousers to look forward to

so well done to the lads who continued to battle to the end

 
If you're not a world class manager, at least be a lucky one
icon_wink.gif


I'm not sure how we're doing it, but we're hanging on in there
blue%20scalf.gif


 
As we've been saying all season there is no way we'll anything under Grant.

Unless of course we get lucky.

 
the comfort is that it's worked for fatty at anfield...maybe avram is rafa no 2

 
There you have it in a nutshell, Fat rafa is touted as some sort of tactical genius when it comes to Europe whereas Avram is considered a joke figure who gets lucky.

Well, we're both in the semis, we're streets ahead of them in the league, and have picked up 4 points off them in the premiership. To call Grant a 'lucky' manager, when he loses his first choice 'keeper thru a freak training ground accident just as he was due to make his comeback after his last long term injury let alone the other injuries the club has suffered this season, is also a tad ironic.

I'm not Grants biggest fan, i find him dull, and on appearance, not very inspiring, but until we fail to win the League and are knocked out of the Champions League, its hard to be too critical, tho i'm sure many of you will.

A good reaility check today is to listen to some Arse fans who are calling for Wenger to go, pretty football and no pots for 3 years, all of a sudden they dont care about the style anymore, they want silverware !!!

I've said it before, its a fine line, this season could be everything we've dreamt of, then again it could end in tears and even then some of joy as the club parts company with its 'not so lucky manager' !

 
There you have it in a nutshell, Fat rafa is touted as some sort of tactical genius when it comes to Europe whereas Avram is considered a joke figure who gets lucky.Well, we're both in the semis, we're streets ahead of them in the league, and have picked up 4 points off them in the premiership. To call Grant a 'lucky' manager, when he loses his first choice 'keeper thru a freak training ground accident just as he was due to make his comeback after his last long term injury let alone the other injuries the club has suffered this season, is also a tad ironic.

I'm not Grants biggest fan, i find him dull, and on appearance, not very inspiring, but until we fail to win the League and are knocked out of the Champions League, its hard to be too critical, tho i'm sure many of you will.

A good reaility check today is to listen to some Arse fans who are calling for Wenger to go, pretty football and no pots for 3 years, all of a sudden they dont care about the style anymore, they want silverware !!!

I've said it before, its a fine line, this season could be everything we've dreamt of, then again it could end in tears and even then some of joy as the club parts company with its 'not so lucky manager' !
Nice post.

 
I'm very happy that we're still hanging on, but at the same time I'm wondering how do we manage it when we look like falling apart most of the time. It's like I wondered how on earth did we manage to keep several clean sheets with Neil Sullivan in goal. NEIL! FECKING! SULLIVAN!
300.gif
317.gif
icon_eek.gif


 
I'm not sure if this had been posted elsewhere but did anyone else find Kezman being booed a bit out of order. We all know he was pants but he worked his bo**ocks off every time he played for us and was part off the side that won the title and despite making a small contribution compared to others IMO he still deserves a bit more respect.

 
I'm not sure if this had been posted elsewhere but did anyone else find Kezman being booed a bit out of order. We all know he was pants but he worked his b*****ks off every time he played for us and was part off the side that won the title and despite making a small contribution compared to others IMO he still deserves a bit more respect.
I think he got a mixed receptions. I clapped him and others around me were as well. He put in a lot of effort for us, so yes he does deserve some respect.

Anyone know why the attendance was only 38k? Bit dissapointing

 
As we've been saying all season there is no way we'll anything under Grant.Unless of course we get lucky.
Liam, I know you were never as starry-eyed as most with Jose and we all see the game differently, but seriously. Give us your views. How do you feel about the football we are currently playing under Grant? His tactical manipulations? His formations and starting personnel? The obvious lack of understanding from the players on the park when a substitution is made? His use of players played out of position?

Does the fact that we are still picking up results mean he is getting all these things near enough right in your book?

 
I'm very happy that we're still hanging on, but at the same time I'm wondering how do we manage it when we look like falling apart most of the time. It's like I wondered how on earth did we manage to keep several clean sheets with Neil Sullivan in goal. NEIL! f*renching! SULLIVAN!
300.gif
317.gif
icon_eek.gif
dont speak too soon he could be back, UEFA have given us permission to sign a loan keeper for Champions League games as our two first choice ones are injured !
icon_wink.gif


 
Liam, I know you were never as starry-eyed as most with Jose and we all see the game differently, but seriously. Give us your views. How do you feel about the football we are currently playing under Grant? His tactical manipulations? His formations and starting personnel? The obvious lack of understanding from the players on the park when a substitution is made? His use of players played out of position? Does the fact that we are still picking up results mean he is getting all these things near enough right in your book?
No, it means we have an excellent bunch of modern footballers, the best that money can buy.

I hate the football we are playing under Grant, just like I hated the football we played under Mourinho. I hate the narrow midfield, the team of athletes rather than ball players. I don't think Grant has changed things one bit and I doubt whether he has the ability to do so.

But the double standards applied by so many people on this site (not you) amuses me. An incredible number of people were seduced by Mourinho. It's not surprising. He is the ultimate Alpha Male and impossibly handsome and charismatic to boot. Any criticism of him was met with howls of derision and abuse. The most common refrain was always that he brought us success, and should therefore be above criticism no matter how valid.

But I believe our money bought us a brilliant group of players, and those players brought us success, for which Mourinho was given far too much credit; something he never discouraged.

Now that there is a chance of success with the same group of players, but without any obvious leadership, it is being explained away as luck.

 
I'm not sure if this had been posted elsewhere but did anyone else find Kezman being booed a bit out of order. We all know he was pants but he worked his b*****ks off every time he played for us and was part off the side that won the title and despite making a small contribution compared to others IMO he still deserves a bit more respect.
I think his luke warm reception was because of his comments in the press over the last week since the game in Istanbul. He wasn't particularly complimentary and was shooting his mouth off quite a bit.

 
It's a very good answer Liam. Though you know it's not one I'll agree 100% with.

I agree, Mourinho was given God like status by many people who wouldn't accept he had any flaws or failures at all. But where I diasgree, is with the opinion that he got that level of adulation and credit simply because he won things.

For me the trophies and success were merely a by-product of the most important thing he brought us, players and fans alike. Self-belief. A belief that we could be the best. That we could really achieve those things - win the League - win the Champions League. Be one of the very best teams in the world. We had nothing to fear, let other teams fear us. We didn't have to be second best to anyone.

That belief was something we had never had in my Chelsea supporting life. Ruud Gullit was getting close but then he was sacked. Ranieri tried but certainly never gave it to us. It needed a man of Jose's character and persona to make us feel like that. For all the players that played under him and the overwhelming majority of us fans that support Chelsea, he changed our mindset and expecations. IMO, that's his greatest legacy and why he is so revered. And he deserves all the credit in the world for that.

 
I'm not sure if this had been posted elsewhere but did anyone else find Kezman being booed a bit out of order. We all know he was pants but he worked his b*****ks off every time he played for us and was part off the side that won the title and despite making a small contribution compared to others IMO he still deserves a bit more respect.
I think he got a mixed receptions. I clapped him and others around me were as well. He put in a lot of effort for us, so yes he does deserve some respect.

Anyone know why the attendance was only 38k? Bit dissapointing
I think it was due to some sections of the MH stand had that netting over them, I think they do it for the TV coverage, although I'm not entirely sure.

 
I'm very happy that we're still hanging on, but at the same time I'm wondering how do we manage it when we look like falling apart most of the time. It's like I wondered how on earth did we manage to keep several clean sheets with Neil Sullivan in goal. NEIL! f*renching! SULLIVAN!
300.gif
317.gif
icon_eek.gif
dont speak too soon he could be back, UEFA have given us permission to sign a loan keeper for Champions League games as our two first choice ones are injured !
icon_wink.gif
Ooo, I don't know...maybe Boscnich isn't doing anything at the moment.
icon_lol.gif


 
Ooo, I don't know...maybe Boscnich isn't doing anything at the moment.
im sure hes sniffing around somewhere.....

 
I'm not running Grant down, nor do I put Mourinho on a pedestal. But there track record prior to Chelsea can't be compared Mourinho won the CL with Porto and then he won two premierships with CFC.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top