The difference is that after our offside goal, Man Utd replied with a goal which was even worse considering it was deliberate cheating as opposed to a linesman error. So within minutes the one-goal lead was restored and the game essentially carried on as before, except at that point Man Utd had broken their duck.No point talking abt the offside goal , looks similar to the way ManUtd fans were blaming the drogba offside goal for their defeat at old trafford last season .
There was plenty of comments on those incidents in MatchChat, I'm surprised the sweary censor didn't go into overloadIve been reading some of the reports on the game, and hardly any mention Scholes getting away without a booking (as usual) or the penalty we should have had on Essien (as usual). These did happen didnt they, I didnt dream them did I?
They havent, thankfully. Did they show the Penalty on Essien? I cant believe how little has been made of it.I couldn't face watching the match highlights on ITV last night so I recorded the show. Just finished watching it this afternoon, and what a surprise, they didn't show Scholes' first half assault at all! Neither did they show Mikel's superb ball through to Kalou (who somehow managed to f*ck it up), and the post match Manure love-in was so nauseating I had to switch off.
Somebody please tell me that ITV haven't got the EPL coverage this season!
Ditto the offside pass to Valencia which led to the second goal. Although considering I seem to be the only person who's mentioned it I may well be wrong...They havent, thankfully. Did they show the Penalty on Essien? I cant believe how little has been made of it.
I actually think Anelka performs for us better on the wing as opposed to central striker. He back tracks and goes to wide for to play central, where as on the wing thats kind of what you do!Im getting a little tired of Anelka playing there aswell.. especially because he doesnt do well for quite some time now.
Have to disagree about the offside - if you look in the middle at 3:18, Ivan is playing him onside by maybe a yard.That definitely looks offside, and also definitely looked a penalty.
Have to disagree with you on that one. If you watch the video, it's paused at exactly the moment he kicks it, it's literally 0.000001 seconds before it's kicked, and I know Valencia's fast, but he couldn't go past Ivan that quickly.![]()
^ This picture is somewhat misleading as it is before the ball is played. When the ball leaves O'Shea's foot Valencia is ahead of Ivanovic. Not that it matters at this stage, I guess...