Chelsea vs Man Utd (CS) 08/08/10 1500 KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least our Reserves beat Utd's Reserves yesterday.

4-1 - goals from Borini (2), McEachran and Billy Clifford.

 
Ive been reading some of the reports on the game, and hardly any mention Scholes getting away without a booking (as usual) or the penalty we should have had on Essien (as usual). These did happen didnt they, I didnt dream them did I?

 
No point talking abt the offside goal , looks similar to the way ManUtd fans were blaming the drogba offside goal for their defeat at old trafford last season .
The difference is that after our offside goal, Man Utd replied with a goal which was even worse considering it was deliberate cheating as opposed to a linesman error. So within minutes the one-goal lead was restored and the game essentially carried on as before, except at that point Man Utd had broken their duck.

Whereas we dominated quite intensely before and after their second [offside] goal and scored, which would have brought us level. Then it's a whole different thing because we're not chasing the game.

 
After reading the papers today I feel like I attended a different game yesterday. I'm not by any means going to talk about how we deserved to win but I'm not gonna waste my life reading about rooney being back to his best and terry getting worse, apart from the first goal Terry had Rooney in his pocket, not just Rooney, the clown who thinks he's good enough for just one name couldn't win a header against JT. I'm not saying it was his best game but no means his worst. My opinion we need anelka to play a central roll and not drift if drogba's not on. let's not forget it wasn't our strongest back 4 either, I'm not a big believer in Paulo or hilario, with cech and Alex back and Ivan or boswinga back out wide things will be a lot tighter.

 
Ive been reading some of the reports on the game, and hardly any mention Scholes getting away without a booking (as usual) or the penalty we should have had on Essien (as usual). These did happen didnt they, I didnt dream them did I?
There was plenty of comments on those incidents in MatchChat, I'm surprised the sweary censor didn't go into overload :D

 
I couldn't face watching the match highlights on ITV last night so I recorded the show. Just finished watching it this afternoon, and what a surprise, they didn't show Scholes' first half assault at all! Neither did they show Mikel's superb ball through to Kalou (who somehow managed to f*ck it up), and the post match Manure love-in was so nauseating I had to switch off.

Somebody please tell me that ITV haven't got the EPL coverage this season!

 
I couldn't face watching the match highlights on ITV last night so I recorded the show. Just finished watching it this afternoon, and what a surprise, they didn't show Scholes' first half assault at all! Neither did they show Mikel's superb ball through to Kalou (who somehow managed to f*ck it up), and the post match Manure love-in was so nauseating I had to switch off.

Somebody please tell me that ITV haven't got the EPL coverage this season!
They havent, thankfully. Did they show the Penalty on Essien? I cant believe how little has been made of it.

 
They havent, thankfully. Did they show the Penalty on Essien? I cant believe how little has been made of it.
Ditto the offside pass to Valencia which led to the second goal. Although considering I seem to be the only person who's mentioned it I may well be wrong...

 
Nope, I thought the same Plok.


Another thing, Ashley got proper skinned out there yesterday. I definitely wouldn't say that was a performance of the 'best left back in the world', friendly game or not. I think that is a very generous title to give him generally.

 
Im getting a little tired of Anelka playing there aswell.. especially because he doesnt do well for quite some time now.
I actually think Anelka performs for us better on the wing as opposed to central striker. He back tracks and goes to wide for to play central, where as on the wing thats kind of what you do!

I think thats also a part of why Frances WC went sideways, they used him as a central stiker.....he just seems better at creating goals from the wing, for himself or for DD/others..

 
That definitely looks offside, and also definitely looked a penalty.

 
Have to agree with that now RBJ, that linesman got it bang on.

/monthly_08_2010/post-2-039608500%201281386800.png

Also, I didn't notice until that video that Hilario is pointing to 'in off the face' to be covered just before the goal. He saw that coming.

 

Attachments

  • offside.PNG
    offside.PNG
    166.9 KB · Views: 0
I can't believe how the media/press appear to have given the game such an over-inflated importance. I've always had the opinion that it's nice to win and something to celebrate but not the end of the world if you lose.

This season though it seems to be as vitally important.

It has been called by some.......

'The best contested Community Shield match in years'

And according to what can only be described as the anti chelsea brigade....

'Manchester United have put down a serious marker as far as the destination of this seasons title is concerned'( words to that effect)

Sky Sports News were still analyzing the game and showing the action this afternoon. No mention of the decisions that went against. Instead it was just the regular Man utd w**kfest.

I will bet that if we were to win comfortably next weekend it will be refered to as 'early days'.

 
post-2-039608500%201281386800.png


^ This picture is somewhat misleading as it is before the ball is played. When the ball leaves O'Shea's foot Valencia is ahead of Ivanovic. Not that it matters at this stage, I guess...

 
The offside I think is one of those cases where benefit of the doubt goes to the attacker I suppose, which I think is a good thing in general.

If we need to tighten the screws a little at the back, then as much as everyone is saying Ivan had a great game Percy is the man to do it. He and JT have one of the best understandings in world football and were crucial to us having the best defence in world football for several years. I still think the defence to start at WBA should be Ivan, Percy, JT, Ash. No offence to Paulo but that's simply a better lineup defensively IMO.

I know many are suggesting we need Ivan in there because our other options are a bit slow as evidenced by Sunday's performance, but I think those comments are a bit off the mark. We were exposed by those long diagonal balls behind the fullbacks because we failed to put enough pressure on in the midfield. The reason Scholes is being talked up like he was Xavi was because we were giving him 10-15 seconds to pick out a pass, it wouldn't have mattered if we were playing Usain Bolt at Centre Half those balls still would have given us trouble.

 
post-2-039608500%201281386800.png


^ This picture is somewhat misleading as it is before the ball is played. When the ball leaves O'Shea's foot Valencia is ahead of Ivanovic. Not that it matters at this stage, I guess...
Have to disagree with you on that one. If you watch the video, it's paused at exactly the moment he kicks it, it's literally 0.000001 seconds before it's kicked, and I know Valencia's fast, but he couldn't go past Ivan that quickly.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top