Chelsea vs Porto. Show must go on!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sergeyMS

On the Bench
Messages
785
Reaction score
0
The 2ng leg is tomorrow and I can see a lot of options for starting squad.

We know Terry is out, Mikel is back for european game. Hopefully Robben and Kalou are both fit.

A.Cole must start, because Bridge is a good substitute, he can play attacking and defensive role depending on situation.

Maybe Sheva needs some rest, doesn`t he?

More likely we will play 4-4-2 with Lamps, Ballack, Maka and Mikel in the mid, but really want to see Robben and Kalou both starting.

I would like to see next one:

...........................Cech..........................

Diarra//Geremi...Essien...Rikky.......A.Cole

.....Ballack...........Mikel//Maka...Lampard....

....Kalou.............Drogba.........Robben.....

Diarra//Geremi depends on desire to provide some rest for DiarraBoy

Mikel//Maka. Mixed feeling. Mikel must(can) play because he will be suspended till March 31. Maka must play to provide solidity for our backline, because Terry is still out.

Clean sheet for us is always welcomed and we can score 2 or 3.

Looking for quarterfinal draw.

AC Milan - Celtic is the best for us I think. Real - Bayern is next to it. Any other will be very tough task.

I`m very afraid of Lyon!!!

 
http://www.teamtalk.com/football/preview/0,16374,1773_1959593,00.htmlhttp://www.teamtalk.com/football/previe ... 93,00.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/6414759.stmhttp://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 414759.stm

Boulahrouz is back,but will he plays? What is better unfit natural defender or in-form shifted midfielder??

"Defender Khalid Boulahrouz returns after being out for the last three weeks because of a dislocated shoulder"

"Striker Didier Drogba picked up a minor back injury against Portsmouth but should be fit"

Chelsea (from): Cech, Cudicini, Hilario, Hedman, Ferreira, Geremi, Diarra, Essien. Boulahrouz, Carvalho, A Cole, Bridge, Lampard, Ballack, Makelele, Drogba, Shevchenko, Wright-Phillips, Kalou, Morais, Mikel Jon Obi

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1773_1958615,00.htmlhttp://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/ ... 15,00.html

Mourinho added: "John is not back for Porto. Mikel Jon Obi and Boulahrouz are back and so we have a better situation. But John should be ready in a couple of weeks."

 
I would rather see Essien play than Boula - Boula has had very little football in the past month or so and will be well short of match sharpness. We have the strength in depth in midfield so can afford to keep Essien at centre half.

 
I would rather see Essien play than Boula - Boula has had very little football in the past month or so and will be well short of match sharpness. We have the strength in depth in midfield so can afford to keep Essien at centre half.
Me too! Boulharouz is unfit and has looked terribly uncomfortable at center back anyhow- viva essien. I think we'll see the 442 with robben maka ballack and lamps. or hopefully mikel in place of ballack and therefore a 6-0 chelsea victory and a makelele motm performance.

 
Sergey, something tells me Sheva will start, and not get rested. He was bought for one main reason, and he proved that in our last CL game...to win us the champions league. I see us using the diamond of death.

...........................Cech..........................

Diarra............Buffalo....Carvalho.......A.Cole

..........................Maka...........................

..........Ballack.................Lampard..........

.........................Robben........................

..................Sheva........The Drogs...........

Kalou will sub Sheva

Mikel will sub Robben

And then either Boularouz, SWP, or PF to come on, not sure for whom.

If Khalid comes on we push Essien to DM, and take off Maka.

When (not if) Sheva comes off before Robben, we switch to the 4-3-3

 
I think that team will start except maybe Mikel instead of Robben, with Robben to sub for Mikel.

 
I'm crushed: I HAVE to attend a work dinner tonight and can't follow the Chelsea
mad0040.gif
Does anyone volunteer to text me the score as it happens?

 
Sorry Val but my mobile (as you know) is work provided and international calls are barred.

However I have provided this for you

sicknote.jpg


 
Sergey, something tells me Sheva will start, and not get rested. He was bought for one main reason, and he proved that in our last CL game...to win us the champions league. I see us using the diamond of death............................Cech..........................

Diarra............Buffalo....Carvalho.......A.Cole

..........................Maka...........................

..........Ballack.................Lampard..........

.........................Robben........................

..................Sheva........The Drogs...........

Kalou will sub Sheva

Mikel will sub Robben

And then either Boularouz, SWP, or PF to come on, not sure for whom.

If Khalid comes on we push Essien to DM, and take off Maka.

When (not if) Sheva comes off before Robben, we switch to the 4-3-3
I agree with you about Sheva. Read my post once again please:

"More likely we will play 4-4-2 with Lamps, Ballack, Maka and Mikel in the mid, but really want to see Robben and Kalou both starting."

I mean what I`ve said. Just to see Kalou and Robben working together.

 
Sorry Val but my mobile (as you know) is work provided and international calls are barred.However I have provided this for you

sicknote.jpg
And a couple for me please
icon_lol.gif


 
Sorry Val but my mobile (as you know) is work provided and international calls are barred.However I have provided this for you

sicknote.jpg
rofl.gif
Loz, where do you find the time to come up with these things? You must be in local government
icon_wink.gif


 
Sergey, something tells me Sheva will start, and not get rested. He was bought for one main reason, and he proved that in our last CL game...to win us the champions league. I see us using the diamond of death............................Cech..........................

Diarra............Buffalo....Carvalho.......A.Cole

..........................Maka...........................

..........Ballack.................Lampard..........

.........................Robben........................

..................Sheva........The Drogs...........

Kalou will sub Sheva

Mikel will sub Robben

And then either Boularouz, SWP, or PF to come on, not sure for whom.

If Khalid comes on we push Essien to DM, and take off Maka.

When (not if) Sheva comes off before Robben, we switch to the 4-3-3
I thought Michael Essien is known as the Bison not the Buffalo

 
Typical ITV muppets - Main channel tonight is showing bin-dippers V barca. How sh*t is that?

I was getting panicky about that when I looked in the telly mag. I had forgotten about ITV4 - phew!

Kev

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top