Chelsea vs Stoke MOTM

Who was your MOTM against Stoke?

  • Cech

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A Cole

    Votes: 12 16.9%
  • Terry

    Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Alex

    Votes: 6 8.5%
  • Ferreira

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mikel

    Votes: 28 39.4%
  • Essien

    Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Lampard

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Drogba

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Anelka

    Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Malouda

    Votes: 16 22.5%
  • Kalou

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sturridge

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ramires

    Votes: 1 1.4%

  • Total voters
    71
Status
Not open for further replies.

loz

The Schoolmaster
Staff member
Messages
22,723
Reaction score
6,608
Close call between Ashley Cole, Malouda and Mikel for me. Opted for Mikel.

 
Mikel or Essien for me, went for Mikel. Apparently he attempted 106 passes and completed 103 today.

 
Voted for Essien, seemed every time I looked at the TV he or Mikel had the ball. Just had a look on the Guardian chalkboards and they had 96 for 92 completions and 106 from 103 completions between them, I know we had a lot of possession but those numbers are enormous.

Thought Essien was at the heart of all our good work part. first half when some of his passing was fantastic, I recall one 50 yard ball he sat on the foot of Ashley Cole to the left that was out of this world.

Mikel could have claimed it as well of course, he has come along well and perhaps being out and out first choice has given him the confidence to really shine.

Also appreciated the efforts of Malouda and Ashley Cole once again showing us why we have the best left side in football today.

 
I wanted to vote for John Terry because of that phenomenal assist (JT the playmaker) but even though Terreh did play amazingly throughout the game, Mikel really deserves MOTM. Hats off to him. I've been really impressed with him thus far this season.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I thought Alex was exceptional today. He didn't let anything past him, tackled well, distributed well from defence - everything you could've asked for him he did superbly. Give him the #6!

Honourable mentions to Malouda, Essien and Mikel today. Mikel hardly put a foot wrong, Essien played brilliantly in the first hour, maybe faded slightly in the last 30, and Malouda was just Malouda, brilliant as he has been.

 
Close call between Cole and Malouda, went for Malouda simply because we were really static in the first half, not moving well and he was the only one doing the runs together with Cole to open them up and resulted in the goal as well.

Mikel and Terry not too far behind.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Mikel, Terry and Alex were the pick of the players for me. I've voted for Mikel. Looked very composed, and made up for Lampard's mistakes, which could have cost us the game (by that I'm mainly referring to the careless passing, the missed penalty is a seperate issue).

EDIT : Ashley deserves a mention. He adds an extra dimension to our attack. Can't be overlooked.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
These posts sum up what I said in Match Chat. Overall a solid team performance, with no clear cut Man of the Match. Ashley, Alex, Essien, Mikel, Nico, and Malouda all good.

Malouda faded a little, and Nico was only productive in flashes, but those flashes were brillliant.

Only poor performance was Lampard, but the illumination that he's injured certainly sheds light on his past couple of performances.

Very close between Mikel and Essien, but I'll go for Mikel. I really hope he flourishes with a good run in the team this year; plus he's looking great alongside Essien.

Also, I think Carlo got all his subs spot on. Plus Sturridge looks amazing everytime I see him. Fast, eager, great control and uses both feet with ease!

Scott

 
Voted for Alex, Essien next then Mikel - I thought Malouda overall had a poor game today obviously apart from a great finish, Lampard too wasn't great - aside from the good spells and nice movement in the first half I think most players didn't play 100% as there was no need to!!

 
Mikel for me. It's a shame that he gave the ball away for their shot that hit the bar, as apart from that I thought he really was quite brilliant today. Incredibly confident on the ball and a fantastic range of passing. More of that please.

 
Ashley for me and that would have been some goal if the crossbar wasn't in the way!

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top