Chelsea's (All-time) Nightmare Historic XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueBeard

First Team Regular
Messages
6,073
Reaction score
169
Self-explanatory really, though try not to be too harsh - after all, they were still representing Chelsea! :angry:

Iles

G.Wilkins Nutton McNaught Hutchings

Viljoen Dickens De Lucas Sissons

Mayes Fleck

​


 
surely jokanovic has to be in there somewhere. every game the same. come on as sub after 60 minutes, lose the ball constantly, get booked, play sh*t.

 
Does Chris Sutton not get a look in either?
Compared to Mayes & Fleck, Sutton was like Pele.

surely jokanovic has to be in there somewhere. every game the same. come on as sub after 60 minutes, lose the ball constantly, get booked, play sh*t.
Jokanovic was close to getting included, but couldn't quite make it due to the fierce competition in midfield

You seem to have missed Bogarde
Bogarde seemed to get slated because he was happy to collect his wages while not playing, but when he did play he wasn't half as bad as some I could mention ;)

 
Sullivan* was worse than Iles, but Les Fridge* has to be in goal.

I'm afraid I missed the late John McNaught's* very few appearances.

Hutchings was never that bad. Andy Dow* was worse, I thought. Or the legend that was Doug Rougvie*!

Dave Mitchell up front, maybe? Or Steve Livingstone?

*Blimey Steve - we've had some dodgy players from over the border, to counter-balance the genius of Nevin and Cooke (and Speedie, from that well-known Glasgow suburb of Doncaster!)

OMG - just googled the "Aussie" Dave Mitchell:

David Stuart "Dave" Mitchell (born 13 June 1962 in Scotland) is a retired Australian football (soccer) player. He moved to Australia as a young child. He began his professional career with Adelaide City in 1981, and made his Australia debut against Taiwan that same year. He made 44 appearances for the national team, scoring 13 goals.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sullivan* was worse than Iles, but Les Fridge* has to be in goal.I'm afraid I missed the late John McNaught's* very few appearances.

Hutchings was never that bad. Andy Dow* was worse, I thought. Or the legend that was Doug Rougvie*!

Dave Mitchell up front, maybe? Or Steve Livingstone?

*Blimey Steve - we've had some dodgy players from over the border, to counter-balance the genius of Nevin and Cooke (and Speedie, from that well-known Glasgow suburb of Doncaster!)
I didn't pick Fridge because he only played one game for us (there's probably a reason for that ;) ), and I agree that Sullivan was possibly worse than Iles - close thing though!

It was a close run thing between McNaught and Sitton. I agree that Hutchings wasn't that bad, but I was really struggling to think of a sh*te left-back. I wouldn't put Rougvie there, as he did play well now and then.

We're spoiled for choice when it comes to strikers - as well as Mayes, Fleck, Mitchell and Livingstone, we could have Hales, Hatelely, Smethurst, Aylott...the list goes on.

Got to agree about the dodgy Jocks - never noticed how many there were till you pointed that out! One more, Tommy Hughes, Bonetti's understudy towards the late 60's - seemed to let in five goals every time he played.

 
Sharon Wood would get in my side at right back although admittedly he did do slightly better once Hollins brought in Clarke and Wood moved into midfield. I don't think that was genius on Hollins's part, it was more that he was desperate to get Wood as far away fro, our goal as possible! (actually I think Wood only got a recall due to umpteen injuries and suspensions but he did well when he came back)

 
Good thread BB. Bet you won't be able to sleep thinking of this lot.

Beasant

G.Wilkins Nutton Sitton Hall

Jasper De Lucas Murphy

Mayes Mitchell Nicholls

 
Good thread BB. Bet you won't be able to sleep thinking of this lot.Beasant

G.Wilkins Nutton Sitton Hall

Jasper De Lucas Murphy

Mayes Mitchell Nicholls
Jasper, Murphy and Hall would get in my squad, at least - in fact, I'd put Hall at RB, G Wilkins at LB and Jasper at CB instead of Nutton, purely for his performance in the Sunderland game.

I think you have to have made a particularly nightmarish contribution to qualify for this XI

 
Shouldn't this lot be given a nightmare manager too? Danny Blanchflower, Geoff Hurst or Ian Porterfield all spring to mind

 
Shouldn't this lot be given a nightmare manager too? Danny Blanchflower, Geoff Hurst or Ian Porterfield all spring to mind
Any of those three would do, as would Scolari - I'll leave it up to you to decide :angry:

 
I tried this and stopped at GK. Couldn't go any further.

It has to be Les Fridge. Has to be.

Other names i will throw in, most already mentioned...

Dale Jasper ( i was there for the semi)

John McNaught

Sharon

John Coady

Peter Nicholas

Steve Livingstone (to think we swapped him for Soxy)

My cousin always tells me about David Stride but im far too young to remember.

Of a more recent vintage i would have to plump for De Lucas and Kezman (minus Barca at home)

I never thought Jerry Murphy was too bad btw. But i was eleven.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I never thought Peter Nicholas was too bad either, but I was eleven!

 
I make it that i must be about 2 years older than you then Mod!

 
Is there room for Deco.

if you repeat this thread in 5 years he will be a strong candidate.

maybe more of a bad signing.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
It's frightening just how many players would qualify for this side

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top