Christian Pulisic

Never seen this guy play in my life to be honest and if he has appeared in the extremely few Dortmund matches I've seen then he's obviously not stood out enough for me to notice.

I have however seen Thorgan Hazard who seems to have developed quite well and we still have a buy back clause on him I believe. Dortmund are reportedly looking to sign him to replace Pulisic, I'm guessing they know something we don't. 

 
I've said before that I think he is massively overrated by the majority of the football blogging community because he is American same as them.

But if he is a long term replacement for either Pedro or Willian, I'm fine with that. Both are the wrong side of 30. He is a genuinely right sided player which CHO is not. His output is similar to Willian at the moment and you would expect that it would improve over time.

There is also the associated boost in American support and the money associated with that. The price is therefore more reasonable than that quoted in the summer.

However, it should be acknowledged that Fekir is the guy who can take us to another level by improving the squad now. If this is an either or, then the money would be better spent on Fekir.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hope the lad doesn't get burdened with ill-feeling over the possible CH-O departure. They're naturally on opposite flanks for starters, and if CH-O leaves it will be down to what happened in the 6-months prior to us perhaps getting Pulisic.

 
"My understanding is that Chelsea are the only team that have made a firm offer at the moment.

"Dortmund are looking to see if there are other offers coming in as you would, but it is kind of agreed that the player will move in the summer definitely because he still has a year to run on his contract.

"Unless someone matches Chelsea's offer or exceeds it, he'll go there.

"There was some interest from Manchester United, I understand, but they've gone a little bit quiet now because they've got other stuff to deal with. They don't know if whoever the next guy is will want to pay that amount of money on Christian Pulisic."


*Honigstein on Sunday Supplement

 
I keep reading that Arsenal and Liverpool are in for him also.......seems to be more of a squad player than a first team option; we've got plenty of them, as Sarri only seems to use about 14 players

 
Never seen this guy play in my life to be honest and if he has appeared in the extremely few Dortmund matches I've seen then he's obviously not stood out enough for me to notice.

I have however seen Thorgan Hazard who seems to have developed quite well and we still have a buy back clause on him I believe. Dortmund are reportedly looking to sign him to replace Pulisic, I'm guessing they know something we don't. 
Thorgan Hazard is 5 years older than Pulisic though. T.Hazard isn't a prospect any longer. I'm not sure how good he is now, but Pulisic at 20 years old has a high ceiling. Whether he can become a top player, who knows. I certainly do not want Hudson-Odoi sold for him though. If we end up doing that it will piss me off. If it ends up being Pulisic coming in to replace Hazard, that's even more of a retarded move from the club. I would like to think the board are smarter than that, but I really don't know any more. The club needs a football director ASAP. There's business people up above and I feel they are solely acting on increasing business at the club, not so much showing the ambition they should be and signing world class players. 

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I think this is being read into way too much.

There is no reason you could not start next year CHO on the left, Hazard false 9, and Pulisic on the right.  Pedro is 31, Willian is 30, Giroud is 32, and Morata's not good enough, we need some long term options, and more than 1.  We don't have 1 single player that's considered a front 3 player that I feel like in 13 months is more likely to be here than not.  There's a lot of work to be done.

Bringing in a 20 year old attacker with Champion's League experience is a good thing, yet many are worrying.

 
Pay Premium to buy a good prospect, if he turns out to be 80% of what we were hoping, we'd get that investment back easily in a few years if we want to.

 
Even though that was a joke, Malouda has been IMMENSE under Hiddink. 

 
Last edited by a moderator:
We loaned him back to them?

Oh yeah because we aren't lacking forward options at all right now, huh?

 
Unless this was a condition of the signing, I do question the wisdom of loaning him back to Dortmund considering that he's fallen out of favour there, and Dortmund now have even less motivation to give him game time. It seems even more questionable considering the personnel issues we are experiencing in the final third...

That said, while I know next-to-nothing about him, it's hard not to get excited about a vaunted young prospect. This, if nothing else, shows some level of ambition from the board. I certainly hope this helps Hazard make his mind up!

 
We loaned him back to them?

Oh yeah because we aren't lacking forward options at all right now, huh?
I doubt we just volunteered it out of generosity it was probably a condition of the signing. What I don't know is if the board thought he is teh best player available for 58 million or if it's partly a marketing ploy to gain more American fans 

 
He's been linked with Chelsea in the past, he'd be a terrific long term target for a right side attacker. If the price is £65M, he may sell that in the US alone in Jerseys

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/christian-pulisic-talks-chelsea-over-13001629

One of the things I like best about him, is the US media has stopped trying to force feed the next big thing in Football, and Pulisic has quietly become the best field player the states has ever produced (not a long list, I know). 

My friends ask me who he compares to, and a year ago, I said his ceiling would be Eden Hazard. Obviously that's best case, but Pulisic's strength is taking on defenders 1v1. He just walks by them, and he's similar in stature to Hazard (no where near as strong yet).

I watched every Dortmund game that he started last year, and every game Michy played in. I'd love to have him playing under Sarri.
350.png


 
£58m? You have got to be kidding me right? Good luck to him and I hope he proves me wrong, but I'm clearly not seeing what the club see in him to justify that amount. He can't even get into Dortmund's first 11 and hasn't scored more than 5 goals in a single season. He's pretty much still a youngster learning the game like Hudson-Odoi. Okay, he's got 2 years of experience on Hudson-Odoi, but I think Hudson-Odoi can achieve just as much, maybe even more, in a similar amount of time if he was given the chance.

If he was that great, surely Dortmund wouldn't have relegated him to squad player. I really hope the club haven't pulled off another Bakayoko / Morata moment.

 
I think we paid a lot yet also think he will be a good signing for us.

Can't help but think we need fresh faces now rather than in the summer.

 
Likely to miss the start of our pre-season due to featuring in the Gold Cup with USA. Makes even less sense why we didn't bring him in this year to half 6 months to get into our idea of football. £60m for a player who likely won't be ready until 9 months after we've bought him.

 
Back
Top