Luca Vialli
First Team Squad
- Messages
- 1,019
- Reaction score
- 984
People said the same thing about Oscar and he's been fine.No way, he hasn't set Spain alight and I think he'd struggle with how physical the EPL is.
People said the same thing about Oscar and he's been fine.No way, he hasn't set Spain alight and I think he'd struggle with how physical the EPL is.
Exactly. It's like asking a girl to marry you, she turns you down, and then a year later you think "was it a mistake not to marry her"?I wouldnt say it was a mistake because we tried and he turned up down. We didnt pull the plug so not a mistake.
From what i read it, Neymar was our number 1 target and when he turned us down we moved on to Torres. So looking back was that a mistake? Oh hell YES!
Me too.I fully expect Hazard to eventually move on to one of the La Liga giants in a few years (hopefully, not for a while).
Messi?If we would have bought him we would never have signed Hazard, and I wouldn't swap Hazard for anyone
Klose is the the joint top World Cup scorer of all time but he's not exactly been a great player. Neymar has struggled at club level and for me to be truly great you have to prove yourself at both.I don't know if you can class being Brazil's all time 6th highest goalscorer at 22 as being overrated.
Neymar is a different style of player for one and he's much more slight than Oscar. Nit to mention he spends a lot of time on his arse.People said the same thing about Oscar and he's been fine.
Messi would be the exception. IMO the greatest ever footballerMessi?
Agree there on ageThe only doubt i would have about swapping Ronaldo for Hazard is the age. Ronaldo is by far a better play but is on the down side now of his playing days where as Hazard still have some time left to go.
Kind of pulling to that side of it too Zola.I dont think Hazard will ever get near Messi or Ronaldo in terms of ability, consistency etc.
Struggled at club level? He scored 151 goals in 266 games. He had a decent start to la Liga, but hasn't been as impressive since the turn of the year. He still scored 15 in 41 all from open play in his first season in Europe. Hazard scored 17 in 49 last including pens.Klose is the the joint top World Cup scorer of all time but he's not exactly been a great player. Neymar has struggled at club level and for me to be truly great you have to prove yourself at both.
Neymar is a different style of player for one and he's much more slight than Oscar. Nit to mention he spends a lot of time on his arse.
Agree with that.Struggled at club level? He scored 151 goals in 266 games. He had a decent start to la Liga, but hasn't been as impressive since the turn of the year. He still scored 15 in 41 all from open play in his first season in Europe. Hazard scored 17 in 49 last including pens.
I'm not sure what else you would expect from him.
OscarNeed to remember this was a 21 year old Kid who had never played outside of Brazil. He was never going to be amazing from the get go…look at guys like Rivaldo, Ronaldinho ect who took time to settle in.
Klose is a fantastic goal scorer, I've always liked him personally.Klose is the the joint top World Cup scorer of all time but he's not exactly been a great player. Neymar has struggled at club level and for me to be truly great you have to prove yourself at both.
Then you are either Belgian, Hazard's family member or crazy.I wouldnt swap Hazard for Messi