Diego Costa and Cesc Fabregas

JMaher94

First Team Regular
Messages
2,939
Reaction score
730
I know we have already got a thread on them both but my word they have both phenomenal since Hiddink's arrival, they along with Willian have really pulled us out of trouble. Still means for improvement but much better from our spaniards Aside from JT, these two are the leaders of the squad and it shows with their performances and the constant geeing up of the team. Costa has now scored 9 in 12 games including the last four at home and Fabregas is turning the screw in every single match.

Not going to turn this into a Mourinho thread so I won't mention him even though I do miss him but for all the moans and groans about who he sold, I sure am happy that he signed us these two.

 
Costa is best striker we had since Drogba. Fabregas is excellent too. Two solid signings from JM.

I wish Matic start playing like he did 2 years ago. I'm puzzled about him as much as I'm puzzled about Hazard.

 
Costa is best striker we had since Drogba. Fabregas is excellent too. Two solid signings from JM.

I wish Matic start playing like he did 2 years ago. I'm puzzled about him as much as I'm puzzled about Hazard.
I think people blamed Costa and Fabregas for Mourinho's downfall far too much where in my opinion players like Hazard, Matic and Oscar were more to blame.

 
I think people blamed Costa and Fabregas for Mourinho's downfall far too much where in my opinion players like Hazard, Matic and Oscar were more to blame.
Costa's lack of professionalism is why fans were angry at him.

He returns to pre-season training overweight and admits this later on in the season. Throws his warmup bib in Jose's direction against Tottenham, when he opted to not bring him on in the latter stages of that match and he reportedly had a fight with the manager in a Champions League match in Tel Aviv.

Costa's lack of professionalism was bordering on unforgivable and I certainly don't see him in the same light as I once did despite his good recent form.

I always thought Fabregas received very harsh treatment from the supporters for the downfall of the manager even if his performances were very poor during the season. He wasn't the only one who wasn't performing to expectations at the time.

 
I think people blamed Costa and Fabregas for Mourinho's downfall far too much where in my opinion players like Hazard, Matic and Oscar were more to blame.
I think Costa deserved the criticism he got to be honest. He was so out of shape when the season began, he put on so much weight. I'm shocked he managed to put on so much weight in such a short amount of time. It took him a few months to get rid of the weight and it was like the team was playing with another finished striker.

 
I think Costa deserved the criticism he got to be honest. He was so out of shape when the season began, he put on so much weight. I'm shocked he managed to put on so much weight in such a short amount of time. It took him a few months to get rid of the weight and it was like the team was playing with another finished striker.
7c597252241de3996aede781930fc666.png


Need I say more.

 
I think there are a lot of players that contributed to jose's sacking, costa's unprofessionalism was pretty shocking.

 
Like beauty and the beast.

But if anyone else calls Cesc a beast I'll rip their lungs out.

 
I think there are a lot of players that contributed to jose's sacking, costa's unprofessionalism was pretty shocking.
Bad enough certain players acted unprofessional/spoilt brats to get the manager the sack but.... sorry in my eyes certain players will never be forgiven. I struggle to recall ever hating a Chelsea player. It is clear Costa, Fabregas, Pedro are now playing well. I think Hazard must have not realised JM had gone till someone told him yesterday. I thought we built the club on team spirit not individuals.

 
I still think costa is not ideal for us.. he got big attitude and ego problem but the main point is he's a player who very much depending on how good his surrounding is which I think for a club like chelsea deserves better than that.. 

We got a highlight earlier about how washed up he can be and despite his 'real' age, doesn't he look just plain old? Look how easily he got all chubby.. so if we can get a refund next summer from atletico madrid then we should go for it.. you don't wanna wait until he throws his dummy out again.. 

 
Costa was rightfully reprimanded by fans for his early season form.  I knew it was over for JM when Costa flicked the bib.  Just lack of respect for the man that calls the shots in full display, right in front of abramovich.  Something had to be done.  

With that said he has been great down the stretch and has really turned a corner.  I do not mind his approach on the pitch.  He's a villain of sorts but plays with such passion which can be rare.  Fabregas has likewise been sublime down the stretch, but is limited in his role.  When given space and opportunities to make plays, he is world class.  But it's difficult for him to create when pressed.  

If Conte comes I can see Cesc filling the Pirlo role which others have said elsewhere.  We could really see him blossom in that event.  

What is shocking is Hazard.  I have never seen a dip in form so severe and so lengthy.  he hardly runs at defenders anymore.  He's always receiving the ball deep and dribbling backwards it seems.  Perhaps I was just so spoiled last year with his amazing play.  I really hope he can turn it around.  

 
I rate both players, but as characters not so much...really downed tools when the season was going tits up and as much as I enjoy watching them now, as I did last season, it also offends me how much harder they're trying etc...just feels a bit of an insult

 
I still think costa is not ideal for us.. he got big attitude and ego problem but the main point is he's a player who very much depending on how good his surrounding is which I think for a club like chelsea deserves better than that..
Another poster pointed out on the forum that Diego has contributed directly to 14 goals in his last 12 games.

For a club sitting 13th in the league what more could you ask for?

With no Champions League football to offer next season who, realistically, do you think we could sign that could contribute a similar or better threat?

Even if we did have European football who could you get, it's taken a decade almost to find a player as prolific as Diego.

 
I think they'll both stay, surely there cannot be any greater motivation for players of their levels to want to prove they deserve to play ucl. Rather than leave for a club that has it, they'll lead us to it next season. If the manager be it Conte or whoever can get the best out of them like José last season and Guus currently then we should be fine.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
The quicker Costa is gone the better, that's all I have to say about him.

Cesc is the only player we have who can do what he does, the trouble is he doesn't do it all of the time, or rather he isn't allowed to do it all of the time, especially against the top teams when we have very little possession.

I wouldn't be upset if both were to leave if we are going to rebuild the team with a new manager at the helm.

 
The quicker Costa is gone the better, that's all I have to say about him.

Cesc is the only player we have who can do what he does, the trouble is he doesn't do it all of the time, or rather he isn't allowed to do it all of the time, especially against the top teams when we have very little possession.

I wouldn't be upset if both were to leave if we are going to rebuild the team with a new manager at the helm.
I'm as pissed off as anyone at Costa for turning up fat and out-of-shape at the start of the season, and Cesc has never been my favourite either but both have actually responded well to the criticism they were getting.

The issue though is that who can we get who is better than them and who can we get who fits the new coach's ideas? If it's Simeone then Costa is the perfect fit for what he wants isn't he? He knows what's required of him and I don't think we'd be in a position to buy anyone else. If it's Conte, he fits that too but so does Fabregas if we move to a 352.

Honestly there are about 10 players I'd sell before either of those guys, and I actually think one of them is Eden Hazard. 

 
Back
Top