Do you think Liverpool will hand us the title?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anders

In the Ressies
Messages
529
Reaction score
4
Like we're all aware of, we'll face Liverpool at Anfield in two weeks which will be an extremely decisive game for the title. I've spoken to some Liverpool fans and some of them want Liverpool to field a weakend team to prevent Man Utd getting their 19th league title. So my question is, if Liverpool can't get the 4th and is through to the finals in EL, will Benitez field a team without their best players and make it all easier for us?

Personally I think they won't risk to much, like playing Torres who isn't 100% fit etc.

 
I think Benitez might rest players but it will have nothing to do with Utd's record and everything to do with the Europa Cup.

 
will be mixed emotions for them but they will definitely try beat us, for pride if nothing else

 
Like we're all aware of, we'll face Liverpool at Anfield in two weeks which will be an extremely decisive game for the title. I've spoken to some Liverpool fans and some of them want Liverpool to field a weakend team to prevent Man Utd getting their 19th league title. So my question is, if Liverpool can't get the 4th and is through to the finals in EL, will Benitez field a team without their best players and make it all easier for us?Personally I think they won't risk to much, like playing Torres who isn't 100% fit etc.
Liverpool fans might say that but Benitez and the team won't simply walk us through it. This will be discussed in the press before the game for sure, and I doubt we'll be given much leeway. We might get a bit lucky if Torres can't play two games a week but that's it.

 
i dont think they are good enough to have impact on the title what so ever.

 
do you think liverpool will hand us the title
no of course they wont.

i think we are going to have to go up there and win if we are going to win the title though.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
i dont think they are good enough to have impact on the title what so ever.
Oh so we haven't lost 6 times already this season including defeats to giants like Wigan?

The sooner you realise we're not that good and have been extremely lucky this season the easier it will be to cope with not winning the league.

 
The way things are going they might have to beat us to have a chance at fourth place so I really don't think they will let us win. On the contrary I think that game will be extremely tough.

 
The way things are going they might have to beat us to have a chance at fourth place so I really don't think they will let us win. On the contrary I think that game will be extremely tough.
Bear in mind that our game with them is sandwiched between their semi final games.

 
Oh so we haven't lost 6 times already this season including defeats to giants like Wigan?The sooner you realise we're not that good and have been extremely lucky this season the easier it will be to cope with not winning the league.
We are not a great team and have had a fair share of luck/badluck but don't you think Man UTD and Arsenal have had the same fair share? I have seen both of these nick undeserved results in extra time and get undeserved Referees decisions for and against the same as I have seen us.

what is measurable against the two main contenders that puts the race into perspective is our direct results against them. who would be lucky to win the title out of the three when you take that into account?

 
The way things are going they might have to beat us to have a chance at fourth place so I really don't think they will let us win. On the contrary I think that game will be extremely tough.
For that to happen, the dippers would have to win their last 4 games, and spuds would need to drop 9 points from their last 12 (1 win- 3 losses), and even if both those things happened, they would still need citeh to drop 5 ponts from their last 12 (2 wins- 1 draw- 1 loss). Possible, but highly improbable that all 3 will happen.

Hopefully Spuds will more or less be guaranteed to finish above the dippers, meaning no CL for Gerrard.

 
I don't think their management or players will allow them to rollover, however what is true there isn't a Liverpool fan anywhere who would want them to beat us if it meant United winning the league.

I'm quite relaxed about things because I never expected us to be a point clear with three games to go, in the same way I never expected in a million years we'd be in a good position to win the double.

All our players must have the desire and motivation to win it, however going on the Bolton and Spurs games handling pressure personal ability has to be questioned.

There is no doubt our squad needs freshening up, I have a hunch this last 3 games will prove that, but I hope I am wrong.

I get the feeling as fans the Chelsea team that turn up at Anfield will be the niggling moaning one that turned up against Inter, when all we need is the side that thumped them in the Champions League last season.

What I don't see anymore is JT leading in voice and respect of those around him, it may be me but the Wayne Bridge affair has taken it's toll on our skipper and his red card yesterday might just be a blessing in disquise.

 
What I don't see anymore is JT leading in voice and respect of those around him, it may be me but the Wayne Bridge affair has taken it's toll on our skipper and his red card yesterday might just be a blessing in disquise.
That I agree with entirely. When JT was leading the team to the best of his ability he was barking orders left, right and centre. he was in total command of the team and you almost sensed players were scared to play badly because they would feel they had let Terry down or that would get a rollicking.

Now I feel he plays his game and seems more determined to get on with things quietly and keep his head down. That is fine and well if you not captain but is not what is requird when the troops need rallying and when we perform like we did yesterday.

 
That I agree with entirely. When JT was leading the team to the best of his ability he was barking orders left, right and centre. he was in total command of the team and you almost sensed players were scared to play badly because they would feel they had let Terry down or that would get a rollicking. Now I feel he plays his game and seems more determined to get on with things quietly and keep his head down. That is fine and well if you not captain but is not what is requird when the troops need rallying and when we perform like we did yesterday.
I agree. But who else do we have (except maybe Ballack) who would bark orders at the players like that?

 
They won't bend over for us. However if we can't beat Liverpool team without Torres, we may as well delivery the trophy to OT in our team bus.

 
i thing is best of best if spurs take a point at OT

about sunderland and stoke they have 0.1%

sunderland stiven bruce ex-man utd player and richardson :P

 
I agree. But who else do we have (except maybe Ballack) who would bark orders at the players like that?
To be honest nobody. My hope is that we stumble over the line to win the league and that JT makes the most of the time he has off after the World Cup to get his head together and return for the new season as the captain he used to be.

 
Don't see anyone else barking orders other than JT, but he hasn't been doing that recently..

I feel we also need to focus on the two homegames against Stoke and Wigan aswell. We cannot afford to slip up and the team is by far to unpredictable these days. The suspense is almost killing me. Not for the faint hearted this..

 
We should not be looking for any favors. Thats defeatist attitude. We're already guilty of letting other teams' results have an impact in our attitudes (Scholes' last minute winner definitely had an impact on the players) therefore its high time now to forget everybody else and concentrate on ourselves.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top