Dominic Solanke

Came here after the Tammy thread where Don was mentioned a few times. The lack of a loan surely means he's off in the summer for good with no new contract.  Not sure which squad he is even training with at the moment? It's disappointing all around. 
If the club rated him that highly I'm sure they would have offered him a contract by now. We'll receive a substantial development fee if he stays in England so it wouldn't surprise me he leaves for Celtic or Rangers next season.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I read that we wanted to give him a contract but he wanted insane money for someone his age and inexperience.

 
If the club rated him that highly I'm sure they would have offered him a contract by now. We'll receive a substantial development fee if he stays in England so it wouldn't surprise me he leaves for Celtic or Rangers next season.
They want him to sign a new contract however there is a disparity between how much he wants and how much we want to give to him and you also think that Solanke on his half is holding out for money for assurance that we see him as a big part of our future plans.

Stupid decision on his part, will make nowhere near the wage he could have if he stayed and going that long without playing games regularly at his age is quite concerning
I wouldn't jump to conclusions yet, simply because we have seen players sign contracts at us simply for money before and never actually go on to make it. He for instance might not see a path to being a regular here and might end up going to a team who offer him more first team opportunities. I will actually have a bit of respect for him if he ends up moving to a team where he earns less but could of earn more if he stayed here. Let's see come the end of this, what happens and then I will make judgement because in reality he is quite a far way behind our other strikers such as Costa, Batshuayi, Abraham and Traore probably too.

 
Liverpool willing to pay the 8m compensation fee for Solanke. There is no way they'll be able to match his wage demands so i'm not too sure why Solanke would go there rather than sign a new contract here..?
Is he anymore likely to get playing time at Liverpool than he is at Chelsea? He'd presumably be behind Firmino, Sturridge, Ings and Origi. 

 
Shame, as he had/has great potential, but I think we set the wrong precedance giving RLC such a big contract when he's done nothing to warrant it yet, and Solanke presumably wants the same. But if a 30m international striker can't even get more than a few seconds at the end of games, he has no hope in hell of playing here.

 
He may go there with less wage due to more chance of playing time? Tbh I don't really care, a season ago I would've , I felt he was one of our most promising lads, now we have batman and Abraham . 

 
I'd 1000000% be taking an 8mil comp fee for him if that rumour is true.

i was the same thinking he was the future for us but Tammy has definitely shot past him on that aspect and Bertrand is probably still ahead of him as well.

It's hard to see where he'd get a look in here and for those wage demands, good riddance. Although if he moves to Liverpool it's 100% not about playing time as he'll be way down their pecking order as well!

 
Any ideas where he's off to this summer? Will we be selling him, or will it be a free transfer?

 
That would be phenomenal but swap deals are not so common, make it a little unrealistic
I don't think it would be swap deal per se - the compensation payment to us for Solanke would be via tribunal, Tierney would be a separate transaction that just happens to involve the two clubs. Celtic (who value Tierney at 17m) would essentially make a profit and get Solanke for free

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think it would be swap deal per se - the compensation payment to us for Solanke would be via tribunal, Kierney would be a separate transaction that just happens to involve the two clubs). Celtic (who value Tierney at 17m) would essentially make a profit and get Solanke for free
wink wink eh? I'm all for Tierney signing here, I think he'd be good to spell Alonso or play when we need to be less active going forward. Plus when he makes it big there's another player Wenger can add to the 'I tried to sign him' list. 

 
wink wink eh? I'm all for Tierney signing here, I think he'd be good to spell Alonso or play when we need to be less active going forward. Plus when he makes it big there's another player Wenger can add to the 'I tried to sign him' list. 
Looks pretty good for a 19 year old. I'm all for us signing a few British players, i think it's important to have a few of them in the team. If he'd be okay being Alonso's backup, i think it would be a good signing, especially if the figure is under £15m.

 
Can see Solanke tearing up the scottish league (not hard) may aswell get a young british prospect in return as cover for Alonso In Tierney

 
Would still love Solanke to stay but Abraham, Brown and maybe Ugbo have all moved ahead...

reckon this could all balance on if someone comes in for Moussa Dembele... another one of those transfers that could be sparked if Lukaku moves  for example .. roundabout of top strikers ...

 
Back
Top