Drogba once again confirms June departure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Under Jose he is irreplceable with the attack build around him, he is still untouchable now because Grant is still copy/paste Jose's approach. With a new formation/approach next season we will be able to replace him, may even have a few pounds left with his sell. We stuck with him for 2 years when he was ordinary, he had one great season and he's too good for us ( at least thats how to media portrayed it). He wanted to have an operation before the ANC and we let him, and he is still talking Cr@ps.. He is a very good player, and thats about it, if we spend wisely, we will buy another very good player and hopefully he wont be talking $hit every week..

 
Credit to Jose for keeping the faith with DD through all this time but i believe Mourinho made a mistake of putting too many eggs in one basket, so to speak. Those CL semifinals against Liverpool are great examples of how short of the ideas we were once 'Drogba plan' upfront wasn't working.
That was Mourinho's strategy. He deliberately built the team to be reliant on X player to do X role well as opposed to say Wenger whose side attacks as more of a collective unit that get around over reliance on one player through movement and passing.
I must say i personally prefer the Wenger's system for simple reason that in case player X is unable to perform his best or is simply missing there are other alternatives. Van Persie who is arguably their best striker has been away with an injury for quite some time and they'd hardly missed a bit.
Both systems have their positives and negatives. But I am over time comming around more to that way of thinking. I think even Mourinho was too to the extent he dropped the 4-3-3 in favour of various adoptions of the 4-4-2.

 
Good ridance, we don't need bad eggs at our club if we're going to make good omelette's.
Claudio, is that you? Oh how we've missed your press conferences!
icon_wink.gif


 
Where's the "I've got to quit in the summer" quote? That normally appears in every headline and article when he's on international duty.

 
Okay by sheer fluke, I have now finally seen this Eurosport interview.

Trouble is it was in French with an Engish voice over and they only played a small section of it.

But it seems to me that he did say that so it's not a rehashed old comment after all.

He also talked about his playing for the ANC etc as per the article above.

 
If he signed a contract to show his commital to the club, then I would take back all I have said. Until then, I don't appreciate the way he has spoken about the club, nor that he has never said anything to deny/ confirm the old stories!

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top