Edson Alvarez

We had all summer but chose to put in a bid on the last day of the Dutch transfer window. SMH
200.gif


 
Someone mentioned Florian Grillitsch recently. I raised this guy ages ago but don't know how to find my old posts but apparently this guy is still a free agent.

Am I being obtuse but is this guy now one day from being unemployed.  Surely we can take him on at a decent wage to at least give us cover. He looks mobile and able, so what's to lose.
I did. Doesn’t even have to be our customary 5yr contract, I reckon he will sign up even for 2yrs just to be able to play in the PL & CL. But he is free, and we only do big money signings.

 
Why 50m for this guy... How much would Tielemans cost. He is versatile and can play as a DLP or AM. I doubt Liecester price him for than 30m
Because we need a DM to be able to play a back 4 not a DLP. Sterling has told Tuchel we are not aggressive enough in the final 3rd with a back 5, and he has started scoring since the manager switched to a back 4.

 
Think he will have to be more firm than just to demand they let him go. May need to have all their cloggs dossed in petrol with a light in hand...

 
I believe the transfer window in the Dutch league closes tonight at midnight, so A**x would not be able to sign a replacement. Seems highly unlikely and feels like a really desperate move this late in the window. Why did we wait until now?

 
I believe the transfer window in the Dutch league closes tonight at midnight, so A**x would not be able to sign a replacement. Seems highly unlikely and feels like a really desperate move this late in the window. Why did we wait until now?
You are correct mate, on both counts and the question. The other player we want is also from the Dutch league and is the Ivory Coasts answer to Baka.

Just over 24 hours to save the first half of our season, you spent over a quarter of a billion already bit is not enough for CL football next season so we need more, no pressure Todd. 

 
How can we have spent the most money bit look worse off than Arsenal, Spurs, United and maybe even Newcastle?
I think the way we look is more based on our overall system and form than the players we have brought in.

 
I believe the transfer window in the Dutch league closes tonight at midnight, so A**x would not be able to sign a replacement. Seems highly unlikely and feels like a really desperate move this late in the window. Why did we wait until now?
Presumably Ziyech is not moving then if the Dutch window closes in 1 1/2 hours and nobody else is interested in him.

 
Do we think Edson would bring Mexican fans flocking to the club like his North American cousin has?

He's certainly a tall and physical dm but it seems strange to go for him so late in the window.

And I'm concerned why Ten Haag hasn't gone for him given he's tried to sign half the A**x team this summer and desperately needed a DM.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top