Emanalo The Problem

Wow, just read the news, I did not see that coming. No idea what to make of it, except I'm looking forward to the next few transfer windows  :laugh2:  "The board" will still be there to get the blame for us not signing whatever huge name for £200 million  :rolleyes:

 
Wasn't he promoted to director in 2010/11 ? And since Carlo's 2nd season we've had a very thin squad I thought. Although luckily we haven't been plagued with injuries until this very season. 
Yes I always wondered what our obsession with small squads was about.

The 2012/13, Oscar played almost 65 matches because we didn’t have too many midfielders. I wonder if that hindered his development. I’m not sure if the coach of the backroom staff prefer smaller squads but we always seem to be lacking in terms of squad rotation.

 
Yes I always wondered what our obsession with small squads was about.

The 2012/13, Oscar played almost 65 matches because we didn’t have too many midfielders. I wonder if that hindered his development. I’m not sure if the coach of the backroom staff prefer smaller squads but we always seem to be lacking in terms of squad rotation.
Because the problem is that we decide to loan out far too many players that sometimes we coul dhave just had at the squad training with us because they hardly get to play on the team they're loaned too anyway

 
http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2017/11/chelsea-tv-exclusive--emenalo-on-standing-down.html?extcmp=SOCIA_FB_ENG

"It is something I have been thinking about for quite some time now and it is something I have discussed with my family and they understand the reasons and the timing for wanting to step aside. But this is not a knee-jerk reaction or decision, it has been on my mind and it has been thoroughly discussed amongst friends and colleagues that this is what I wanted to do..."

Not a sudden choice to quit then

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes in life, things are seen to have run their course before they go stale. Maybe a new brain on the footballing side of the board will innovate new ideas in the direction of the club on and off  the pitch. Emenalo appears to have done a good job on the whole for us but having overseen numerous managers in a short period maybe his position should be up for question too. Hopefully it is someone who can build a good relationship with Conte and the pair can lead us to future success.

 
Would be good to bring in someone with some Chelsea history.

 
Seriously Ray, have you been watching Matic this past year and a half.

We got a younger better player IMO and probably £10M in change.

 
There dies the "Emenalo secretly wants the Chelsea manager job" conspiracy theory.

I have no clue how good of a thing this is. We have won 3 titles, an fa cup, league cup & CL and EL trophies with him in the role of technical director. He might have appeared slimy but you can't say the club hasn't had success.
I'd love to know who takes the credit for putting the winning teams together, I can't believe that Emenalo has the final decision as to who the club buys; I'm assuming the scouts report to him, he consults with the manager and then speaks to the men / women at the top?.  In any event, he certainly wasn't the one doing the coaching and instrumental in filling up the trophy cabinet to ensure the team had success. 

 
Interesting to see who will get blamed going forward
Call me nostalgic but I'm going back to blaming Kenyon.

Best of luck to him. Some big hits and some big misses. I don't think anyone forgave him for replacing Ray Wilkins, which I'm sure was never his decision.

 I'd like to see an overhaul include more power for the manager and a genuine sporting director perhaps a Marotta from Juve combined with a proper head scout like Sven Mislintat from Dortmund. But that would require Marina stepping back which is unlikely.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
To be fair I trust Emenalo more than Wilkins. Not knowing how things have actually gone behind the scenes....
Well, you say this, but you also credit Emenalo for near enough everything positive that happened in the club. How can we criticise people for criticising Emenalo on the technicality of "We don't what happens behind the scenes" while praising him for anything positive that happened? It works both ways. 

What's to say Wilkins was worse than Emenalo? I actually remember when Wilkins left we couldn't stop losing games for quite some time, we lost 3-0 to Sunderland at the Bridge. 

 
Yes I always wondered what our obsession with small squads was about.

The 2012/13, Oscar played almost 65 matches because we didn’t have too many midfielders. I wonder if that hindered his development. I’m not sure if the coach of the backroom staff prefer smaller squads but we always seem to be lacking in terms of squad rotation.
We let go of many many players in 2010/2011 season, Ballack, Carvalho, Deco etc. Without really replacing them, we signed Ramires, Benyaoun and Turnbull??? Since then we've been keeping the squad very thin to our much larger squads before then I think. Especially under Jose Mourinho. 

 
i wanted to keep the thread i made positive, so thought i'd put this here: 
I used to sing the Wilkins song week after week at The Bridge. (Same as the Ossie song with Wilkins, not Osgood.) I was a fan.

As an observer of the game however, he is clueless. He talks in cliches and his comments often seem entirely divorced from what he's commenting on. Everything he says in that interview is Jurasic nonsense. As for Townsend agreeing with him about Matic!!

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top