Emotional movies

I really thought Good Will Hunting was incredibly over-rated.  In fact I can remember little of it, except I thought it was over-rated.

 
million dollar baby that got me a weeping

and united 93 since i know what will happen to them from the beginning it's really tough

 
I'm with BeerQueen on this one.  I think I may even have fallen asleep in the middle of it!

 
As mentioned in another thread.. The Railway Man. This sort of film makes me a right mess. Wouldn't dare go to a cinema to watch it.

 
I'm like Moi, in that I rarely cry watching a movie.

Two that did are:

a)  Bang the Drum Slowly (With a very young Robert DeNiro); and

b)  Somewhere in Time (With a fabulously beautiful Jane Seymour).

 
I get a bit emotional (in a very manly way, of course...) at the end of 'The Dambusters' (bear with me) when Gibson tells Wallis that he has to go and write to the parents and wives of the dead airman.

I got caught today (unexpectedly) when watching a film on Film4 called 'The Thin Grey Line'. In the film, Tyrone Power and Maureen O'Hara played a married couple and her death from old age and his reaction, while understated, was very moving.

 
I really thought Good Will Hunting was incredibly over-rated.  In fact I can remember little of it, except I thought it was over-rated.
Largely agree other than that ridiculous 'how do you like them apples?' scene.

(edit: punctuation)

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I really thought Good Will Hunting was incredibly over-rated. In fact I can remember little of it, except I thought it was over-rated.
Saw it for the first time the other day and didn't get it... then again I'm used to Matt Damon being a good guy and not a prick so...
 
We recently watched Away From Her, heart achingly sad, but so good to see an older Julie Christie on screen.

 
Back
Top