Facundo Bounanotte - Loan agreed.

If this is a loan I hope we’re gonna put the serious money into a keeper or centre back

 
If this is a loan I hope we’re gonna put the serious money into a keeper or centre back
I have been thinking about the CB, maybe this could be it.

This signing could be what we had with Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall. Backup for a year and move on.

 
Here are what I think the thought process behind this could be, narrowed it down to 3 possibilities:

  1. We're getting a loan AM because we've decided to use the money to strengthen elsewhere
  2. Jackson is staying so we don't have the money to buy anyone else
  3. We've lost our heads
Here's another one, they don't know how to negotiate once another club gets involved so they back out entirely and switch targets. Almost every single one of their signings are uncontested. Caicedo and Lavia were the only ones, and we had to pay big to get those two over the line.

 
What should have happened is we should have bought Simons or Fermin with the Nkunku money then loaned Garnacho.
So when Quenda comes next season we can send Nacho back to Utd and had Simons/Fermin as permanents. Then concentrate on filling in other weakness with next seasons money.

Instead we've bought Garnacho ignored Simons and Fermin and Loaned Bounanotte.
So when Quenda comes next season we have too many left sided wingers and will need to sell/loan one, then need to buy a new number 10 cause bum-a-knotie is a flop.

Is there no youth player that could take up this role?

 
Here's another one, they don't know how to negotiate once another club gets involved so they back out entirely and switch targets. Almost every single one of their signings are uncontested. Caicedo and Lavia were the only ones, and we had to pay big to get those two over the line.
Can't see this at all, we already had the deal done with the player who had, apparently, turned down a few other clubs because he wanted to come to us. All we had to do was match Spurs' offer and we'd have gotten him.

 
I actually watched a lot of this guy as for me he was the best player at Leicester. I am not sure he is quite ready for the step up but he is a very good player, good in tight spaces in the final third. Can produce the magic needed to break down teams but others will need to do some heavy lifting to compensate as he's still quite raw.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Even on loan this is a strange one. Do we really need squad fillers?
Pedro/Delap​
Neto/Garnacho/Gittens Palmer/Pedro/Bounanotte Estevao/Neto/Palmer​
​
Gittens really does look like an utter waste of signing when you consider Simons. (100% we are loaning him next summer if he doesn't exceed Mudryk levels of influence)​
​
 
Even on loan this is a strange one. Do we really need squad fillers?
Pedro/Delap​
Neto/Garnacho/Gittens Palmer/Pedro/Bounanotte Estevao/Neto/Palmer​
​
Gittens really does look like an utter waste of signing when you consider Simons. (100% we are loaning him next summer if he doesn't exceed Mudryk levels of influence)​
​
 
I actually watched a lot of this guy as for me he was the best player at Leicester. I am not sure he is quite ready for the step up but he is a very good player, good in tight spaces in the final third. Can produce the magic needed to break down teams but others will need to do some heavy lifting to compensate as he's still quite raw.
Why do you watch a lot of Leicester? Genuinely asking.

 
I actually watched a lot of this guy as for me he was the best player at Leicester. I am not sure he is quite ready for the step up but he is a very good player, good in tight spaces in the final third. Can produce the magic needed to break down teams but others will need to do some heavy lifting to compensate as he's still quite raw.
I agree he is not a bad player and has an eye for goal. Just not quite sure why we need him at the moment. If anything I would rather see us pick up a midfielder to cover for Lavia's eternal unavailability.

 
Can't see this at all, we already had the deal done with the player who had, apparently, turned down a few other clubs because he wanted to come to us. All we had to do was match Spurs' offer and we'd have gotten him.
Deal done with the player, but not the club. Tottenham were probably willing to put more money into the deal if it was necessary, we likely weren't interested in a bidding war. We've been hearing for over a month that Nkunku and Jackson need to go first, so despite all of these deals, we're not as financially secure as some would like to believe. A bidding war is not something we can afford to do.

 
Pedro/Delap​
Neto/Garnacho/Gittens Palmer/Pedro/Bounanotte Estevao/Neto/Palmer​
​
Gittens really does look like an utter waste of signing when you consider Simons. (100% we are loaning him next summer if he doesn't exceed Mudryk levels of influence)​
​
I think we signed Gittens based on age, lower wage demands and the fact that he probably counts as homegrown. I suspect they hope to flip him like Madueke in a few years.

 
Wasn't watching for Leicester, I was watching cause I think Buonanotte is very talented.
He impressed me more than the previous Brighton player that we tried to sign - Enciso.

 
Pedro/Delap​
Neto/Garnacho/Gittens Palmer/Pedro/Bounanotte Estevao/Neto/Palmer​
​
Gittens really does look like an utter waste of signing when you consider Simons. (100% we are loaning him next summer if he doesn't exceed Mudryk levels of influence)​
​
100%? So it's guarenteed then....

How about we make it interesting.

If we do end up loaning him next summer, I will donate £50 to the forum.

If we don't end up loaning him next summer (which you suggest is 100% impossible) then you donate £50 to the forum.

Deal?

 
Wasn't watching for Leicester, I was watching cause I think Buonanotte is very talented.
Wow... that's dedication - watching a lot of dreadful Leicester football - only so you can follow a relatively unknown Brighton player who is on loan....

I'm not sure if I admire the dedication or pity you 🤣

 
I agree he is not a bad player and has an eye for goal. Just not quite sure why we need him at the moment. If anything I would rather see us pick up a midfielder to cover for Lavia's eternal unavailability.
It's no doubt a strange move despite me rating him highly, we could have just kept Paez if we needed depth.

 
Back
Top