Chippy
Thanks Jose, Thanks Robbie, Roman never deserved y
- Messages
- 8,569
- Reaction score
- 485
After a couple of days mulling over whats gone on, posting my disgust at the way Robbie has been treated, digging out Torres for being a factor and genuinely being surprised at the acceptance of the Tosser that Abramovic has put in charge, I got to thinking about Loyalties...
I've been on this forum a long time, discussed, argued, laughed out loud at, agreed and disagreed with other members new and old, I've grown to respect some views more than others and this has come through years of reading and posting, people that I've not understood their ideas about some subjects I have applauded in others and to be fair a lot have been right on occasions I have likely been wrong...mainly down to loyalties and not so much actual football.
This has surprised me though, although many of the people I have long since forotten our disagreements and we know each others ideas well enough (as well as you can through the internet) are pretty much as appalled as I am at the introduction of a
man so hated by the fans of this Club that I find it difficult to even listen to his interviews, a man that has gone much further than
mind games and the usual pre match digs you might find from a Wenger or a Ferguson (both Managers I respect far more than this one) a Man who has dug out the fans and support of the club, a man who credited his now benifactor for our victories under Mourinho. there are some (again posters I've grown to resoect) who actually seem to be able to put all that aside...
.All that and the fact that (I must stop using the word FACT) Robbie De Matteo, the man who achieved great status as a player and surpassed it as a manager was given hardly any leeway at all in a transitional season with a blunt striker and a makeshift defence when he had the audacity to drop the blunt striker for a sh*t or bust champions league game (while sitting third in the league).
Everyone can see that there has been mistakes, everyone can see the football has been attractive but inconsistent unyet results have been there...UTD sould be behind us, the Clattenurg game was our three points in any other universe and that travesty rocked our boat, UTD lost to Norwich on the day we lost to swansea and they would be three points behind us if fairness prevailed, this wasn't a couple of dodgy offside calls it was total and utter cheating.
Anyway I digress,
What I'm trying to get my head round is the title of the post "Fickle or Forgiving" I find it odd to be on the side of the fence that
is unforgiving as I am usually the one to be defending the Manager and I do that more because of my sense of fair play than any other reason.
lets look back
Raniari....I defended Raniari because I didn't like the way Jose was touted while Claudio was doing a decent Job and I thought the team was going in the right direction, I got behind Mourinho when he came in and didn't blame him in ay way.
Mourinho...unbelievable that he was sacked, didn't need to defend him as everyone knew it was a bad decision.
Grant, the bloke that came in wasn't to blame he had never been an enemy, never slagged us off in any way and was pretty unassuming going through his duties and to be fair done ok, I defended him purely on the basis that he was given the Job by the one we must all be grateful to (grateful for sacking two or three of the best managers around) and he didn't do anything less than we could have expected in fact we performed better than anyone could have imagined...you can use any excuse you like as to why that was but truthfully the buck stopped with him and his record was not one that should have led to the sack.
Scholari, never blamed him for taking the job and was right behind him, I felt he got us playing some blinding stuff but transfers that never happened hurt his style of football (Badly needed the Robinho deal to go through) and the Board let him down with no plan B, he wasn't good here in the end and it was not too surprising that he was sacked but again I defended his decisions and his good name (still think he got too much abuse)
Hiddink came in and I was right behind him, very good Manager although as we know steadying the ship is easier espessially under Romans gaze.
Ancelotti, always liked this man, liked him as a player and loved him here as a manager, worried at the way he lost a CL final after leading at half time but I felt players let him down that day and the opposition team was managed in the second half by the Tea Lady, hated it in his first seaon when people gave up on him during the slump, loved it when he turned things rond and hated it the next season when he was expected to take the same aging team on to the next level and couldn't do it, gutted at his sacking.
AVB, didn't want him for a minute, got behind him when he arrived and as I knew his instructions were to lower the age of the squad, we had all agreed on the site that it was a transition season and trophies were not to be expected, I defended his strange decisions, he was sacked, unfairly still but understandble as I think the owner changed his mind on what he asked him to achieve...I felt he gave him the Job of changing things and making the transition but AVB went at that a bit gung ho.
Robbie....what can I say, great to see a Manager I actually had affection for, an ex player that I idolised as a player now he was going to try to get a top four spot so we could play CL next season...hold on he seems to know what hes doing here, we look really motivated, the boys respect him and his dealing with the media is a joy to see...FA CUP...CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE...give him the Job now.
What seemed an eternity later Robbie is given the Job he has earned, the Job he was born to do, we all agree with the new additions a trophy would be a bonus but the transition was in the right hands, a young Chelsea through and through legend that can learn more and more as he brings the team on to the next level, the football we start playing has even the media giving glowing reports and we take off out of the traps leaving the rest behind, a few results don't go our way and the transition is forgotten, the first full season in charge of a group full of new faces and desperately needing a couple more is ignored, a referee decides we should let UTD have three points and we fall behind the top two as our momentum takes a hit and team spirit understandably is diminished.
JT and ash miss some games and we at last see the difference between a hungry Sturridge and a toothless Torres, next game Torres just can't start, but sods law shows its face again and Sturridge is hamstrung, Robbie knows his Job is on the line...he needs to turn this round at Juventus and that means something different, No Danny means he turns to Hazard, a lucky deflection gives Juve the lead but we do show some good signs and could have scored ourselves, pressure form Juve pays off and another deflection puts the game out of reach, still some sharp breaks but some great chances don't produce the finishes they deserve and a third goal puts us and Robbie out.
Robbie was not the man Abramovic wanted but he forced his hand with his ability as a coach and a motivator, that doesn't go missing over night and any good luck we had winning the CL had a share of bad luck that we got past, because we hurdled it doesn't mean it didn't exist.
The Man Abramovic wanted still didn't want the job so he sacked Robbie anyway...then he looked at all the managers in all the world......
I can't get behind the new Manager, I think Robbie sould have been given at least the season and if we didn't make a CL place I could just about understand it, I wouldn't have at the start of the season but after a good start I could understand it.
If he was to be sacked it should have been discussed with him that Abramovic still wanted Guardiola and he would come in next season, not that I wanted Guardiola, I feel he Bottled when Jose and Real looked like real competition out there but I'd take him now.
I rambled on and on but my point is how could people slate some of those Managers I defended, calling them everything from Clowns to Toads, old and past it to shoolboy when all they done was took on a job that was a bit too much for them unyet some bloke we have spent years slagging off has jumped in Robbies still warm chair and its ok?
I've been on this forum a long time, discussed, argued, laughed out loud at, agreed and disagreed with other members new and old, I've grown to respect some views more than others and this has come through years of reading and posting, people that I've not understood their ideas about some subjects I have applauded in others and to be fair a lot have been right on occasions I have likely been wrong...mainly down to loyalties and not so much actual football.
This has surprised me though, although many of the people I have long since forotten our disagreements and we know each others ideas well enough (as well as you can through the internet) are pretty much as appalled as I am at the introduction of a
man so hated by the fans of this Club that I find it difficult to even listen to his interviews, a man that has gone much further than
mind games and the usual pre match digs you might find from a Wenger or a Ferguson (both Managers I respect far more than this one) a Man who has dug out the fans and support of the club, a man who credited his now benifactor for our victories under Mourinho. there are some (again posters I've grown to resoect) who actually seem to be able to put all that aside...
.All that and the fact that (I must stop using the word FACT) Robbie De Matteo, the man who achieved great status as a player and surpassed it as a manager was given hardly any leeway at all in a transitional season with a blunt striker and a makeshift defence when he had the audacity to drop the blunt striker for a sh*t or bust champions league game (while sitting third in the league).
Everyone can see that there has been mistakes, everyone can see the football has been attractive but inconsistent unyet results have been there...UTD sould be behind us, the Clattenurg game was our three points in any other universe and that travesty rocked our boat, UTD lost to Norwich on the day we lost to swansea and they would be three points behind us if fairness prevailed, this wasn't a couple of dodgy offside calls it was total and utter cheating.
Anyway I digress,
What I'm trying to get my head round is the title of the post "Fickle or Forgiving" I find it odd to be on the side of the fence that
is unforgiving as I am usually the one to be defending the Manager and I do that more because of my sense of fair play than any other reason.
lets look back
Raniari....I defended Raniari because I didn't like the way Jose was touted while Claudio was doing a decent Job and I thought the team was going in the right direction, I got behind Mourinho when he came in and didn't blame him in ay way.
Mourinho...unbelievable that he was sacked, didn't need to defend him as everyone knew it was a bad decision.
Grant, the bloke that came in wasn't to blame he had never been an enemy, never slagged us off in any way and was pretty unassuming going through his duties and to be fair done ok, I defended him purely on the basis that he was given the Job by the one we must all be grateful to (grateful for sacking two or three of the best managers around) and he didn't do anything less than we could have expected in fact we performed better than anyone could have imagined...you can use any excuse you like as to why that was but truthfully the buck stopped with him and his record was not one that should have led to the sack.
Scholari, never blamed him for taking the job and was right behind him, I felt he got us playing some blinding stuff but transfers that never happened hurt his style of football (Badly needed the Robinho deal to go through) and the Board let him down with no plan B, he wasn't good here in the end and it was not too surprising that he was sacked but again I defended his decisions and his good name (still think he got too much abuse)
Hiddink came in and I was right behind him, very good Manager although as we know steadying the ship is easier espessially under Romans gaze.
Ancelotti, always liked this man, liked him as a player and loved him here as a manager, worried at the way he lost a CL final after leading at half time but I felt players let him down that day and the opposition team was managed in the second half by the Tea Lady, hated it in his first seaon when people gave up on him during the slump, loved it when he turned things rond and hated it the next season when he was expected to take the same aging team on to the next level and couldn't do it, gutted at his sacking.
AVB, didn't want him for a minute, got behind him when he arrived and as I knew his instructions were to lower the age of the squad, we had all agreed on the site that it was a transition season and trophies were not to be expected, I defended his strange decisions, he was sacked, unfairly still but understandble as I think the owner changed his mind on what he asked him to achieve...I felt he gave him the Job of changing things and making the transition but AVB went at that a bit gung ho.
Robbie....what can I say, great to see a Manager I actually had affection for, an ex player that I idolised as a player now he was going to try to get a top four spot so we could play CL next season...hold on he seems to know what hes doing here, we look really motivated, the boys respect him and his dealing with the media is a joy to see...FA CUP...CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE...give him the Job now.
What seemed an eternity later Robbie is given the Job he has earned, the Job he was born to do, we all agree with the new additions a trophy would be a bonus but the transition was in the right hands, a young Chelsea through and through legend that can learn more and more as he brings the team on to the next level, the football we start playing has even the media giving glowing reports and we take off out of the traps leaving the rest behind, a few results don't go our way and the transition is forgotten, the first full season in charge of a group full of new faces and desperately needing a couple more is ignored, a referee decides we should let UTD have three points and we fall behind the top two as our momentum takes a hit and team spirit understandably is diminished.
JT and ash miss some games and we at last see the difference between a hungry Sturridge and a toothless Torres, next game Torres just can't start, but sods law shows its face again and Sturridge is hamstrung, Robbie knows his Job is on the line...he needs to turn this round at Juventus and that means something different, No Danny means he turns to Hazard, a lucky deflection gives Juve the lead but we do show some good signs and could have scored ourselves, pressure form Juve pays off and another deflection puts the game out of reach, still some sharp breaks but some great chances don't produce the finishes they deserve and a third goal puts us and Robbie out.
Robbie was not the man Abramovic wanted but he forced his hand with his ability as a coach and a motivator, that doesn't go missing over night and any good luck we had winning the CL had a share of bad luck that we got past, because we hurdled it doesn't mean it didn't exist.
The Man Abramovic wanted still didn't want the job so he sacked Robbie anyway...then he looked at all the managers in all the world......
I can't get behind the new Manager, I think Robbie sould have been given at least the season and if we didn't make a CL place I could just about understand it, I wouldn't have at the start of the season but after a good start I could understand it.
If he was to be sacked it should have been discussed with him that Abramovic still wanted Guardiola and he would come in next season, not that I wanted Guardiola, I feel he Bottled when Jose and Real looked like real competition out there but I'd take him now.
I rambled on and on but my point is how could people slate some of those Managers I defended, calling them everything from Clowns to Toads, old and past it to shoolboy when all they done was took on a job that was a bit too much for them unyet some bloke we have spent years slagging off has jumped in Robbies still warm chair and its ok?