FIFA 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
dStarted doing the online season thing now, really enjoying it. Up to div 8 pretty easily so far. Got W/D/L record of 11/1/1 and was pretty unlucky to lose the one i did. Really good system and whilst it dosent sort out the problem of quitters completely there certainly seems to be less than their was in fifa 11

 
Finally got a chance to play this. Great game, really enjoying it.

 
This impact engine needs work, sometimes it looks really realistic but other times its its beyond a joke, that said, this is the best Fifa that i have played.

 
You mean the impact engine that seems to have no idea on what's a foul and what isn't? Can't tell you the number of games I've lost to dodgy pens.

One thing I will say is the soundtrack as always is good. There are always at least a couple of bands whose music I discover via FIFA each year.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Playing career mode with Chelsea...in the second season now. Bought Hazard and Hamsik and have sold Malouda, Drogba, Anelka, Benoyoun. Playing 4231 with Torres up front who, along with Lampard is doing bulk of the scoring.

I am finding pro very tough as I am drawing most of the games. Even if I go 3-0 up I manage to fk it up just enough to make the score 3-3. Defending was a nightmare to start with but getting the hang of it a bit. The computer dribbles a lot which is very annoying.

The impact engine is stupid cause they haven't taken care of the off the ball collisions. Players simply fall over each other off the ball which makes it difficult if the said player is an intended target of a pass.

 
Does anyone here have/want to join a club in the pro club mode?

 
My biggest issue is it is hard to win the ball back, pressing is difficult. Even as Chelsea against ballsack teams it's not easy to win it back, because there is no pressure on the ball.

 
My biggest issue is it is hard to win the ball back, pressing is difficult. Even as Chelsea against ballsack teams it's not easy to win it back, because there is no pressure on the ball.
I noticed this also. I'm having a hard time winning the ball back even against "lesser" opposition. Most of my matches, win or lose, I'm low on the possession.

Still, fun game. Enjoying it much.

 
I usually go flying in repeatedly, missing everything half of the time and picking up lots of cards. Still get the ball back quicker that way. :wink:

 
I usually go flying in repeatedly, missing everything half of the time and picking up lots of cards. Still get the ball back quicker that way. :wink:
I do that too but mostly after getting frustrated half an hour (of the game time not real time) into the game. Its even more frustrating when the computer is losing with last 15-20 mins to go. It just doesnt give the ball away and if you foul near the box its most definitely going to be a screamer into the top corner.

 
Does anyone here have/want to join a club in the pro club mode?
I'm keen but I haven't been playing much FIFA since MW3 and Batman have come out. And an thing that sucks about Pro Club is you all ways need at least two people who are in the club to be playing at any given time.

 
Apparently I've learned the manual jockey is the way to do it. It auto-tackles when you get close enough to win the ball.

Just starting my second season, have decided now to switch from legacy to this tactical defending given I now have an idea how it works. Expecting losses though.

Have made a fair few changes to the squad. I've cut Drogba, Anelka, Malouda, Kalou, Alex, Essien, Mikel, Bosingwa, and bought Honda, Lassana Diarra, Gary Cahill, Jack Rodwell and Giuseppe Rossi. Got Lalkovic back from Doncaster as well.

 
Apparently I've learned the manual jockey is the way to do it. It auto-tackles when you get close enough to win the ball.

Just starting my second season, have decided now to switch from legacy to this tactical defending given I now have an idea how it works. Expecting losses though.

Have made a fair few changes to the squad. I've cut Drogba, Anelka, Malouda, Kalou, Alex, Essien, Mikel, Bosingwa, and bought Honda, Lassana Diarra, Gary Cahill, Jack Rodwell and Giuseppe Rossi. Got Lalkovic back from Doncaster as well.
Its a nightmare playing with a keyboard on a computer as you have to use manual jockey with team mate press while at the same time having an eye on switch player and pace control. Bring back the one key defending I say.

 
Yeah I think they need to work out we only have so many fingers and most of us aren't world class pianists therefore we don't have the dexterity to perfectly time 8 different things at the same time.

I don't mind the idea of the opposition having the ball I just have an issue with them waltzing straight into my penalty area past three defenders having shrugged off my attempts at jockeying.

 
Does anyone here have/want to join a club in the pro club mode?
Yeah I've got a good one with some old school friends. I got my pro up to 84 in about an hour, it's quite easy when you know how

 
The key to the defending is to use the new contain feature. Done by pressing X on the PS3. You cant just rush and get the ball back but there is quite a bit more of an art to it than previous fifa's and when you adapt to it is very good. My D is probably better now than it was in other fifa's, im an absolute huge fan of the new system although I could see how it would be a nightmare playing on the computer

 
I imagine it would be easier to defend using a joystick as you can bring more fingers into play. At least I hope so thats why I have ordered a usb joystick.

 
I imagine it would be easier to defend using a joystick as you can bring more fingers into play. At least I hope so thats why I have ordered a usb joystick.
Haven't played this years version and I may give it a miss. For someone who has switched from PC to console I cant speak for myself that I find playingon the console far easier than on the keyboard. That is precisely one of the reasons I fail at gaming events that use keyboards.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top