FIFA 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished my first season of career mode on legendary undefeated as the Chels. It was a bit too easy to win to be honest. So many teams play these ridiculous high lines and Sturridge and Mata just tore them apart with through balls.

Some complaints:

1. Penalties are bo**ocks, there's no rhyme or reason as to when one will be given away.

2. It seems much harder to win headers

3. The player ratings don't change when players go in different positions

4. It seems to have gone back to that thing from a couple of seasons ago, where you would win the ball in a tackle, and somehow the opponent gets the ball back more often by fouling you and nothing happens.

 
Finished my first season of career mode on legendary undefeated as the Chels. It was a bit too easy to win to be honest. So many teams play these ridiculous high lines and Sturridge and Mata just tore them apart with through balls.

Some complaints:

1. Penalties are bo**ocks, there's no rhyme or reason as to when one will be given away.

2. It seems much harder to win headers

3. The player ratings don't change when players go in different positions

4. It seems to have gone back to that thing from a couple of seasons ago, where you would win the ball in a tackle, and somehow the opponent gets the ball back more often by fouling you and nothing happens.
Impressive, you must be a solid player if you can win your first season on legendary. Do you play the normal 2 mins each way or longer games?

 
Nah 6 mins each way. And I'm actually pretty ordinary, I think I just found a way that could score without trouble. Sturridge is ridiculously quick, and I could always seem to score more. The AI defenders seem to be stupid they are incapable of dealing with a false 9.

 
... and so my downward spiral begins.

No win in 6, gone from scoring for fun and defending like Branna to no goals and defending like Bosingwa.

In the 6 games I only scored 2 goals :sad:

 
That's just the built in Chelsea midseason slump Gem, nothing you can do about it!

 
I believe we refer to that as a "bad moment"?

Living in town near University, a group on Facebook has invited me to a huge house FIFA battle to take place in a few weeks, so me and my two housemates are taking part, incredibly excited, will try and force us to play as Chelsea, we'll see!

 
One thing in particular is annoying me about Fifa 12.

I'm playing career mode, as a player (my virtual pro). And in matches, sometimes I can have really good games, and then throughout the second half, I seem to lose match rating at random.

For instance, after a goal and an assist, I had a rating of 9.4. Somehow in the last 20 minutes I managed to lose 1.4 points to finish on an 8 despite doing pretty much nothing wrong in that time.

It wouldn't be such a big deal, but it's preventing me from moving up the squad rankings, which could cost me at the end of the season. It's a constant source of frustration. It's far too easy to lose rating.

 
Just got fifa12 yesterday. Was trying to hold out until the end of the uni year and after my exams but caved. Taking a fair bit of getting used to with the new defending system but i can see the benefits of it so just going to have to put in the hours on it i guess.

Some of the ratings have really annoyed me, not just players in our team being too low but some of the outrageously high ratings for some oppositions players.

 
Wilshere is up to 89 on my game at the start of season 2....

I know he's good...but seriously

 
Yeah but he's the "cover star" Cam - so he will always be rated better than he is, why have a crap player on the cover?

Can I just say - had to take Drogba off coz he was injured, I was 3-0 down and doomed. I brought on Sturridge and oh... my... god. Scored 2, set up Mata and I had pulled it back to 3-3 within 20 minutes! Torres then grabbed a winner and it ended 4-3. It felt better than sex. Well, some sex.

Sorry Drogs, looks like speed, rather than power, is the only way to go in this game.

 
Nah Didier is fine, you just have to play Didier or Lukaku with Sturridge. One drops off and one then plays the through ball to Danny

 
Torres scores 70% of my goals so I can't drop him (I play 4-4-2 diamond but with Mata on the far right) - so it's Torres on the right and Sturridge on the left for me at the moment.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm finding the game rather interesting at the moment. I've decided to make this Chelsea career predominately simmed.

I am nearing the end of season 3, and there's been some developments worth noting.

1. Petr Cech came unsettled one year, got over, got unsettled the next year, the board made me sell him. Dissapointing.

2. I sold a lot of the older players (Cole, Lampard, Drogba, Anelka, Malouda, Bosingwa, Alex etc).

3. I find the developments of different players very confusing. Each player must just have a maximum level they can reach. The following players have been capped at this level for at least a year:

- Ivanovic (84): expected

- Terry (86): Expected

- Luiz (85): Looked like he was going well, then stopped

- Ramires (82): Improved well, then also, just stopped

- Torres (86): Expected

- Sturridge (82): Very dissapointing. He plays well...but has been stuck on 82 for ages, no signs of it going up

- Mata (85): No more movement

- Ljajic (79): Promising signs early, then nothing this year at all

- Papadopolous (82): Only 22 still, but no improvement this season at all. Had him nearly two seasons and only +1

- Muniain (80): Bought him season one, and I don't think he's gone up at all...and he's still only 21. 3 seasons, nothing.

It's clearly not just an age factor, because some appear to stop at about 26/26, others much earlier.

However, here's some advice, these players will grow amazingly well:

- Courtois (83): Still only 22...had to step up last season when I was forced to sell Cech. Has gone up 4 levels this season alone.

- McEachran (82): recently turned 21...has done up 5 levels this season. Sold Essien so he's a first teamer now.

- Lukaku (86): still 21...and as good as Torres. I will sell Torres in the offseason, because Lukaku is too good to be a bench man.

- Brum (76): First year with him after his loan...only use him in rotation, but he's picked up a few levels (don't know what's to come)

- Kakuta (81): Not a first teamer, but gradually picks up the levels...now he's higher rated than Muniain

4. The youth scouting system is interesting. My biggest win from the process has been a 17 year old CB with a 70 rating and he had a predicted rating of between 82-88.

5. My first team

GK: Courtois (83)

RB: Ivanovic (84)

CB: Terry (86)

CB: Luiz (85)

LB: Schennikov (80) - been dissapointed with his growth this season...will probably upgrade

CM: Ramires (82)

CM: Sahin (87) - was listed by Real...got him for 20mil...he was an 85

CM: McEachran (82)

RW: Sturridge (82) - Regularly leads the goalscoring charts from this position

ST: Torres (86)

LW: Mata (85)

It's a very effective team.

 
I have also put Josh, Sturridge, PVA, and Kakuta into play alot. Sturridge has done very well for me.

One player I suggest buying, even though he is actually ours already, is Lucas Piazon. I bought him right away, and with playing time, he grows very fast. I have seen some FIFA forums say that he has the potential to be a 85-88 player. I am two and half years in and he has grown quickly. Good vision and a good long shot on him.

 
http://www.fifafanat...-young-players/

This gives you a ballpark idea of where everyone is supposed to end up at. The disclaimer at the top says that the overalls could be more or less, depending on how much you play them.

I try to remember and transfer Piazon and Davila to our team before entering a manager mode, becuase for some reason neither is listed as loanees for us. Also not sure if Tomas Kalas is anywhere in this game, hopefully they patch him and Chalobah in the January patch.

By searching for Chelsea on that website, it appears that Bertrand gets to 81+, and Josh gets to 85+, and Lukaku can up to 88! Sadly, I don't see Romeu on the prospect list, that should be fixed as well.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I sold Romeu...because despite playing him about the same as Josh initially, he was still only at 71 or so. Not quick enough. I also sold Bertrand to focus on PVA...then ended up selling him too lol

I pointed out Josh, Courtois and Lukaku in my big post above. Three terrific players.

 
On my PSP Fifa 12, I'm running a 4-4-2 diamond with Lukaku and Sturridge as my strikers. Torres is actually my sub.

I bought Götze for just under $40 million, and he's been a star. He scored a hat trick in his first match as my CAM. Second season, and I think he's an 89 now. I run Lamps as my back up CAM.

I sold Cech and bought Neuer. I sold Malouda as well to help fund the Neuer purchase. I actually kept Kalou as an "insurance policy". I sold Didier to the Wolves and kept Anelka. :biggrin:

I've stayed with the backline of:

Cole - JT - Luiz - Ivan

I'm in the process of scouting for more defense.

Fun game, even for the PSP. The PSP doesn't seem much different than the 11 version though. I'm interested to get back and play it on the 360 to see how it is on that.

 
Cam - Thanks to you I am considering doing a manager mode with us and just selling most of our older players off. I'll probably keep Lamps, JT and Torres for a season, but I'm considering doing something like this:

-----------Courtois------------

PVA-----Luiz----Bruma----Bertrand

---------Josh---------Ramires

--------------De Bruyne-------

Sturridge-----Lukaku----Mata

Subs: Mikel, Ivan, Piazon, Davila, Kalas, Clifford, Kakuta, and maybe make my created player into Chalobah.

 
Don't know if everyone already uses it, but the pass fake is a very good move to beat players 1v1 even in legendary. I don't really use any of the real tricks but this one is extremely effective.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top