Film and Music Quizzes

Status
Not open for further replies.
dog day afternoon doesn't qualify... that's panicky pacino. who shouts.godfather part 2 is restrained 90% of the time- hardly shouty pacino.

er, I'll give you the others.

but I put these across to you:

two for the money, devil's advocate, that film with robin of batman and robin... oh yes, scent of a woman, the recruit, any given sunday, and surely, there's more.

in summary, pacino in godfather is better than pacino going "hooooowaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!".
Aaargh I see - sorry misunderstood - I thought you were badmothing Pacino full stop rather than the Pacino Martin O'Neill impression films.

Fair point

 
ANY GIVEN SUNDAY!!!That is the quote isn't it Maksimov?
Yes. When you see the poster, you know what kind of Pacino to expect:

pacino-al-any-given-sunday-cameron-diaz-oliver-stone-3700638.jpg


icon_lol.gif


 
1. Where do Rhett and Scarlett go on their honeymoon in ?Gone with the Wind??

2. Which film did Bruce Lee die half way through filming?

3. Who had a main role in Reservoir Dogs and also made a brief appearance in Pulp Fiction as Buddy Holly?

4. What was unusual about the best actress Oscar in 1969?

5. Which major film star made their film debut in A Nightmare on Elm Street?

6. Who was the first black person to win a best actor or actress Oscar?

7. Who was originally going to be in the film ?Panic Room? but couldn?t make it however still appears in the film on the telephone?

8. What links the films Jaws, Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind and The Graduate

9. What was the final score in the footie game in ?Escape to Victory??

10. The soundtrack to which film had the word ?moon? in every song?

 
1. New Orleans

2. (Are you sure you meant BRUCE?) Game of Death ?

3. Steve Buscemi

5. Johnny Depp

6. Sidney Poitier

7. Nicole Kidman ?

 
All correct and yes I did mean Bruce (obviously as you got it right!) although I should have maybe said half way through production rather than filming.

He was half way through filming Game of Death when he got the offer to be in Enter the Dragon. he decided he couldn't turn it down so went to make it. That was fully made and then Bruce Lee died before it was released and before he could go back and finish Game of Death. It was finished using old footage of Lee and a stand in.

 
Ok...if someone wants to try the quotes again, here's a list with the movies that have been already identified with the connections between the films in gray and the quotes that are still unidentified written in bold:
A) ?So he showed up not dead yet. Let that be a lesson to you, boys and girls. Don't ever argue with the big dog, because the big dog is always right.?B) Witness

[The quote from Witness is said by Harrison Ford, who also appears in American Graffiti]

C) American Graffiti

[American Graffiti is directed by George Lucas, who also directed the prequel 'Star Wars' -trilogy in which Ewan McGregor features as an actor]

D) Shallow Grave

E) ?Queer bird...even for an American.?

F) Doctor Zhivago

[Rod Steiger says the quote from 'Doctor Zhivago', and he also features in 'On the Waterfront']

G) On the Waterfront

H) ?Man has a choice and it's a choice that makes him a man.?

I) Grapes of Wrath

[The quote from 'Grapes of Wrath' and 'Once Upon a Time in the West' are said by Henry Fonda]

J) Once Upon a Time in the West

[The quote from 'Once Upon a Time in the West' is said by Henry Fonda, who is the father of Peter Fonda who features in 'Easy Rider' as an actor, writer and producer.]

K) Easy Rider

[Dennis Hopper says the quotes in 'Easy Rider' and 'Rumblefish']

L) Rumble Fish

M) ?Oh, I see. With all the poor people of this city who wanted only to live and were viciously murdered, you have the nerve to sit here, wanting to die, and not go through with it? You make me sick!?

N) ?I'm not afraid of death, but I am afraid of murder.?

O) ?A plague on you. A plague on the whole stinking lot of ya, without morals or laws. And all you whores got no laws. You got no honor. It's no wonder you all emigrated to America, because they wouldn't have you in England. You're a lot of savages, that's what you all are. A bunch of bloody savages. A plague on you.?

P) Guns of Navarone

['Guns of Navarone' and 'Where Eagles Dare' are both based on Alistair MacLean novels]

Q) Where Eagles Dare

[The quote from 'Where Eagles Dare' is said by Clint Eastwood, who directed 'Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil']

R) Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil

[John Cusack says the quotes from 'Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil' and 'High Fidelity']

S) High Fidelity

[Jack Black says the quote from 'King Kong' and he also appears in 'High Fidelity']

T) King Kong

U) ?The board is set...the pieces are moving?

V) ?To have someone in your control. To have them know that they are alive only because you have not decided to the contrary. Do you have that power? Ask yourself. It's not an easy question. I think you know that.?

W) Shawshank Redemption

X) ?I was at dinner last evening, and halfway through the pudding, this four-year-old child came alone, dragging a little toy cart. And on the cart was a fresh turd. Her own, I suppose. The parents just shook their heads and smiled. I've made a big investment in you, Peter. Time and money, and it's not working. Now, I could just shake my head and smile. But in my house, when a turd appears, we throw it out. We dispose of it. We flush it away. We don't put it on the table and call it caviar.?

Y) Carlito?s Way

Z) ?Now I can't do it for ya, I'm too old. I look around, I see these young faces and I think, I mean, I've made every wrong choice a middle-aged man can make. I've pissed away all my money, believe it or not. I chased off anyone who's ever loved me. And lately, I cant even stand the face I see in the mirror.?

JOKER: The Jazz Singer
I'm surprised that no one has got A yet.
A = Fugitive. I watched it this morning, heard it and then came back on here quick!

 
Making Harrison Ford the link again - two in a row - lazy quiz making Maksimov!!

 
Making Harrison Ford the link again - two in a row - lazy quiz making Maksimov!!
Well, considering how long it took you to get the right answer, I certainly shouldn't make them any more difficult.
247.gif


 
Says the man who only has 60% in my quiz!!

 
Says the man who only has 60% in my quiz!!
After having one look at the questions. The quote quiz has been going for a few days now.
icon_wink.gif


 
Is Richard Dreyfuss(spelling?) the link between Jaws, Graduate and Close Encounters of the Third Kind...?
icon_confused.gif


 
Has there ever been a tie for best actress? I think there has been for best actor, not sure though. So my guess is that in 1969 it was a tie between two or more actresses.
icon_confused.gif


 
Yes he is - you now have a respectable 70%

 
Never seen Escape to Victory apart from short clips and still images and I've got no idea about the soundtrack question. Maybe someone else will know. I'll say 0-0 for the final score and Georges Melies' 'A Trip to the Moon' for the soundtrack question...
icon_lol.gif


 
It was a tie in 1969 - Barbra Streisand and Katharine Hepburn both got best actress.

Never seen 'Escape to Victory' pahh, you know nothing about films!

Wrong on the score and the soundtrack.

0-0!!! What kind of sporting based action film is going to have no goals!

 
dog day afternoon doesn't qualify... that's panicky pacino. who shouts.godfather part 2 is restrained 90% of the time- hardly shouty pacino.

er, I'll give you the others.

but I put these across to you:

two for the money, devil's advocate, that film with robin of batman and robin... oh yes, scent of a woman, the recruit, any given sunday, and surely, there's more.

in summary, pacino in godfather is better than pacino going "hooooowaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!".
Aaargh I see - sorry misunderstood - I thought you were badmothing Pacino full stop rather than the Pacino Martin O'Neill impression films.

Fair point
of course not. he's obviously one of the all time best, despite all of that.

on a not entirely unrelated note, portuga, aka sofa manager (worst name ever) does not rate pacino, de niro or brando as good actors.

 
Is this the same Portuga who finds this amusing?


 
I'd ALMOST rather watch an Adam Sandler comedy than Ace Ventura. ::WhyMe::

 
Ok...thought I'd mention this one once more in case someone wants to try the quotes AGAIN. Here's the updated list with the movies that have been already identified with the connections between the films in gray and the quotes that are still unidentified written in bold:

A) The Fugitive[The quote from 'The Fugitive' is said by Tommy Lee Jones, who plays a character who is tracking down the fugitive played by Harrision Ford, who says the quote from 'Witness']

:BAnD: Witness

[The quote from Witness is said by Harrison Ford, who also appears in American Graffiti]

C) American Graffiti

[American Graffiti is directed by George Lucas, who also directed the prequel 'Star Wars' -trilogy in which Ewan McGregor features as an actor]

D) Shallow Grave

E) ?Queer bird...even for an American.?

F) Doctor Zhivago

[Rod Steiger says the quote from 'Doctor Zhivago', and he also features in 'On the Waterfront']

G) On the Waterfront

H) ?Man has a choice and it's a choice that makes him a man.?

I) Grapes of Wrath

[The quote from 'Grapes of Wrath' and 'Once Upon a Time in the West' are said by Henry Fonda]

J) Once Upon a Time in the West

[The quote from 'Once Upon a Time in the West' is said by Henry Fonda, who is the father of Peter Fonda who features in 'Easy Rider' as an actor, writer and producer.]

K) Easy Rider

[Dennis Hopper says the quotes in 'Easy Rider' and 'Rumblefish']

L) Rumble Fish

M) ?Oh, I see. With all the poor people of this city who wanted only to live and were viciously murdered, you have the nerve to sit here, wanting to die, and not go through with it? You make me sick!?

N) ?I'm not afraid of death, but I am afraid of murder.?

O) Unforgiven

[both quotes are said by Richard Harris]

P) Guns of Navarone

['Guns of Navarone' and 'Where Eagles Dare' are both based on Alistair MacLean novels]

Q) Where Eagles Dare

[The quote from 'Where Eagles Dare' is said by Clint Eastwood, who directed 'Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil']

R) Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil

[John Cusack says the quotes from 'Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil' and 'High Fidelity']

S) High Fidelity

[Jack Black says the quote from 'King Kong' and he also appears in 'High Fidelity']

T) King Kong

U) ?The board is set...the pieces are moving?

V) ?To have someone in your control. To have them know that they are alive only because you have not decided to the contrary. Do you have that power? Ask yourself. It's not an easy question. I think you know that.?

W) Shawshank Redemption

X) ?I was at dinner last evening, and halfway through the pudding, this four-year-old child came alone, dragging a little toy cart. And on the cart was a fresh turd. Her own, I suppose. The parents just shook their heads and smiled. I've made a big investment in you, Peter. Time and money, and it's not working. Now, I could just shake my head and smile. But in my house, when a turd appears, we throw it out. We dispose of it. We flush it away. We don't put it on the table and call it caviar.?

Y) Carlito?s Way

[both quotes are said by Al Pacino]

Z) Any Given Sunday(Tony D?Amato/Al Pacino)

JOKER: The Jazz Singer
I'll give a few hints to keep things moving. I'll give short descriptions of the plot of the movies...

E) After settling his differences with a Japanese PoW camp commander, a British colonel co-operates to oversee his men's construction of a railway bridge for their captors - while oblivious to a plan by the Allies to destroy it.

H) Cal Trask feels he must compete against overwhelming odds with his brother Aron for the love of their father Adam.

M) A paramedic has become burned out and haunted by visions of the people he's tried to save.

N) A paranoid and personally-secretive surveillance expert has a crisis of conscience when he suspects that a couple he is spying on will be murdered.

U) The War of the Ring reaches its climax.

V) A boy blackmails his neighbour after suspecting him to be a Nazi war criminal.

X) Sherman McCoy sees his life unravel after his mistress Maria Ruskin hits a black boy with his car.

---

I leave it up to you to make the connections. Please don't google straight away if you don't know these, maybe someone will actually know or makes an educated guess.
icon_wink.gif


 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top