Following Our Nearest and Dearest Rivals, 2013-14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moyes should be a racing driver, he's certainly spot on at making excuses lol.

 
Was just about to post the same!  Great minds think alike!

And he said "I find it hard to believe that's the way the balls came out of the bag, that's for sure."  So he's accusing the PL of fixing it - unbelievable!
Yeah, it's not as if a season runs from the first until the last match for every team or something.

 
I found it funny because he said its the worst in 20 years, in those 20 years Fergies been at united so he is asking for the people to think Fergie had it rigged, Will be interesting

 
I couldn't believe Moyes's comments.  Surely accusing the league of fixing the fixture list warrants some disciplinary action?

This season is going to be so fun.

 
Yeah, it's not as if a season runs from the first until the last match for every team or something.
Oh didn't you know?  It's much harder to play teams at the beginning of the season than the middle or the end! 

It's interesting though because the season's fixtures can't just be drawn out of the hat like a cup draw otherwise you would get silly things like playing the same team home and away in consecutive weeks.  And local things need to be taken into account (like for instance I know Shrewsbury Town, our local team, are never at home the same week as the Flower Show takes place).  So I wonder how they do do it.  I'm not suggesting for a moment that I think Moyes has a leg to stand on - the absolute muppet!  But I wonder what happens? 

 
Oh didn't you know?  It's much harder to play teams at the beginning of the season than the middle or the end! 

It's interesting though because the season's fixtures can't just be drawn out of the hat like a cup draw otherwise you would get silly things like playing the same team home and away in consecutive weeks.  And local things need to be taken into account (like for instance I know Shrewsbury Town, our local team, are never at home the same week as the Flower Show takes place).  So I wonder how they do do it.  I'm not suggesting for a moment that I think Moyes has a leg to stand on - the absolute muppet!  But I wonder what happens? 

Policing is a huge part of the fixture list, for example you couldn't have all the London teams playing home fixture at the same time because I doubt the Met has enough officers available to staff all the grounds.

I imagine it's quite a lengthy process in truth, like you say not as simple as just picking teams at random. However with 20 teams to plan for I really don't think there is time to worry about creating a tricky period for any team. 

 
Oh didn't you know?  It's much harder to play teams at the beginning of the season than the middle or the end! 

It's interesting though because the season's fixtures can't just be drawn out of the hat like a cup draw otherwise you would get silly things like playing the same team home and away in consecutive weeks.  And local things need to be taken into account (like for instance I know Shrewsbury Town, our local team, are never at home the same week as the Flower Show takes place).  So I wonder how they do do it.  I'm not suggesting for a moment that I think Moyes has a leg to stand on - the absolute muppet!  But I wonder what happens? 
A computer picks them and the FA (and probably Sky) tweaks it to work around variables the computer can't consider (like CL dates and demands from the police or government).  Sky must have some say in adjusted dates because the odds of their "Super Sunday" in which the biggest teams play each other on the same weekend happening every year by chance are astronomical.  That part probably isn't as dodgy as it looks though considering Sky's flagship teams all have their schedules interrupted by the CL anyway.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Moyes is ovbiously feeling the pressure already. Laughable comments.

 
Darren Bent is set to join Fulham on a season long loan.

Not a bad signing that for them, although a forward pairing of Bent and Berbatov, just don't expect too much tracking back to help out the defense. 

 
Villas is even worse! Arsenal away, chelsea away and then liverpool at home

 
The FA just use the latest Football Manager game to generate fixtures.

 
ronaldinhos most recent shenanigans

VJqCdmk.gif


x7b5727.gif


 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top