Football manager 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bah! I'm 7 points behind in second. Arsenal are too f**king overrated in this game everytime. And sh*t like this keeps happening :actions1:

/monthly_11_2010/post-6069-0-42117500-1289624170.png

 

Attachments

  • Chelsea v Stoke (Stats_ Match Stats).png
    Chelsea v Stoke (Stats_ Match Stats).png
    139.1 KB · Views: 0
I beat Arsenal 3-1 in the ECL final ::ChELSeAFaN::

They had Sevilla in the QTRS, and Shakthar in the SEMIS

I had Inter in the QTRS and Barca in the SEMIS

:rolleyes:

 
So here it is...start of season two, coming off a remarkable season. I haven't brought many players, because they won't get a lot of time.

I am trying to sell Benayoun, but no-one will sign him (even though he had a terriffic season last up). I was planning to sell Anelka because I have Lukaku in, after the transfer I planned a year ago...but wait...Lukaku is out for 8 months :(...so I'll keep Nico...for now.

This is the squad I plan to use to try and go back to back on the titles I earnt.

Goalkeepers

1. Petr Cech - 29 years old - 12.75mil

2. Asmir Begovic - 24 years old - 3mil - offered to me by Stoke for 2.7mil

3. Matej Delac - 18 years old - 2.7mil - also plays for reserves

Defenders

1. John Terry (DC) - 30 - 15.75mil

2. Alex (DC) - 29 - 7mil

3. Ashley Cole (DL) - 30 - 10mil

4. Branislav Ivanovic (DRC) - 27 - 8.25mil

5. Jose Bosingwa (DRL) - 28 - 4.3mil

6. Jeffrey Bruma (DRC) - 19 - 3.2mil - also plays reserves

7. Patrick Van Aahnholt (DLC) - 20 - 1.4mil - also plays reserves

8. Ryan Bertrand (DL) - 22 - 4.4mil - also plays reserves

9. Raphael Varane (DC) - 18 - 3.3mil - also plays reserves, very talented young defender

Make sure you don't get rid of Bertrand...he's really good in my game, and predicted to be 3 1/2 stars.

Defensive Midfielders

1. Mikel John Obi (DM/MC) - 24 - 8.5mil

2. Edu Ramos (DM/MC) - 19 - 2.8mil - also plays reserves

Midfielders

1. Michael Essien (MC/DM) - 28 - 28mil

2. Ramires (MCR/DM) - 24 - 8.75mil

3. Frank Lampard (MC) - 33 - 6.25mil

4. Josh McEachran MC/DM) - 18 - 2.6mil - also plays reserves

Wingers and Forwards

1. Didier Drogba - 33 - 4.5mil

2. Nicolas Anelka (ST/AMRL) - 32 - 3.7mil

3. Giuliano (M/AMRC) - 21 - 7.75 mil - earnt his first 4 brazil caps since I purchased him

4. Daniel Sturridge (ST/AMLR) - 21 - 4.8mil - also plays reserves

5. Saloman Kalou (ST/AMRL) - 26 - 6.75mil

6. Florent Malouda (AML/MC) - 31 - 6.75mil

7. Gael Kakuta (AMLRC/ST) - 20 - 3.3mil - also plays reserves

8. Romelu Lukaku (ST) - 18 - 6mil - in reserves till he recovers

(Benayoun on the outer)

They can be supplemented by the following reserves players:

Inigo Begona

Nemanja Matic

Slobodan Raijkovic

Gai Assulin

Gokhan Tore

Rhys Taylor

Jack Cork

Michael Mancienne

(these are the best of the bunch)

I'm finding it a lot harder to sell players in this game than previous versions....no one will give me a decent figure for the players I'm trying to sell.

I got offered Tevez for his value (12.75mil), which I then offered...but withdrew when his agent told me he was after 212,000 a week.

Also got offered Hamsik for 10.75mil, which I offered, but changed my mind when about to offer a contract....I didn't need any more midfielders considering some of my wingers can play there too...

 
Bloody hell. Pool win the league and Hodgson gets MOTY :o :angry:

Guess i put too many youngsters into the team too soon :(

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Bertrand has become a regular in the England team now...

He's played 3 times in a row. First was at left back with Cole injured, but he retained his spot forcing Cole to LM for the last two.

He's looking good.

 
Best result so far

/monthly_11_2010/post-6069-0-07332600-1289747265.png

 

Attachments

  • Fulham v Chelsea (Information_ Overview).png
    Fulham v Chelsea (Information_ Overview).png
    125.4 KB · Views: 0
Just got Luis Suarez at the start of the second season for 6.75 mil. Thought it was great business but his av rating over 5 games is 6.72. This is the lowest in my whole squad. Also have a private chat with Sturridge and tell him to knock the ball past people. When he's learnt this he's awesome. 20 games last season 12 goals and av rating of 7.34

 
I decided to put the Chelsea game on ice...and play one with Brisbane Roar.

It's going fantastically, and I'm really enjoying it. Unfortunately I'm keeping an eye on the EPL, where Chelsea finished the first season in 6th, missing out on Euro qualification altogether as lower placed teams got a couple of the spots.

Guess who won......Everton

 
Oh, and anyone looking for a fun FM11 challenge, try an A-League team...it's great fun (at least in my opinion). All the teams can potentially win, because the salary cap means even if a team is succesfull, they can have a healthy financial situation, but still not be able to have a squad with more than the salary cap.

Here are some of the rules:

a) Maximum of 5 foreign players can be registered in the squad

- You can have more than 5, but any leftovers will sit in your squad not playing...they could however be put into your youth squad (only 8 or 9 teams have a youth squad) and play there, even if they're over age, so you need to look for Australian's to sign. Make sure you see how many foreigners you have in your team that you want to name in your squad before buying more. Also, check their personal page to see if they have joint Australian citizenship.

e.g. In my Brisbane game it started with Barbarouses (NZ), Henrique (BRA), Smith (ENG), Solorazano (COR) and Broich (GER). There is also Reinaldo (BRA), but he has got Australian citizenship too, so he counts as an Australian player. I tried to sell Smith and Henrique, but no-one would buy them, so I stuck them in the youth squad, where they play as over-age players. I cancelled Solorazno's loan deal freeing up one more spot. By doing this, I had 3 spots available to sign foreign players. I was able to sign a class keeper, a class midfielder and a good striker...and I was set for the season.

B) Salary cap = 20,000 pounds/week

- All players you register must have a combined weekly salary of less than 20,000 pounds. Anyone not included in your registered squad, will not be in the salary cap, but will be in your team budget.

e.g In my game, I found Brisbane were only spending about 11,000, so there was plenty of room for me to move within that.

c) Marquee player rules

- Two marquee players per team!!! One has to be Australian, the other foreign. The registration will automatically chose your Australian and international marquees based on the contracts you've given. None of their contracts will be included in the cap. Important to remember though...you have a salary cap for the whole league, but you also have a wage cap set by your club's board.

e.g At Brisbane, the wage cap was 30,000, so I couldn't go out and spend thousands of pounds on the best player that would come to the club. Sydney F.C's Australian marquee player is on 12,500, where as mine is on 1,200. My foreign marquee takes in 3,000 a week. Your foreign marquee may not be counted in the salary cap, but they are counted in the foreign player allowance.

d) Squad numbers

- There is a minimum and maximum to numbers you can include in your squad, but the game will tell you those numbers.

e) Transfer budgets

- I don't know about other teams, but Brisbane had a budget of 20,000...hardly exciting. As a result, I made 6 signings, all free.

f) Financial shape of clubs

- A lot of the clubs will have very llittle overall money, perhaps even starting in the red. Attendances will be low for most clubs compared to stadium size...I'm working on trying to build mine up through success...but at this stage, I have no idea how it will be affected.

Obviously with poor finances, you need to be extra careful when signing players. Here are my tips for what you need to be succesfull in an A-League game:

a) Look high and wide for free transfer players (both at the start of the game, and when players are coming off contract in further seasons). Start searches for Australian players with international caps or youth caps and then foreigners.

B) If they are unattatched, offer them a trial, so you can see their report and work out if they are going to really help your team. If they think they're too good for a trial, you wouldn't be able to afford them anyway.

c) Haggle, haggle, haggle. You can generally offer a LOT below what the player/agent ask for to start off, and end up saving a lot of money. Players with no clubs are usually willing to accept less.

d) While there won't be many good quality Australians available in year one, there will be plenty in year two. I snapped up a bargain.

e) If a player wants a lot more money, or won't sign a new contract, consider selling. At the start of my second season I sold Steffanutto (Aus marquee) and Broich (foreign player), for a combined 1.6mil pounds. It put me back in the green after falling to 1.5mil in the red. It also opened up a foreign spot, which I used for a talented young French defender, and I was also able to get a new Australian marquee, on even less money than the one who left.

g) There aren't a lot of tournaments you play in to be honest. Here are the options:

- A-League regular season consists of 30 games. The winner qualifies for the following years Asian Champions League

- A-League finals series. League winner and runner up play in a major semi (two legs) where the winner goes straight through to the final and hosts it. 3 through to six fill the minor semi-finals. The two losing teams are eliminated, the two winners play off for the continuing spot. The winner goes on to play the loser of the major semi. The winner of that travels to the winner of the major semi for the grand final

- Asian Champions league. It occurs predominately in the off-season of the A-League. If you qualify at the end of one season, you don't actually enter it until the end of the next A-League campaign. Stupid, yes, but that's how it panned out, and they can't change it now, because then one year's qualifiers would simply miss out lol

- There is an Australian cup (FA cup for Australia) in consideration at the moment, but it's not confirmed or established yet, so it's not in the game.

I really hope someone gives it a go....it's something very different, but very enjoyable. If anyone choses to do it, keep this thread updated so I can see how you're going, and feel free to ask for advice if you're not sure about something.

 
This is gonna be strange :o

/monthly_11_2010/post-6069-0-93702400-1289995115.png

 

Attachments

  • Joe (News_ Inbox)-4.png
    Joe (News_ Inbox)-4.png
    210.8 KB · Views: 0
Much better second season, Would have won the quadruple but for losing the FA cup final. Oh,well :5569:

 
11 penalties in my game so far and just one scored. It used to be the other way last time. Is it just me?
You're not alone! I started a new game yesterday, my team has played 7 pre-season friendlies in which 5 penalties have been given for either side. All 5 were missed, and all 5 were shot wide of the goal - they need to sort this quick!

Also, my first pre-season friendly was away to Valenciennes, and I had 4 players given straight red cards in the first half - something is definitely wrong somewhere!

 
I've taken Brisbane Roar to new heights!!!

Won the Asian Champions League, and earnt a spot in the World Club Challenge....and I won it!

Beat Aukland in the QTRS, got United in the semis...told my players the pressure was off, and won 1-0!!!, then beat NY Red Bulls in the final.

Got a big payday, 3,000,000 for the win...which has gotten me well and truly out of the red.

The shame is, with all this winning, my players are getting better and better, and demanding more money, and I can't feasibly pay it. Going to have to sell my players when they enter their final year so I can get something for them.

 
I don't think I'll bother playing this anymore until the next patch comes out, there are that many problems in the game.

For instance - just played my first competitive game of the season, Charity Shield v Manure. I had 4 players sent off, 3 of them straight reds, hit the crossbar about 5 times, and every time a player had a one-on-one with the keeper he hit it straight at him (both teams).

1-1 at full-time, and we go into a penalty shoot-out - after 8 penalties each it's level pegging - 0-0! F*ckin' joke! Needless to say, we lost 0-1 eventually.

AND

the agents fees being asked are ridiculous, but that's probably more realistic than the rest of the game. Plus, the private chats with players are daft too, you should have seen the conversation I had with Paulo Ferreira! :dash1:

 
the agents fees being asked are ridiculous, but that's probably more realistic than the rest of the game. Plus, the private chats with players are daft too, you should have seen the conversation I had with Paulo Ferreira! :dash1:
Steve if he wants to leave you have to let him go, He's not going to take any notice of you on your knees with tears in your eyes :D

What are you playing it on mate P.C or Console?

 
I would love to see Steve playing this, I bet the first thing he did in the 2010 game was sell Deco and Paulo for sod all. :laugh2:

 
I would love to see Steve playing this, I bet the first thing he did in the 2010 game was sell Deco and Paulo for sod all. :laugh2:
Probobly find their virtual remains in the embers of Hastings Pier :)

 
I would love to see Steve playing this, I bet the first thing he did in the 2010 game was sell Deco and Paulo for sod all. :laugh2:
Taking out personal vendettas in FM is always great. One of the first things I did as Newcastle manager in FM 06 was to fine Dean Saunders repeatedly, then fire his arse.

 
I had Crespo leave me on a Bosman, so I decided to take out my vengeance on him by fining him repeatedly, putting him in the u-18s (so he wouldn't get games), and give him a non existent training schedule so his stats plummeted... he had all 1s by the time he left (except for finishing I think), hated me, and I've never rated him in real life since... purely because of it. :blush:

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top